“Best resort we've ever stayed at!” 5 of 5 stars

4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Grace Bay Road, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
rochester, ny
“Best resort we've ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

My family and I (which consisted of my parents, my husband, my two boys ages 3 and 4 and myself) just returned from the most beautiful resort ever. The Seven Stars in Provo, Turks and Caicos was awesome!... and it actually was EXACTLY as the pictures looked on its website! Everything is brand new and well taken care of. We had gotten married 6 yrs ago at the Beaches Resort and decided to come back with the kids. Why didnt we stay at Beaches you may be thinking? I'm happy to tell you! For those of you that havent been there before, 6 yrs ago there was almost no hotels( unlike now where there are a ton!), resorts etc. except Beaches and club med I think - anyways we loved it, it was quiet, sand was like brown sugar and great weather. When I went to book us back at Beaches i was very unimpressed at the customer services and the ridiculous pricing that was given to me. Dont get me wrong - Turks and Caicos is a very expensive place to visit and stay in general, but the Beaches was all inclusive which we really weren't going to get our moneys worth out of this time ( ie. they were fgoing to charge 100 bucks a day per kid for food - since my kids would rather have a pB and J i started to look elsewhere) I used a website travel agent called myturksandcaicos.com which was an awesome website as well. Seven stars has beautiful granite kitchens with literally everything you could want down to an expresso machine! AND a brand new grocery store opened across the street that wwe went to everyday and cooked our meals which saved alot of money too. The resort was quiet but still ok for my two "energetic" boys who swam in the huge HEATED salt water pool (not salty enough to hurt your eyes though - awesome that there was no chlorine). The service at the pool, maid service, activity service (steve flowers and his wife niki are great - they organize scuba etc.) Again the place was clean, quiet, beautiful and had everything you could need. We stayed in a 2000sq ft room with 21/2 baths, kitchen, 3 flat screens, balcony - even has a door bell! The free continental breakfast was very good too - cereal, pastries, juice, coffee, fruit. Otherwise like i said we ate in our room. The staff were very nice and pleasant - the concierge was the only area that did not impress me, which I had read in a reviews before we went and I agree. They would take forever to get something done for you and you had to bug them a couple times - but otherwise no complaints. Very safe feeling too. Oh, and buy the way - we walked to the Beaches Resort and that place has turned into a mad house! overcrowded and loud and busy - i would never stay there again! If you scuba - use dive provo and go to french cay, that was great too - but dont go if youre afraid to see a shark!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

This was our second trip to Turks - previously we had stayed at The Sands. We got a great deal with the Couples Escape package, so we decided to try the Seven Stars. The location of the Seven Stars was definitely better (close to the Saltmills plaza and the Graceway IGA - which is like Whole Foods), though I slightly prefer the beach by The Sands because the water is calmer. The room felt very luxurious with lots of marble - we had a very spacious one bedroom studio, which was equipped with a kitchen (fully stocked, including All-Clad pans and a Nespresso machine!), had a balcony. The view of the beach from the bathroom was almost as impressive as from the balcony. The grounds were great - we enjoyed the heated saltwater pool, and The Deck, which is a bar that's great for watching the sunset. We also played tennis - the courts were rarely occupied and there are no court fees. The massage included in the package was great - the spa facilities are very small and limited, but pleasant. We could easily walk to Yoshi's (sushi) or Caicos Cafe for dinner, or Island Scoop for an afternoon ice cream (less than 5 min away). While all of the staff was very friendly and was very earnest, there is some room for improvement - nothing huge (dinner reservation hadn't been made, shuttle can be delayed - though it's free) - we saw a new group being trained, so we have no doubt that the resort is taking service seriously. We would definitely return!

new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2010

We booked an oceanfront room which was very spacious.
The room was "oceanfront"(not just a partial view) beautiful terrace with table and chairs and one lounge chair. Photos are exactly what you see. Furniture, linens, accessories, high quality. Bathroom was also top drawer, plenty of counter space, large tub, beautiful tiled shower with seat, bidet. Great little kitchen area with expresso maker, coffeemaker, stovetop, micro, fridge and sink. Great white china too. Wonderful closet with additional drawers and a safe.

