Third time visiting St Croix and the third time visiting this resort. Over fifteen years ago my wife and I vacationed on St. Croix. Originally, we stayed here when it was a Westin property, I believe. In March of 2012, we took our twentieth anniversary and spent ten days visiting St Martin, Anguilla, and St. Croix. We quickly found out how much we missed this island.
We originally booked at Pelican Cove and spent our first night there. Our first day on the island, after checking in, we headed over to Carambola to have a cocktail there and revisit old memories from 15 years ago. We were stupefied that we didn't make our reservations at this location instead of Pelican Cove. Nothing against that resort but in our opinion, it simply does not compare to Carambola. We checked out the next day and returned to Carambola.
We just got back from St Croix this past November and stayed here again (yes, two times in the last six months- we love this island). The resort is simply one of the prettiest sites one will see on the island- this one or any other I have visited. It really does look like the photos- no photo shop is needed. If you want a full service resort with amazing views, good, friendly service, a beautiful beach that isn't crowded, awesome snorkeling and diving right off the resort, an awesome dive shop and personnel, and 25 minutes from Christiansted and Fredericksted, then stay here.
Rent a jeep and run up along Scenic Road, snorkel off of Davis Bay and Cane Bay (five minutes down the road), hike to Annaly Bay and the tidal pools, grab some awesome pizza at Off the Wall, get a great meal off the resort at Rowdy Joe's and get surprisingly good food at decent prices on the resort. Oh, and the beer is cold and reasonably priced as well (bucket of five Coronas for $15 or a bucket of five Caribs for $12- those are great prices for a resort in my opinion).
This resort doesn't get the hype if deserves in Frommer's and other travel mags as I think it's one of the prettiest resorts I have ever stayed at. Big fan of Carambola.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel St. Croix
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Hotel
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort And Spa
- Carambola Beach Hotel
- Carambola Beach Resort
- Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa U.S. Virgin Islands
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.