“Ghost town!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Brampton, Canada
“Ghost town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2009

This hotel was beautiful, had great service and a central location. Unfortunately it was dead. There was about a 10 % occupancy last week, and we heard from staff that it will be closing. The whole island was really hit by the economy. We were there a year ago and had problems getting reservations for dinner. There were 3 couples and us at Anacoana. The weather was rainy, windy and cold...thank God for the casino!

• Liked — The free drives anywhere we wanted to go.
  • Disliked — Too much smothering by the staff...pretty fake.
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

1,175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

We absolutely loved our stay at the Seven Stars. The rooms were very luxurious and comfortable, the location is perfect, the staff was great and very accommodating. The rooms are all condo suites of varying sizes. We stayed in a studio room, but had the benefit of touring several different 1 and 2 bedroom suites that were gorgeous and would be perfect if traveling with a family. The property is well located. The resort provides transportation to anywhere you want to go in Grace Bay, so there is no need to rent a car. They picked us up at the airport and escorted us to the resort. When you arrive you are greeted with aromatic wash cloths to refresh and are treated like royalty with 1:1 personalized service and a tour of the property. Even though there was some confusion with our room type when we arrived we were nicely accomodated and the issue was worked out smoothly. O'Brien was great in getting this resolved and taking care of our needs. Other staff at the Seven Stars really make the stay. They have a great security staff that attends to the property and is professional but friendly, you really feel that someone is watching over you - in a good way - even though there is really no crime to speak of at this location. The spa staff is great and very flexible to work with you to meet your schedule needs. Franklin was one of the desk staff that throughout our stay gave constant guidance, information about the island and made sure any need we might have was met. Ricky was the breakfast waiter at the onsite restaurant. This man was amazing! They should move him into the concierge position! Each day he took the time to find out a bit about us and make suggestions about places we might want to go that day to site see or that evening for dining or evening relaxation. His suggestions were on point every day! We listened to him chatting with other guests and he truly took the time to get to know each guest and make individualized suggestions that seemed to fit each guest perfectly! He was just great and we really owe the fabulous days we had to him and his suggestions. While the accomodations are wonderful it is the staff that really takes this resort over the top! This was a great stay and we would definitely stay here again. Well worth the money!!!

