I planned on a long restful trip mixed with scuba diving. One of the criteria of our trip was to complete our advanced scuba training at a resort that had a dive center on site. After looking at reviews I knew this would work. What i didn't count on was how amazing the dive center was and how ultra professional the PADI dive center was. Greg and Mel are the amazing Sweet Bottom Dive Center and they are die hard divers. They are really into sharing their love of diving and sharing their love of the seas and all the amazing creatures down there. They LIVE it. So we continued our training up to master diver. It made sense. We had practically one on one training in the most amazing water you can ask for with awesome instruction from Greg. (no slacking here) Plus every training dive ended with a pleasure tour. Rescue diver kicked my butt and i had doubts that i could pass it, but the gods gave me flat water that day and I made it. We didn't just do the training exercises and surface - We used the air in our tanks up! No rushing - they really catered to us on our vacation. I think we did 26 dives in 11 days! WOO HOO. If you are even thinking of diving or learning to do it. This is the place! All beach dives, which is different from boat but so much more fun and easy. Although we were doing the advanced stuff they really cater well also to the new diver and making it a fun and no-stress experience. SAFETY, SAFETY, SAFETY.
The resort is amazing too. Food was great and reasonably priced. But we aren't real foodies, we had a kitchenette so we ate light. OK, except for when we did room service- that was great. Lobster cake appetizer, chicken jerk (I think it was an entire half chicken) yummy and a breakfast of lobster benedict were great treats. Morning coffee on the screened in porch listening to the waves so peaceful. We were lucky to see turtle tracks on the sand one morning! And we were also sooo sooo lucky to see/ help a batch of confused little sea turtles (100 or so) making their way to the pool area and turing them back to the sea after a night dive right on the property!!!
The feeling of the place is casual yet has a beachy elegance of times gone by, You really are on the edge of a tropical rainforest and the sea.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel St. Croix
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel
- Carambola Beach Hotel
- Carambola Beach Resort
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa U.S. Virgin Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.