Pool and beach are wonderful. Comfortable lounges, and the tented beds by the beach are so comfy. Beach is beautiful and clean. The attendants actually rake and dig a hole to bury the seaweed!

Staff is friendly and attentive. They do come around and ask if you want a drink, unlike some reviewers comment of no service. The manager was very personable and we met one of the owners of the resort and he was also congenial.

Spa is very calming and professional.

The only disappointment would be the restaurant - Appetizer was good, but I ordered a filet and lobster tail, my husband ordered tuna, medium rare. All of it was very overcooked. It is obvious that the kitchen is not in back of the restaurant, waiters carry the food on trays, plates covered (cooks the meals more) into the restaurant. The restaurant is very small, maybe 8 tables. Expensive.

There are lots of restaurants within walking distance. As well as a great gourmet market.

The only downside of our vacation was the weather. Low 70s with a heavy wind. Made beachsitting very uncomfortable and in the 60s at night (they had beachside entertainment and it was too cold to go down - listened from our balcony. Not at all what I expected for the Caribbean. Waiter did say he had been in the islands for 10 years and never seen such cold weather.

Would absolutely go back to Seven Stars, perhaps the nicest hotel on the island. We walked the beach to see others and were not impressed with them.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We had a wonderfully relaxing experience in a beautiful breathtaking tropical paradise. The ocean views from our room were a sight to behold with the colors only imagined previously. The service was the absolutely most attentive and friendly that we have ever experienced, from the front desk to the houskeeping staff. Our names and preferences were remembered from the first day. There were many staff members who made our trip a memorable one from Niki the activities manager who brought a book from home and lent it to us, to the staff at the outdoor cafe and pool area. Calvin with his quick smile and wish to please, Don Rasmussen with his quiet and always friendly, smiling demeanor, Kirkwood who was especially attentive to our coffee "habit" in the evenings, to Kevin at the cafe who made sure we were always taken care of and to Steve the manager who always made it a point to stop and make sure we were "ok", and several others whose name we didn't get but were always friendly, helpful and smiling. We can't wait to return for a next visit. Thank you for making our trip a memorable one. Karen and Carry

New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

My wife and I returned from our 1 week stay at the Seven Stars Resort. We booked a nice Premiere Ocean Front Room on Expedia which was larger than most people's condo's in NYC. The room was very nice, with a slick modern kitchen, nice living are, huge balcony, and large master bath. The property was very clean, nicely maintained, and very modern. The pool area was nice and never felt crowded. The beach on Grace Bay was beautiful and is the best part of Turks and Caicos. The property is located close to the supermarket and restaurants.

We enjoyed our stay but would not recommend the property due to it poor service and value for the price that the rooms cost. The hotel is priced to be a Four Season, Ritz Carlton, or other high end name and has a property to match. It falls short on the service, staff, and amenities that people that pay this kind of money expect.

The main issue with the rooms are the property was created for the "hotel condo" type of resort. This means that the rooms vary in size based on doors that are locked to create different sized rooms. These doors allow noise to travel from one person's room to another. While I was cooking breakfast in the kitchen, I could hear people in another room with a connecting room off the dinning area in our room. They must not have been happen with my moving of pots and washing of dishes.

The issue with the service is the main hotel staff is slow and they seem very disinterested in addressing any concerns. Many times the concierge never called us back and the front desk seem troubled by simple requests. Thankfully the restaurant staff and bartenders are responsive and nice.

There are very limited and pricey choices for food on the "resort". There is really just one restaurant for lunch and one for dinner. Both are very expensive and a terrible value. Our main concern was the price of drinks. We were regularly ringing up $75 alcohol tabs after consuming 3 beverages each. It did not stop us, but annoyed us.