• Liked — Wonderful Staff
  • Disliked — nothing
NJ/NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a 1 week stay at the Seven Stars Resort. We had yet to ever write a review, but enjoyed our stay so much that we felt compelled to document what we hope is a detailed description of our visit. My husband and I are self-described mid-30's snobs that are extremely money conscious; in other words we expect to reap the value of every dollar spent; we work hard for what we have; and vacation so we can enjoy it. Needless to say, Seven Stars surpassed every one of our lofty expectations of a romantic rendezvous to a luxury resort that gave us the perfect amount of near seclusion and privacy yet balanced with an appropriate level of attentiveness and service. We've both travelled throughout the Caribbean and parts of South America since our tweens and had decided on Turks and Caicos as we had never been. We also felt that it might most closely resemble our memorable time in Nevis except with more people and better beaches. We deliberately avoided the resorts that were family oriented as we had left our son behind in the US and really wanted to re-live the honeymoon experience.
So we arrived to be greeted and escorted to a stretch SUV which transported us to the resort. Along the way, our escort, Livingston provided us a brief overview of the island and answered some of our questions. At the hotel, reception was lovely with an open design which lead directly onto the resort grounds. We were greeted with cool fragrant towels and rum punch. Though we arrived with another couple, I was impressed that my husband and I were assigned a personal escort to perform a cursory review of hotel documents and a brief walking tour of the resort before taking us to our room. We stayed in a spacious Gardenview suite which had tasteful contemporary design and impressive attention to detail that frankly aren't standard in many luxury chains, ie self closing drawers, light dimmers, flat screen TVs, Ipod players, L'Occitane brand bath items, travertine tile, espresso maker, bidet. As soon as we had an opportunity to change we went to concierge and met Judnel, who had been waiting to help arrange all of our activities for the week. He was extremely informative and seemed to know everyone on the island. Though my husband and I had been snorkeling for years, given the reviews of the Caicos coral reefs we wanted to take advantage of as much of the water activities as possible. Though neither of us had been deep sea diving before, Judnel managed to coordinate an absolutely memorable snuba activity for us the following day then a scuba course and dive for my husband 1 day later!!!! Snuba is not to be missed; Jodi the owner, is phenomenal and will ensure your utmost satisfaction. She knows the bottom of that ocean like the back of her hand and we saw lovely coral, swam by several sting ray and schools of fish.
My husband's scuba excursion the next day was with Caicos adventure. He truly enjoyed his experience and was comfortable enough to swim amongst sharks on his first dive to 50 feet and then even further to the famed reef wall where he described the whitest sands and the most spectacular colored fish and coral he'd seen in his life !!!!
Judnel also helped us sort through our various tastes for food and need for romance and made recommendations for each of our evenings on the island for dinner. Dinner on the island was nothing short of excellent. In order of preference, we enjoyed Coco Bistro, Anacoana, and Grace's Cottage. We opted to skip Coyaba as it appeared to be the priciest of all restaurants on the island and we'd heard some lukewarm reviews; instead we spent that evening at the casinos playing poker and had regretfully mediocre local selections from Tiki Hut (our only blase food experience on the island). For casual dining, though it is a distance, Da Conch Shak has a precedent reputation which does not disappoint and Calico Jack's has delicious food and, hands-down, the best rum punch my husband and I have had in all of the Carribean; it's apparently a blend of several juices and rums making it quite potent but so worth it. They also have live music on the weekend. Overall evening dining is comparable to the 5 star experience at a high end NYC restaurant. The complimentary continental breakfast included fresh fruit and a bread basket that included seriously authentic French pastries that rivaled my most recent breakfast in Paris, no kidding. When we were not in the mood for the basket we'd order omelettes which were tasty. Stopping by IGA to stock up on a weeks worth of items, drinks and alcohol was worth it, though it cost at least twice as much as it would in the US. Turks and Caicos is definitely expensive, but not unlike other highly frequented islands ; ie Aruba, St Barts
So back to Seven Stars...
Even on Judnel's day off, it seemed that everyone we approached at concierge was equally competent and knowledgeable. Nikia, Krishna, Franklin, Kevin, and countless others simply aimed to please. There was never an employee that did not greet you with a smile; never a hint of disdain, boredom, or bother. The staff was very consistent. Did I mention, when you leave the grounds you are assigned a complimentary chauffeur in a luxury vehicle to AND from your destination provided it is within Grace Bay? What a perk!!! We really felt that our comfort and safety were always in mind.
Nikia scheduled a bone fishing trip our final day with Deep Sea on a private speed boat which took us on a half day trip to Pine Cay. Our guide, Tino was extremely knowledgeable and had us casting and reeling within minutes of our first lesson; we caught 2 grouper; but the excursion of the spectacular waters were truly breathtaking and the most memorable aspects of the trip. We returned to visit the spa where we had an amazing couples massage.
The pool was lovely and is accessible at all hours by guests. The service was excellent in my opinion; I know others complained of lack of attentiveness, however, the staff are simply mindful of your space. While out on the cabanas, my husband and I apart from an interruption to supply us with a towel and complimentary sorbets were never bothered; and believe me if you need them to come by every few minutes to check in on you, they will; simply tell them on your way onto the beach or to your cabana. The tennis courts are also always accessible with complimentary rackets and balls. They even scheduled a partner for my husband when I wasn't in the mood to play! The gym had the standard machines and CyBEX equipment, but a view would have been nice. The beach is pristine and gorgeous, as the cliche goes, words can not describe. Seven stars has its entrance guarded all day and evening by guards that seemed to keep my husband and I out of harms way when we took a secluded midnight walk on the beach.

Finally, on our last evening, our anniversary, upon return from our dinner, we walked into our room to find the floors and bed adorned with fresh flowers, candles in every corner, fresh fruit, and champagne.
On the island it seems the property that comes closest to all of the features Seven Stars had to offer was Grace Bay Club; it has lovely grounds and is one of the older high end resorts on the island. After having visited the resort, though the grounds were rich and well landscaped, I'm not certain how the significantly inflated cost is justified. I will say however, that Grace Bay did offer free non-motorized water sports equipment and bicycles; nice perks that Seven Stars should consider in the future.
Seven Stars clearly has a disciplined, professional and personalized model for customer service. They select outstanding staff and clearly do not take any detail for granted.
Seven Stars made our trip a memorable experience.
We look forward to returning very soon.

