“Food is great! Huge menu!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 125 Restaurants in St. Croix
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Christiansted, St. Croix
“Food is great! Huge menu!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is great for brunch or a quick sandwich to go! Its to bad I'm not east any longer. Don't make it by to often working out west!!

Visited April 2012

Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
“Great Food and Lots of It.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This place knows how to feed you! Generally speaking, a focus on quantity tends to take away from quality, but that is not the case here. The food was excellent. The service, albeit on island time, was friendly and welcoming, allowing us plenty of time to enjoy a bottle of wine from their excellent selection. Make sure to get dessert, although you probably won't have room for it. We took a giant chocolate eclair home with us to enjoy for breakfast, and enjoy it we did.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Augusta, Georgia
“You better be hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We've eaten at Blue Water Terrace each of the 3 times we've visited St Croix this year. The restaurant is located on the East End Rd, in a quiet neighborhood setting, with views of Buck Island & the sea. There is usually a nice breeze on the terrace and the seating is outdoors.
If it happens to be raining, they roll down the plastic screens on the terrace and you are still able to enjoy a nice meal.

They do take reservations and I was easily able to secure one at 7:30pm last night.
We have never been disappointed while dining at BWT and the last 2 times our server was Tanya. She's very engaging, able to make wine recommendations and willing to go over the lengthy "specials menu" as often as you need to make a decision. Meals take some time to prepare, and she substituted veggies for us. While waiting, they have fresh bread and a dipping oil with balsamic vinegar (yummy!) to snack on.

My husband chose the scampi & ribeye special, which was awesome. My son and I both chose Lori's Thanksgiving dinner special, which was as good as my home made turkey dinner. The portions are always extremely large and we usually have enough left-overs for the following day. Its almost impossible to save enough room to have desert, but we've taken cheesecake and Lori's world famous eclairs home for breakfast the next morning. Four people could easily share one desert.

In terms of the negative comments some reviewers have left about slow service, I really don't think they are justified. The finer restaurants in St Croix seem to book a table for the entire night and are not interested in rushing your dining experience. I have not found the service to be a problem, but then again, have not ordered drinks from the bar. We always order a bottle of wine. Our water glasses are never empty and the servers seem attentive. I have not experienced a "negative laid-back island attitude or anyone with a chip of their shoulder."

Things do move slowly in St Croix and meals are expensive, but I think Lori does an excellent job of using fresh ingredients to make all of her dishes. My sense is that she really cares about her reputation and satisfying the guests expectations.

In addition to the in-house dining, she offers a wonderful deli with meats, cheeses and homemade salads. They also make sub sandwiches to go. Even though it was 9pm, she still filled my deli order for lunch meat and cheeses while we finished up our meal. They brought the grocery bag to the table and added the Market purchases to our bill....now that's great service. Can't go to go back tomorrow to see if she was able to make eclairs today, as she promised she'd do for me.

I highly recommend giving BTW a try!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was here with a large party so the service was slow, hence my low mark. It took an hour before we received our salads. However, with that said, I had the tomato basil fish with jasmine rice which was really good. Also the eclairs & other pastries were good too. If I return to St. Croix I'll definitely revisit the Blue Water Terrace. Again because I was part of a large party I have no idea about the prices.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Southborough, Massachusetts
“great food, nice ambience, terrible service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Good things come to those who wait, or so they say.

You'd best be in a relaxed, island mood because the service here is terrible, way below the quality of the food or the ambience.

I love this place and have been there many times, and I'll go back despite what I'm writing here.

They're all nice people, I'm sure. They just don't know how to wait tables, or communicate with the kitchen. One member of our party asked for a beer four times before it appeared 45 minutes later. One member of our party asked for two breasts instead of the usual four-piece half-chicken. The kitchen figured it out after the food was prepared. The second breast came more than half an hour after the initial plate was served. These are not isolated incidents. The wait staff appears to be completely untrained and ill-equipped to handle the demands of a large, fairly up-scale restaurant.

I've watched a server get a drink from the bar, walk all the way to the far corner of the restaurant to deliver it, and walk all the way back without a single glance at any of their other tables. Multitasking? fuhgettaboutit. People are literally yelling and gesticulating in order to get their server's attention. Drink refill? Good luck with that.

So, as I say, if you want a good meal, this is a great choice, as long as poor service doesn't stress you out. I live in hope that they'll bring the quality of the service up to the level of the ambience and food. If they do, the place will be amazing.

• Visited June 2012