“remember this is NOT VEGAS” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 59 Attractions in St. Croix
Hartford, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
“remember this is NOT VEGAS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

by US casino standards this was small (I have seen smaller on other islands, cruise ships and countries) it had a spattering of locals playing some of the machines and a few tables were open.
What I liked about it most it was clean & smoke free. we were greeted politely at the door by a security person. we wandered around a bit before selecting our games. I liked the one with the polar bears - it was cute. I never plan on going home with any money that I had to bet with. I set a limit & when it's gone it's gone I f I take some home I consider that a win.
The real surprise was the food. Husband had pulled pork that was really good but mine was the biggest surprise of all. I'll start by giving you a visual think of a regular chicken as you would a 1.25 Maine lobster. I order the fried chicken with 2 johnny cakes. She ask leg I said fine. I figures a leg maybe 2 golf ball sized johnny cake. I think the term that best described the lunch would be OMG The johnny cakes were bigger than a hockey puck(size reference not texture reference) & light & crispy sort of like pita but different. The chicken was leg & thigh - fried but not batter coated, super moist & remember the reference to the lobster? I don't know the size of the chicken but would equate it to a 4-5 pound lobster I got 2 meals out of it

Visited September 2013
Fran G, Manager at Casino at the Divi Carina Bay, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for your nice review! We look forward to your next visit -- and we'll keep those chicken and johnny cakes comin!

Pennsylvania
37 attraction reviews
“Nothing fancy here, casino is small.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

There is nothing fancy here, no bells and whistles, and the machines are all pretty old looking. We did not stay on property here, but had rented a beach house just a few minutes up the road, so we went to the casino several times. The first night we were there, we won $4000.00 after just 2 pulls on a slot machine! The casino manager seemed VERY unhappy about it and had no smiles or kind words to offer. He just solemnly paid out the money and disappeared, we never saw him again. We played a bit more, but there isn't much to choose from, so we left. We went back the next night and found a very quiet place, only a few people there, same as the night before. The servers were all wonderful, each time we were there, but the management didn't seem to carry the same attitude. We saw someone winning big on the roulette table, several thousand dollars per hand, and later learned he was a casino employee...that put a sour taste in our mouth, was it a bait? Showing him winning to get others playing? Didn't sit well with us.

We also ate at East End Pizza at the casino. It was very good, the staff was very friendly and cheerful. The food was good, the drinks were good, the atmosphere was great.

Escondido, California
48 attraction reviews
“Eh. It's Not My Favorite, But if You Want to Gamble, Maybe...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is a really small casino. They have a little bit of everything, though, which is nice. Of course, even though they had poker tables none were going. I played some slots and sat my butt at the closest machines to the bar and after 30 minutes, NO DRINKS. I got tired of that. I saw my mom head over to the drink servers who were standing around near the bar and ask if they could come out and give them service and I saw them do that about 10-15 minutes later. I wandered around a bit. Had to cash in my ticket and the only ticket machine in the place said insufficient funds so after trying it, I had to walk to the cage to cash out. Kind of a pain in the butt. They should just say that the machine is out of order so we don't waste our time.

I checked out the table games, but none of them had a card saying what the minimum bet was. Sort of annoying. The best part was when we went to the bar to get a drink, we found that we could just sit and play quarter video poker and keep the free drinks rolling. YEA! That was definitely the highlight. Well, no, the highlight was my dad winning $600. That part was awesome.

We were starving and planned to eat there, but all they have is a little cafeteria which just didn't look inviting or appetizing. Another bummer.

There were some positives and some negatives. It's small and personally, I can only spend a little time in a casino like that with not much else to do, thus the 2 stars. BUT, if you are into playing slot machines or gambling in general, you might love it and it's the only actual CASINO in the virgin islands, although there is gaming all over.

Visited May 2013
3 attraction reviews
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was average but we gotr thrown out becaudse the dealer made a mistake and we complaIned eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edenton, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Island fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Not Vegus ...but a lot of fun for a tiny island. Clean,smokefree environment. Local band with about 10 local men with the lead playing the flute,some interesting homemade instruments.worth a visit for the entertainment.has both tables and video although limited in number.

Visited December 2012