“Disappointed/Free Drinks only if you gamble at the bar” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 59 Attractions in St. Croix
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
“Disappointed/Free Drinks only if you gamble at the bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We went to the casino on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, however Tropical Storm Maria was "threatening" so there was almost no one at the casino. The casino was mostly slot machines and the few people that were there, were playing them. The place looked packed on Friday night and like a fun place to be. However, it was dead the next afternoon. My husband wanted to play craps but no one else was playing so we went to the bar. We each ordered a drink, my husband played a video poker game at the bar and I drank and watched. The bartender said that since he was gambling he got free drinks and that I had to pay since I was not playing. Ok, not what I am used to from bigger establishments but whatever. I paid for my drink and we asked the bartender if we could take our glasses into the slots area. He said yes, as long as we brought back our glasses. We played a few slots, then went to the bar for a refill. Imagine our suprise when the bartender made both drinks up, then asked for us to pay for them. The bartender never told us that the only way to get free drinks was to play video poker at the bar! Every time I have been to the casino, as long as you are playing any game, you got free drinks. And when I didn't play at other casinos and my companion did, I still got free drinks. We way over tipped him despite him not being clear that you had to play at the bar for free drinks. I had won a few bucks but ended up breaking even because of buying my drinks. Can't decide between terrible or poor rating.

Visited September 2011

Des Allemands, Louisiana
“It's the Caribbean and this casino is perfect for the Caribbean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

The casino is a great spot for getting out of the sun or hanging out in the evening and having a different kind of fun on the island. The cafe in the casino has a good variety of good food. No, it's not Vegas....Vegas is in Vegas. This is the perfect island resort casino experience.

Virgin Islands
“Staff is very prejiduce”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

I live on St Croix and had visitors from the states. We went to the casino only to experience very loud and rude white men swearing at the top of their lungs. These people were not talked to nor told to shut their swearing up. We on the other hand were told to get off the tables because we were too loud (maybe we were having fun?). The staff should be retrained to be a bit nicer and maybe smile once in a while.

Denver, CO
“Not Vegas, but that wasn't what we were looking for anyway!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

This is a very small Casino. They have craps, roulette, cards, and slots. I had a great time killing time waiting for the Divi Resort BBQ to start. I won $600 from my little $15! Woo-hoo!

We are used to small casino's, we are from Colorado and have small ones here, still this one is much smaller. We wil go back when we visit St. Croix again.

Wash dc
“Very good for a 3 Star Rating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2008

The Divi Carina Resort was quite pleasant. I visited St Croix for the first time celebrating my 47th birthday. For a 3 Star rating it had enough for me. The hotel restaurant had several selections,some pricey , however meals ranged from $8-$35($35 for lamb or the 16 oz Sirloin),breakfast was sufficient as well(bacon,sausage links, pancakes etc). The pool was great and the beach was very relaxing.The BEST was the Casino. It was smaller than average but we were not expecting Las vegas.The slots were paying and the crowd of mainly locals were very nice. Blackjack,Poker,.Craps,and the rest were great. The staff was fine and helpful but dont expect the Red Carpet treatment. If you want peace and quite, this is it.