“Good home cooking, no long wait or rude staff for me!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 109 Restaurants in St. Croix
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Colorado
“Good home cooking, no long wait or rude staff for me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just got done having a really nice late lunch at BWT. Arrived about 2 and were seated immediately. There were about 20 other people there, one was a group of about 8. We were 3 and having read the reviews about time to wait on food, etc I told my party of 4 to expect a long lunch. We were all fine with that.

Server came within 3-5 minutes after having seated us. She told us the specials and made a few suggestions since we were first timers. We ordered beers figuring that by the time we sipped our way thru a bottle we would get to place our order. After delivering our drinks our server was back in a minute to take our order. She was very friendly and very helpful in making suggestions for one of the seniors in our group.

I ordered the fried chicken, others in the party ordered the open faced prime rib sandwich and wood fired pizzas.

The tables around us were getting their food served in what seemed to be a timely manner. Food coming out looked good and we anticipated ours figuring we still had a wait. Halfway thru our beers our order arrived. That's right, a whole whopping 20 minutes from the time we sat down to receiving our order...and that was only the beginning.

The aforementioned open faced prime rib sandwich was a huge one and a half inch thick slab of quality prime beef on top of a piece of crusty sourdough bread topped with sautéed onions and mushrooms. It was at least 18oz if not more. My husband was a happy camper and acted like he had found the holy grail of sandwiches.... I had a bite and it was juicy, tender and flavorful. Can I compare it to a 5 star steakhouse? Of course not, but I certainly never thought I'd get the quality we did at an outdoor cafe either. It was very good and let's just say that we will be having leftovers. My husband would've tried to wolf down the whole thing had he not have come up for air to remember we were getting milkshakes.

I ordered the fried chicken. I love fried chicken and have had it all over the place with the southern fried style my favorite. So I figured I'd be happy if I could add salt, pepper and hot sauce to mine.
Not necessary. It was hot, juicy, crunchy, delicately flaky on the outside and steamy hot on the inside. I had a wing, thigh and breast. It came with macaroni and cheese, baked beans and a biscuit. I was looking forward to the Mac n cheese side dish since I can ever get enough of it. Sadly it wasn't that great and I left most of it. But the baked beans were awesome, and I'm not a fan of baked beans. The biscuit tasted like it was sitting for a while but I could tell if it were fresh it had potential.

The other people got pizza. It was a crunchy thin crust with a nice olive oil and basil sauce. When we eat it later for leftovers I will be able to comment on it as I only had a taste but what I tasted was good.

We got double thick shakes to go. We were staying literally across the road from it so figured it would make it home fine. I got a coconut shake and the others had vanilla bean and blueberry cobbler. Those did take about 10 minutes to get to us as our server mentioned they only had one milkshake machine. Lets just say that only a half coconut shake out of all 3 made it home because after 'tasting' them the others couldn't put them down. Mine only made it cuz I was paying and had to put mine down.

The total for all of the above was $73 before tip. Good food, huge portions and a nice atmosphere. Not sure what everybody was complaining about but wished I had ignored it earlier and took advantage of the restaurant early on in our stay. Just proves that you should make your own judgment and not rely on other people's opinions as they are not you and only you know what you like I'm the end. We leave in 3 days and plan on hitting it before we go.

• Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
“Heavenly Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Blue Water Terrace is a very unique experience on the island. It is a restaurant, deli and grocery all in one place. The portions are insane, food luscious and Laurie's fried chicken is the best you will ever eat. This is one experience you will not want to miss. The service can be a little slow at times but it is worth the wait!!

• Visited March 2013
Middletown, DE
“Come hungry, portions are huge!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Four of us went for lunch -- 2 had eaten here before, 2 had not. Restaurant was serving both breakfast and lunch at the time we arrived. We all chose lunch -- though we saw several tasty looking breakfasts being delivered. There was plenty of variety on the menu -- should be able to please anybody. I had a hard time choosing. Portions were HUGE. More importantly, everything was tasty. I had the "daily" lasagne choice with a side salad and garlic. My husband had the rare roast beef sandwich with brie and a side of coleslaw. Side of truffle oil fries. Price was very reasonable -- considering it was easily 2 meals. We were visiting for a long weekend, but if we lived here we'd certainly go back. It appeared that many locals frequent the place. Oh, and if you have a sweet tooth, there are a variety of yummy looking desserts to choose from (appear to all be home made on the premises).

• Visited April 2013
Wisconsin
“East End Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Newer restaurant on St. Croix. Has restaurant and deli. Open terrace dining. Good food. (try the awesome desserts). Worth the drive.

Visited March 2013
Boston
“Terrace with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

First time visiting this restaurant with a friend who lived on the island but had never been. Great terrace with views of Buck Island. The breezes were just right. We ordered off the menu and I had ravioli with seafood in a sherry tomato sauce that was delightful. My husband had the ribeye steak and said it was perfect and my friend had Duck with a cherry sauce. It was a large portion and enough to take half home. All in all the meal was great. They haves deli and fresh baked desserts so we got a peanut butter chocolate bar to go. Very tasty. Definitely a place to return to. They do have diverse pizzas on the menu so you can satisfy kids.

Visited April 2013