“A great day of golf” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 62 Activities in St. Croix
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Activities: Golfing
More attraction details
Owner description: Perhaps the best golf course in the Caribbean, Carambola is a par-72 course with lots of uphill and cross-water shots.
Joplin, Missouri, United States
“A great day of golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

During our week-long vacation, we had many fun-filled activities. We carved out just one day for playing golf at Carambola Golf Club. The manager, David, was very nice and got us right in for an 8:00am tee time. When we arrived, he had our cart loaded with our rental clubs, and with a cooler full of ice! What service! The course was beautiful! My husband and I both shot the best golf we have ever played there. I don't know if it was the beautiful Carribean, or the rental clubs! The TaylorMade Burner 2.0s were AMAZING! So much so that my husband ordered me a set when we got home for an early birthday gift! I just picked them up today, and I hope I will play as well at home with them than I did there. Thank you, David, and all the staff at Carambola for a perfect morning of golf! We will definitely come back next time we are in St. Croix!

Visited June 2013

Dallas, Texas
4 attraction reviews
“NIce course, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was on a cruise and drove up to Carambola and played 18. The only thing odd was that the course was so empty in the off season - but I don't mind 3 hour rounds! Everyone from the guard at the gate to the folks in the pro shop were awesome.

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Hot, Dry and Deserted”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

St Croix is in a drought and it really showed at the Carambola Golf Course. March is usually lush and tropical here but the weather patterns havent been nice to the west "wet" side of the island. It was deserted with only a few players out, it was dry as a bone except for the irrigated greens and it was Hot, Hot, Hot. The views are valley bound with no sign of the wonderful coastline. Wait for better conditions.

Visited March 2013
Highland Village, Texas
103 attraction reviews
“Lunch at the Club”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was hoping to post just for the restuarant but could only find the Golf Club in general. For those who want to know about lunch, the food was good. They did a very nice hamberger with slices of onions grilled. The burger itself was ground chuck and must have been at least a half pound. A person in the party ordered a Ceaser salad and they only charged $3 to add a generous slice of grilled blackend mahi. Prices were reasonable for the island. Also, this is a mid island golf course so no ocean side views etc, but very nice inner island views of the fairways and valley. The friends we were with golfed, and they preferred Carambola over the Buccaneer, but also said the two courses offered different experiences, so both are worth golfing. Hope this helps.

Visited January 2013
St. Croix
12 attraction reviews
“A beautiful and challenging Robert Trent Jones Course on St. Croix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This lush, green, immaculately maintained Robert Trent Jones designed course offers 18 holes which will challenge the most discriminating golfer. A non-golfer companionin the golf cart should bring binoculars for bird-watching, as the ponds on the golf course are spectacularly beautiful and are home to pelicans, egrets, and various species of herons, ducks and moor hens. There is a club house with friendly bartender, as well as a pro shop and driving range. Highly recommended for the avid golfer.

Visited December 2012