“Fun Day Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Greenbrier, Tennessee
26 attraction reviews
“Fun Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My Husband and I booked the all day tour. All the sights we took in could have never been seen by an taxi. They took us 4 wheeling up extremely high points for glorious views. Visited the Tide Pools, had a wonderf picnic lunch by the beach, stoped at several different beaches for a quick swim or stroll. The jeep is very bumpy. I sat in the front and had a laughing good time, my husband was in the back and with the sun, the bumpy back roads, it was hard on him. I recommend this for a younger crowd. I am 47 and my husband is 55 and it was at times a bit much for us, but then again we are not used to 4 wheeling back roads. Glad we did it, memories to last a life time. The driver was very nice and knew anything you wanted to know about the island.

Visited September 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Truly an Adventure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I booked a full day jeep tour after hearing from the locals that this is the one thing you have to do while in St. Croix. I'm so glad we did! This was one of the most amazing experiences in my life and the memories will last forever.

Our guide Brian was awesome and had a ton of island knowledge. Our jeep was not the most comfortable (we were packed in pretty tight with 4 of us) but it didn't matter because the landscape was breathtaking. He was very considerate of us wanting to take pictures and made stops when we asked.

The best part for me was the tide pools. They were so beautiful and swimming in them was awesome! I could have stayed there all day. I also really enjoyed the off road trails leading to the tops of the mountains. We went to the second highest point on St. Croix which yielded the best view of the island. I also learned of some other places I might want to stay the next time we go to St. Croix. The beer drinking pigs at the Domino Club were a hoot!

I will have to say, this trip would not be as enjoyable for people with physical limitations like hip, knee, or ankle issues. There is a lot of getting up and down from the jeep (no stepsides) and you have to climb across and up and down the rocks leading to the tide pools. Your muscles will get a work out from holding on tight! It was all worth it though.

Overall, this is a must do excursion for anyone staying in St. Croix. I would book nothing less than the full day tour. Keep in mind, if you are going during off season, make sure you are flexible with the dates you want to do the tour because they won't go unless the date is full. Call them right away on your first day and find out what their availability looks like. We went the last day of our vacation and another couple who went on the excursion said they had been trying to book for 3 weeks and kept getting bumped because the days were not full. Last, it is important to know that payment for the tour is cash only at $140 per person for the full day. No credit cards accepted.

Visited August 2012
Altoona, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
“Tan Tan is a must on your Cruzan Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our party of 4 took the all day tour 7/23/12. It was by far our best experience on the island. Our guide was Gregg and we can't say enough positive things about him!!! His knowledge and love for his island was overwhelming! The trip included plenty of breathtaking views, exciting off-roading, an amazing stop to swim in tidal pools, beautiful beach and rainforest! You have to try the MamaWanna @ the Domino Club while checking out the beer drinking pigs! If you want to have a FABULOUS Day on St.Croix request Gregg as ur driver n tell him his PA friends sent ya :)

Visited July 2012
Hatfield, Pennsylvania, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Sit down and hold on!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

What a great tour!! Did the all day tour. Our guide Ritchie was knowledgeable and just a lot of fun to hang with. This was definitely the highlight of our trip. Went places that you could never even stumble across accidentally. Goat Hill, Blue Mountain, Sugar Mill, Tide Pool, the beer drinking pig (non-alcoholic), and much much more including the best hoagies on the island. Don't be put off by the cost. This trip is definitely worth it!

Visited June 2012
Maple Shade, New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
“AWESOME Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

What a fun, fun way to see the island and Ritchie was THE BEST! This was my 2nd visit to St. Croix and a friend I was traveling with wanted to do this tour. I was reluctant at first but so glad I went. The views were breath taking, the tidal pools were fabulous and Ritchie was so informative about the island, telling us stories that made us love it even more. We at mangoes and other fruits fresh off the trees, we visited an old Sugar Mill and, of course, we had to visit Domenic's for a few fresh mango daquiris. I highly recommend taking this tour!

Visited June 2012