“Extremely Disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Horseback riding
More attraction details
Owner description: Take a guided horseback ride through the rain forest, past Danish ruins, along beautiful white sand beach with palm trees and spectacular vibrant blues of the sea, while discovering a wide palette of tropical sights and sounds from kapok trees, tarzan vines and wild bromilliads to gigantic termite nests and tame honey bee hives.
Berkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Extremely Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

While in St Croix, the only thing my niece wanted to do was go horse back riding. There are two places to choose from: Paul and Jills, or Equus. We decided to go with Paul & Jill's because of the reviews. We called to set up a time to go, and Jill answered. Boy was she peeved that we ere bothering her!!!!!!She told us how inconvenient it was that we wanted to ride and then we lost the call. When we called back to ask about a different day, Paul answered. When we said we had just called and relayed the conversation, he started yelling at Jill about not passing up the business. She got on the phone and went on and on about she had to buy dog food and run errands, but if she didn't accept our business her husband would be really mad and not give her the money she needed to run her errands, so even though it was inconvenient she would schedule our ride. We told her we had changed our minds and hung up. She actually called us back and started begging us to come and ride or she would get yelled at by her husband for losing he income!!!!! Seriously?!??!?!?!

We ended up calling Equus and scheduling our ride and it was FANTASTIC. The ladies who led it were great, the customer skills were awesome and I would recommend Equus over Paul & Jill's emphatically. I work in customer service, and I know bad service - it is Paul & Jill's!!!

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“"Great tour ever"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Jill, I am so happy I did the horse tour with you, it was so great..I love the view of everything, the scenery of the beach was breath taking..I can't wait to do it again.

Salt Lake City, Utah
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great day for me and the girls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I took my 3 and 7 year old grand daughters to Paul and Jill's stables while visiting St. Croix. paul and Jill were excellent hosts. We saddled up and headed out to the rainforest and beach for our ride. The 7 year old had her own horse, on a rope behind Jill and the 3 year old rode in front of me. Throughout the trip, Jill pointed out plants, animals and shared interesting tidbits of information about the area and St. Croix. We paused for pictures on the beach. Upon our return, they sent us off with a bag of fresh mangoes and star fruit from their trees. Great day!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of St. Croix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Jill lead an awesome tour for us. The pictures we got were amazing. The history of the island and scenic views added everything you could possibly want to my first riding experience and first visit to St. Croix. Stunning!

Ocala, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Ride!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We booked a ride for three - 2 younger, 1 older; only one of us had ridden much prior. It didn't matter - Jill had horses to suit each of us. She takes the time to talk to each person and find out what you are comfortable doing. The ride was WONDERFUL - a great way to see and learn about the island. Having been born and raised on St. Croix, Jill knows the island as well as she knows horses. It was a great ride and a highlight of our vacation - Thanks, Jill!

Visited June 2013