I really wanted to give this hotel a 5 star rating, but there were many things that just didn't pan out for us. First, the resort lost power quite a number of times. On one occasion me and my friend were sitting down for breakfast and the power went off. We had ordered but did t receive our food. They offered us muffins or fruits, but for a charge. Not as a courtesy, which I thought was a little rude being that I had already ordered food and sat down for 15 minutes waiting for the power to come back on. And since it hadn't we left, hungry.
Also, talk about taking your sweet time. Literally. They are laid back. Our room had a power shortage and we called the front desk immediately. The mechanic hadn't shown for 45 minutes. We had reservations to attend the buffet dinner. Obviously we ended up showing late since somebody wasn't in a rush to fix the power.
The spa was the reason why we booked this resort, reading previous reviews. We tried booking a manicure and pedicure but were unable to because "that section is under construction" and so we settled with the massages. The morning of, we were called at our room and told that they were unable to do massages because "one therapist was having family issues and the other therapist was leaving". Well then, that just screwed up our whole scheduled day.
And another thing, always get names! We scheduled the shuttle to Christiansted with the front desk and while we waited outside at the time we were scheduled, the shuttle never came. We went to the front desk to find out what happened and they never had our name on the list for pick up. This happened at least 3 times. We were quite infamous on the resort since so many unfortunate events happened to us.
But let's concentrate on the good. The front desk staff is helpful. I mean VERY helpful. The always made sure to rectify every unfortunate situation. Also the rooms are beautiful and comfy, each with a deck where you are able to watch the ocean waves. The food is delicious. Every single thing! And very decently priced. I rather eat at the hotel than anywhere else on the island honestly. The beach on the west side (where there is no sea urchins and least amount of rocks) is so relaxing with smooth sand and warm clear blue water. Their pool was my sanctuary though. I even fell asleep on the lounge chairs a few times. Towels were always provided.
I would recommend this hotel because it truly is a beautiful resort and island. Everyone's experience is different.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort And Spa
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel St. Croix
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel
- Carambola Beach Hotel
- Carambola Beach Resort
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa U.S. Virgin Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.