• Liked — Service; concierge; complimentary shuttle; spa; clean rooms
  • Disliked — no WI-FI; wish there were cabanas closer to beach; no water sport equipment
fort worth, texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2009

We stayed 5 nights at Seven Stars (1/1-1/6). Call to book because they offered me a 15% discount over their internet rates.
Positives:
- the beach! Beautiful! Words cannot describe! Plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Chairs were nicer than what we saw on the beach at most other resorts.
- the pool: plenty of chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas available. Pool area not noisy or crowded during our stay.
- beautiful property: well-maintained, clean, etc.
- our room: my husband and I stayed in a 1 bedroom studio suite. Plenty of room for the two of us with a HUGE bathroom, comfortable bed, plenty of privacy, no noise. Small kitchen well equipped for cooking light meals.
- friendly staff: all staff members smiled and greeted us when we walked past them. We felt very welcome.
- location: walking distance to ports of call shopping plaza, saltmills shopping plaza, regent shopping plaza. Walking distance to plenty of restaurants. In my opinion, it has the best location of any resort on Grace Bay.
- free transportation: convenient to and from airport shuttle . Also drove us to dinner on several occasions. Does not include service outside of Grace Bay.
- housekeeping: our room was kept very clean. Daily turndown service. L'Occitane bath products.

Negatives:
- no Wifi in the rooms despite it being advertised. They told me it wasn't working but it didn't look like they were doing anything to fix it. It is currently available by the pool only.
- Service- despite being very friendly, service was not attentive and was frankly not good enough, specifically food service. We were ignored at breakfast on two occasions (sat down for complimentary continental breakfast and were not offered coffee until end of meal). We were also ignored at Sanddollar grill and bar during both lunch and happy hour times. Service at La Pergola for dinner was very slow. Gratuity is automatically added to all purchases which I do not like.
- Concierge- was not helpful prior to arrival in planning despite requests for information. Claimed our form submitted online was 'lost'.
- $7 charge for bottled water. Many resorts offer complimentary bottled water. Not so at Seven Stars. Stop at IGA for more reasonable prices. Alcoholic drinks are about 10-12 dollars. Take advantage of 2 for 1 happy hour Tuesday through Saturday at Sanddollar.
- No water sports- Other resorts have hobie cats, kayaks, etc. available to their guests. We had to walk all the way to the end of the beach to rent a hobie cat. Hopefully they will add this in the future.

• Liked — Beautiful beach, wonderful accomodations
  • Disliked — service- friendly but not efficient.
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
redborn1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