The bottom line is this "resort" seems more focused on selling condos on the property than managing a true hotel that provides top notch service to match the top price people are paying to stay there. That is a big problem in my eyes, therefore I will tell all my friends to avoid the property. My guess is this property will be a full residence property rather than a resort in the next 12-18 months.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

My wife wanted a change from the all inclusive 7 day vacation at the 500 suite resort in the sun. I myself am not fond of getting up early to get a spot around the pool or line up like cattle for meals, and agreed somewhere smaller and quieter would be a nice change. A friend of ours recommended one of the older popular Condominium hotel resorts at Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos, and I preceded to book a garden view room for 775.00 us per night. I then booked my flights via West jet direct to the hotel. ( 15 min. cab ride 13.00 U.S per person) The next day the hotel had sent me an email claiming that they could not confirm our booking but they had a hotel junior suite for $995.00. I took a pass and went online to read the reviews of the hotels in Turks. I found this 2 year old property built by an Italian industrialist, Seven Star resorts on Grace Bay with just over 100 suites, 70 percent of them are owned privately. The accommodations are stunning, equivalent to your luxury homes and condominiums at home. The Bathrooms were huge and luxurious, all of this overlooking the ocean with a walkout to a patio on the ocean front with at 450,00 U.S per night. They threw in dinner for two on the patio in their restaurant (Excellent) Continental breakfast daily, which is muffins, fruit, coffees and juices at the poolside restaurant, you could also order a la cart from a full menu if you wish to pay for it. Then they put in a message for two at their spa at a value of 120.00 each, my wife took both of them back to back and she loved it. The Staff are excellent, they serve you water and ice tea constantly at the pool (saltwater) and on the beach. The white sand beach, Wow. I have been to the Caribbean at least 10 times and this was the nicest cleanest safest spot. The Hotel is located perfectly, walking distance to great restaurants shopping and this great gourmet grocery store a block away. I can go on and on with all the perks wi-fi around the pool, Ethernet in the rooms, Extra towels, extra sheets, robs, fully equipped kitchenette. Both my wife and myself agreed that for the money, it was the best all around placed to stay in the Caribbean and would defiantly recommend it to our friends and return on our next trip with are kids.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We just got back from a 5-nite stay at 7 Stars. I traveled with my husband and two kids (16 & 10 yrs old). We stayed in a 2-bedroom oceanview suite. We booked directly thru the hotel, Yngrit was the onsite reservations manager and she was great! We were trying to figure out our options (1-room, 2-rooms, suite?) and Yngrit was kind enough to offer us the full suite and she discounted the nightly rate by $300/nite! We were NOT disappointed. We travel alot, and I choose Ritz Carltons & Four Seasons whenever I can (I am picky!) but this place made me think I was at a Four Seasons! The room was spectacular:. 2,300 sq. feet, high ceilings, crown mouldings, solid wood doors, en-suite marble & limestone baths with oversized shower & separate whirlpool. Gorgeous kitchen with GE Monogram appliances and a wine fridge! I felt as if I was staying at a rich friends beach house! And the private terrace - it was HUGE! (probably 1,000 sq. feet with lots of furniture to sit on.

Continental breakfast is included in the rate. (Continental does NOT mean "massive breakfast buffet!) It usually means juice, toast & coffee. 7 Stars offered several cereals, several flavors of Yoplait yogurt, fresh fruit juices (pineapple, orange, grapefruit), good coffee, and several sweetbread options (banana bread, muffins, etc.) If you want to order eggs or pancakes, you can for around $9.00 additional. They also offer take-out containers if you would like to take breakfast back to your room. The restaurant is at the pool, and they offer lunch as well. The food was very good.

There are lots of covered "cabanas" in front of the beach, which had couches and lounge chairs, and they are distanced enough to offer you privacy. These were really cozy spaces to get some shade and read, or take a nap. They have a cool beachside bar & Lounge - with lots of cushioned wicker furniture (lounge chairs & couches) so it's a great place to relax with a cocktail. Oh - the resort has FREE WI-FI at the Pool!! And it worked!

We had the concierge make us five dinner reservations - and they were confirmed (with a written schedule waiting in our unit at check in). The hotel also offers free shuttle van service to/from any restaurants in the Grace Bay area. This is great - because taxis are very expensive. We found the resort's service to be fabulous when we were there. (Housekeeping did arrive to clean our room late on one day - but it never happened again.)

The hotel has a nice spa, two tennis courts and a great selection of (free!) mountain bikes. My only "complaint" (because I guess I have to have one, in order to be credible) is that I wish the beds had higher thread-count sheets. Considering the quality of the units, I was surprised that the sheets felt sort of "rough". But now I'm just nitpicking!!

7 Stars is great - it's also the best priced Luxury hotel on Grace Bay and the newest!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Been to Seven Stars Resort? Share your experiences!