“Great people, great time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 65 Attractions in St. Croix
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Sports
Activities: Horseback riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Austin, TX
3 attraction reviews
“Great people, great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had the great fortune of meeting Paul and Jill for their horse riding tour. Both were some of the friendliest people we met on the whole island. They greeted use warmly and gave us a super-through overview of the horses we’d be riding. My family and I have done 4-5 horse riding tours in different countries (we're all novices) and Paul and Jill‘s horses are easily the most mild-mannered trail horses we’ve ever been on. We enjoyed every bit of the time, not only on the trail ride, but also in their company. Speaking of the ride, my whole family loved the stuffed monkeys on the trail. Oh and as a bonus, we got handfuls of fresh mangos at the end.

Waldorf
3 attraction reviews
“Boyfriend first ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I are at different levels of experience. He a novice and I very experienced. They were able to accommodate us both. He rode Mr McGregor and I had Fritz. The trial was amazing and the beach spectacular. They clearly love and care for all of their animals. The dogs are so sweet and follow the horses on the trial. Great service and I would go back if we go back to St Croix

14 attraction reviews
“Love the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

What I enjoyed about this event was that we traveled north of Frederiksted and stopped at the beach at Rhythms. The beach is beautiful in this region! You travel off the beaten path to Paul and jill's. They are a very nice, energetic couple with great, easy going trail horses. The property has been in Jill's family since the acquisition by the US.
We rode around trails that circled old ruins and out to the beach.

Jill accommodated our party by snapping photos. She was mindful of the beginners on the tour and matched them perfectly with their horses. Overall, we walked on the trails and trotted for a few brief seconds to go up an incline. Then, we cantered for a brief time on the way back to the house.
We initially inquired about riding with Equus, but it was closed for part of the summer season. Also, we were instructed to check whether the stable we chose had insurance, as it was rumored that an accident happened with the Equus stable and a tourist was injured. Apparently, Equus did not have insurance.

Denton, Texas
“Awesome Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our recent ride with Jill and Paul was fantastic! We had a great ride through the jungle and took awesome pictures on the beach. The horses were great and well behaved. We also got a chance to trot and even a short canter. Jill is very knowledgable about the island and the culture of St. Croix. I would definitely come back.

L.L.

Dothan, Alabama
“A day my family will never forget!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I first rode with Jill seventeen years ago with my boyfriend. Yesterday I rode with my husband (same guy) and our 2 children that are 11 and 13. I am an experienced rider and my husband and kids, not so much. They were paired with horses that were PERFECT for their personalities. Within 2 minutes of riding, they were in love with our adventure. Looking at my children's faces as we were riding along the beach was priceless. Jill made pictures so we can cherish these memories forever. We come to St. Croix at least once a year and we have done/seen all there is to see. This ride will always be in my top 2 things to do and see. The first...experiencing a sunset of course! The greatest thing about the ride was getting lost in time. For that 2 hours, I forgot I was 54....I felt like I was a teenager again. It charged my soul and made me remember some wonderful times growing up and riding. At the same time, it made me a very proud mom to see that my children inherited the same love of horses that I have. I promise you one thing, I will not come to St. Croix again and not ride with Jill!!! Trust me......you will be creating a lifetime memory for your family!

Visited June 2014