From the moment we spoke with Meghann Hussey at the Seven Stars concierge desk My wife and I felt extremely confident in booking our wedding with the resort, and it was important that we felt that way seeing that we were eloping on an island we had never been to before. We arrived in Provo on the 10th of December where we were greeted immediately by a man from Seven Stars, I believe his name was Livingston, who promptly took our bags and took us to our black escalade escort to the resort. The second we pulled up through the guarded gate at the resort ( guarded by a unit of Gurkhas who were extremely cordial and always wore a smile on their faces despite their tough reputation in battle), we felt like royalty. Our bags disappeared as we were immediately taken to a comfy couch in the lobby by two of the staff, Kevin and Jondel( Jondel would later become my witness for my marriage), and given some delicious Rum Punch. Meghann came over and spoke with us briefly and informed us we were to meet with the Pastor in an hour and a half, and Kevin took us to our room on the sixth floor, overlooking beautiful Grace Bay. A bottle of complimentary champagne and plate of mouth watering fresh fruit waited for us. The rooms were amazing, everything new, huge bathroom, absolutely beautiful. After freshening up, we went to the lobby and had a face to face with Pastor Sherlock Padmore, who quickly got us through with our necessary paperwork and made us feel good about our decision to elope in TCI. Meghann and Nikia, another at the concierge desk and My wifes soon to be witness, then took us on a brief tour of the facilities, everything we expected and more, the place is top of the line!! and they also gave us a little overview of where the ceremony would take place on the following Saturday the 13th, and as they left us to enjoy ourselves, our happiness and confidence in our decision grew. That night we had a few cocktails at the pool bar, I believe our bartenders name was Fernan but I cannot remember exactly, before we got a ride in a white escalade, compliments of Seven Stars, to Graces Cottage for dinner, which was fabulous. As we payed the bill, the resuraunt contacted Seven Stars and as we walked out our ride was waiting. The next morning, after a quick workout in the resort gym, all brand new and extremely clean, and a delicious breakfast, I walked 3 minutes away to rent a car a Grace Bay car rentals, only 105$ for a two day car rental with insurance!!, and made a quick stop at the IGA for beer, snacks soda, etc. When I got back me we met with our Photographer from Tropical Imaging, Kellie Hayes, who did an amazing job with our wedding pics. You can see our blog on their website at this link http://blog.tropicalimaging.com/2008/12/18/its-in-the-mail/. We spent the day enjoying the beautiful weather, its so easy to get around Provo, went to Sharkbites for lunch, laid on the beach for hours, hit up happy hour at the pool bar, the Sand Dollar, and that night, drove to Magnolia for a wonderful romantic dinner overlooking Turtle Cove with the stars above. Day 3 we woke early and after an amazing breakfast, did some exploring in the blue hills, stopped in at the northwest point resort for some sun and beach time in the morning, the place was deserted, we didn't get as far as Amanyara though. On our way back, Da Conch Shack for lunch, and Horse Eyed Jacks for a beer, we took an awesome conch shell from the beach there as a souvenir, and had some great pictures taken. Spent some of the afternoon at Seven Stars beach before going to dinner and some drinks at the Grace Bay Club and Anacaona where we ran into some of the Seven Stars staff, who were headed to Shark Bites and kindly invited us to come with them. We politely declined as I had already had too many drinks and we were getting married the next day, but I'm sure it would have been a blast!! The next day was our wedding day, and after a little run on the beach together and breakfast (Our rental car keys were conveniently left at the front desk for pick up courtesy of Grace Bay car rentals), we relaxed on the beach and tried to shake out some pre marriage jitters. We didn't have lunch that day probably due to nerves. Nikia with concierge took our Ipod for the ceremony in the afternoon( we had a playlist made for dinner and the entrance/exit part), and soon after, they gave me my own suite to get ready in so I would not see my wifes dress, very thoughtful of them. Also before I forget, the room was meticulously cleaned twice, once in the morning and once at night, everyday, and I am not sure if they do it for everyone, but we came back to towel swan sculptures and rose petals in heart shapes on our bed most everynight. Anyway, I met up with the Pastor and Kellie the photographer and a bunch of the staff at quarter to 4, got some pics of myself and we got into position for the ceremony. She walked down and we began. It went perfectly, traditional vows with a bit of Island flavor, had a wonderful hour of pictures with Kellie, which came out fantastic, and showed everyone back home how happy we were. After photos, they had a cake for us( Seven Stars also took care of our flowers as well, both cake and flowers at a very reasonable price), and a private dinner in one of the beach huts at the resort. There were two of the staff with us throughout dinner, Stanley and a man from Nepal, cannot remember his name right now, and they were extremely professional and courteous, the Chef also came out at one point to give us his best. Dinner was amazing, La Pergola and the Sand Dollar, get knocked alot on some reviews we have noticed, but for us honestly it was the best food we had during our stay. All in all the wedding was everything we ever dreamed and neither of us would ever change a thing. The next day the Seven Stars had me booked for 2 dives with Caicos Adventures, very professional little company, and even though the weather was a little rainy we still had a great time diving the black coral forest and the chimney. Dinner that night was at Coco Bistro ,which was another great meal, followed by drinks at Grace Bay Club infinity bar. The next day, after another great breakfast at La Pergola and lunch at Hemingways, Meghann had us booked for the couples massage which came with wedding package, but again we were amazed with the service and courtesy of this resort when she had us have it in a penthouse suite( which was humongous) overlooking the ocean, with a bottle of wine and an hour alone with my new bride after we were done up in the suite. It was definitely a highlight of our stay and something we will never forget. The massage was amazing as well, and the whole thing gave us a much needed refreshing. After stopping in the room and geating ready, we headed across the street to the saltmills plaza where we had great sushi at a little spot, I cant really remember the name, Yoshi's maybe. The next day, after spending the morning shopping for souvenirs and beaching a little bit, when we got back to our room, we found the gift of a beautiful picture album waiting for us from the concierge staff, namely Meghann, Jondel and Nikia. Its sitting in our living room right now filled with little memories, definitely an unexpected and wonderful gift setting the resort and even farther away than normal resort standards in our eyes. Dinner this night ,our final one, unfortunately was the biggest dissapointment of our entire trip at Danny Buoys, where we recieved an Elios pizza and a nothing to write home about salad. The place was hot with no air, very stale environment, maybe we expected too much after the paradise we had been living in for the last week, but I doubt it since we were both three sheets to the wind. The next day was a sad one. The resort arranged airport transfer for us at 1250, and to accomodate us even more, they opened up for lunch an hour earlier than usual so we would have full bellys for our trip, probably the best club sandwich I have ever had. As we got in the escalade, we knew the experience we had had would be near impossible to ever duplicate and we would remember our wedding and the time we had in Provo with joy always. In conclusion, I really want to emphasize how accomadating and friendly the staff at Seven Stars, Meghann, Nikia, Jondel, Kevin, Clay, Stanley, Fernan, Cloris(Floris?), Livingston, Mimi, and anyone I might have forgotten, they basically bent over backwards for us, we were never made to want for anything, and we definitely will be returning.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2008

