“St.Croix's Best Kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in St. Croix
Chester, Virginia
“St.Croix's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This Resort takes my breath away everytime my family and I stay here. I was born and raised on St. Croix and could have stayed with relatives, but instead chose to stay at this secret hide-away Resort. My family love this place and plan to stay here everytime we visit St.Croix. The rooms are modern and cozy. The Resort grounds nestle in a botanical garden with greenery all around. The food was delish. The private beach is a few steps away from our room. The best spot for me was relaxing on the beach and listening to the waves. One word comes to mind about this Resort, "Paradise". I can't finish without compliments to the entire staff for their pleasantry, friendlyness and helpfulness throughout our entire stay. Keep up the excellent work.

Room Tip: All rooms have a cozy screen patio. Get a room with a view of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am very familiar with this property as I've frequented it several times for either brunch or dinner (both delicious) but never actually stayed on the property. I fell in love all over again! I had an ocean view room and simply LOVED waking up every morning to the beautiful Caribbean Sea staring back at me. The rooms are very spacious and I love the shower (who needs a tub?). All rooms have an attached screen-in porch to sit and relax. Everything and everyone at Carambola focuses on relaxation. I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are worth it!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is located at beautiful Cane Bay.
It sits at the edge of a rain forest and soft sand beach.
When we were there there were gentle waves lapping the shore line.
One afternoon we spent at least two hours floating in the clear warm waters, it was so relaxing.
The staff at the hotel were warm and friendly and very helpful with any questions.
The room was spacious and clean wiyh a nice view of the ocean.
The a/c unit was a bit undersized for the room but after the first evening it caught up.
Our unit had a refridgerator,microwave,and stove top. limited pots and pans. Set the fridge low when you check in to keep your beer nice and cold..
The room was nice and quiet and made for a great place to sleep after a long day of scuba diving and vacation activities.
The Restaraunt served a variety of food and good drinks.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front or beach front
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Apple Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I planned on a long restful trip mixed with scuba diving. One of the criteria of our trip was to complete our advanced scuba training at a resort that had a dive center on site. After looking at reviews I knew this would work. What i didn't count on was how amazing the dive center was and how ultra professional the PADI dive center was. Greg and Mel are the amazing Sweet Bottom Dive Center and they are die hard divers. They are really into sharing their love of diving and sharing their love of the seas and all the amazing creatures down there. They LIVE it. So we continued our training up to master diver. It made sense. We had practically one on one training in the most amazing water you can ask for with awesome instruction from Greg. (no slacking here) Plus every training dive ended with a pleasure tour. Rescue diver kicked my butt and i had doubts that i could pass it, but the gods gave me flat water that day and I made it. We didn't just do the training exercises and surface - We used the air in our tanks up! No rushing - they really catered to us on our vacation. I think we did 26 dives in 11 days! WOO HOO. If you are even thinking of diving or learning to do it. This is the place! All beach dives, which is different from boat but so much more fun and easy. Although we were doing the advanced stuff they really cater well also to the new diver and making it a fun and no-stress experience. SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY.
The resort is amazing too. Food was great and reasonably priced. But we aren't real foodies, we had a kitchenette so we ate light. OK, except for when we did room service- that was great. Lobster cake appetizer, chicken jerk (I think it was an entire half chicken) yummy and a breakfast of lobster benedict were great treats. Morning coffee on the screened in porch listening to the waves so peaceful. We were lucky to see turtle tracks on the sand one morning! And we were also sooo sooo lucky to see/ help a batch of confused little sea turtles (100 or so) making their way to the pool area and turing them back to the sea after a night dive right on the property!!!
The feeling of the place is casual yet has a beachy elegance of times gone by, You really are on the edge of a tropical rainforest and the sea.

Room Tip: We used points, but even so it was pricing under 200 per night and that would still be high value. S...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy W, Director of Sales at Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello and thank you so much for the wonderful feedback on your visit. WE really appreciate you taking the time to detail everything you did and loved about the resort. I am forwarding your review to Mel and Greg at Sweetbottom to let them know how much you enjoyed the shore dives. I'm sure assisting baby sea turtles make their way back into the sea is a highlight to talk about for many years.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back!
Warm regards,
Nancy Williams
Director of Sales
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed here last month for three days and was overwhelmed at the beauty and peaceful of this resort. This is a very laid back property and if you are looking for peace and quiet this is the perfect place. The accommodation's were excellent with a spacious suite and bathroom. The grounds are meticulously maintained and tranquil. My best advise is to grab a cab at the airport because this resort is somewhat remote and a car is the easiest and least expensive way to get around. There is a mini kitchen in the room and a full sized refrigerator so stop by the grocery and grab some goodies and rum and chill out in this beautiful resort. The Pirate Buffett on Friday night was a lot of fun and worth the expense. This hotel is run by a top notch staff and I would not hesitate to stay here again. In fact, I am already thinking about my return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy W, Director of Sales at Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello,
I'm so happy that you took the time to post the review. We really appreciate it! Its so nice to hear that you had such a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Warm regards,
Nancy Williams
Director of Sales & Marketing
Westchester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed three nights/four days at the Renaissance Carambola and we would not hesitate to return. The atmosphere was peaceful, relaxing, beautiful, comfortable...I can go on and on. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was so welcoming and helpful. We were taken to our room which was wonderful with amazing ocean views. The layout of the room was spacious, with a kitchenette, large vanity/sink area, separate toilet/shower, large walk in closet with plenty of storage. There was a sitting area with tv (which we never turned on), large comfortable bedding with another flat screen (again, we disconnected from the world!) and the best part, a screened in porch, overlooking the ocean with two built in lounges to just enjoy the sound of the surf. The grounds were beautiful, and the beach was amazing. We ate breakfast daily, and enjoyed several lunches and dinners on site. The food was good, the bar area was very enjoyable. The beach had plenty of lounge chairs, and covered areas, as did the pool, which had a good layout so as to not feel like a community swimming pool. This resort is well maintained, and has just a wonderful, peaceful ambiance. The staff was fantastic, and can't say enough about the front desk who really went above and beyond to assist us (James and Pearl were wonderful helping us!). The location between the beach and the rain forrest did invite some interesting wildlife, there was a gecko or two in our room, but nature is going to thrive regardless of man's intentions! Never once did we not feel totally at ease, and relaxed in this beautiful resort. We dove from the beach and really liked the dive staff at Sweet Bottom - Greg and his staff were great. I recommend getting a rental car unless you're planning to not leave the resort, since the cost for the rental car was about the same as a shuttle from the airport, plus there's ample parking, and easy to get to other parts of the island for diving/dining.

Room Tip: If you can swing the extra cost, request ocean front, since the porches provide a wonderful way to e...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I wanted seclusion during my stay at St. Croix with a "postcard" view. I was not disappointed. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The service was excellent. I had no complaints.

If you are looking for a resort that is quiet and peaceful this is the place for you. And The Pirate's buffet on Fridays that displays a taste of the island food is a must.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!