From the moment we arrived at the airport, a driver was waiting in a Lincoln Navigator to get our bags and drive us to the hotel. This was a great convenience because everyone else at the airport was waiting 15 to 20 minutes for an availabile taxi with their luggage in the heat.

When we arrived, we were greated with cool moist towels and drinks to cool off. The property is really beautiful and from what we're told only opened in April 2008, so everything is new and pristine. The exterior of the buildings is fairly plain, they look like your typical American-style condo buildings, however the inside of the rooms are spectacular. The beds are super comfy, all the tile is marble, and the bathrooms are huge with a giantic shower. There is also a flat screen tv with satellite and about 60 channels. Having stayed at many island hotels, I was also impressed that the air conditioning actually works great!

Since the resort is newer, and as of late we are in a recession, there were very few other guests during our stay, which was nice because the staff were very attentive and always nice.

Dining at the hotel's Sand Dollar bar for lunch is average to good. All the food is delicious, however it is somewhat pricey (think $20 for a burger and fries), and the menu is limited to about 6 dishes. For an absolutely great meal at about half the cost, walk about 5 minutes north on the beach to Mango Reef restaurant at the Royal West Indies hotel.

The hotel's other restaurant, La Pergola is fantastic. It runs about $200 for a meal with a few drinks, but that is in line with all the other restaurants on the island. As the hotel didn't have many guests, we shared the restaurant with only 2 other couples, so if you're not into a quiet atmosphere, you may want to try somewhere more popular. As a side note, I highly recommend a restaurant just a 10 minute walk away called Co-Co Bistro. All the tables are in the middle of a beautiful garden, and the food is excellent.

As far as the beach goes, it is absolutely gorgeous. I've stayed at many Island hotels and it's nice to be on a natural beach, free of rocks, vegetation...etc. The water is crystal clear blue and amazing. No seaweed, shells, or little creatures to mess with your feet.

Directly outside the hotel, are numerous shops, restaurants and bars, I don't think you could ask for a better location.

One note of caution, other reviews talk about things being overpriced, but I think they overlook that this is a fairly rich island. Unlike Jamaica, Belize, or the Bahamas, you probably won't find many cheap meals or shops. Everything is very luxurious, but of course it comes at a luxury cost. If you have any concerns about spending $100 - 150 for every 2-person meal, then the island is probably not the best place to go. Also, the nicest restaurant on the island is called the Coyaba. It costs about $300 for 2 people. The food was okay, but certainly not worth the price, instead try co-co bistro which is approx half the price and twice the value!

Lastly, I can't say enough nice things about the hotel staff. They were the best I've experienced, and it was always nice to have them drive us anywhere we wanted to go for free. Additionally, they let us check out 4 hours late so we could enjoy our final day on the island and accomodate our late flight.

Highly recommended Hotel.

• Liked — The beautiful beach
  • Disliked — The sand-dollar bar needed more menu choices.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2008

We had our honeymoon at Turks and Caicos. My overall impression is that Turks and Caicos is very beautiful and unspoiled compared to other carribean beaches. I found the restaurants very expensive and overpriced. The one thing that make turks and caicos a great destination is the beauty of the beaches and the people. Be sure to rent a boat and discover the different surrounding islands. It is a pricey trip but well worth it to experience the expansive beauty. They have the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. As far as romance, definitely a romantic island for couples. It has a secluded feel that you can not find in other vacation islands. However, it you are the type who likes to go out and party and check out events at night, there is not a whole lot to do at night. the island shuts down after 9pm and is hard to find something fun to do.

As far as the hotel, we stayed there for 5 nights. Overall, I would rate it average. The rooms are definitely beautiful but you are paying a premium to stay there. For the kind of money I paid, I expected more service. They do not have room service which I thought was unacceptable. The restaurant in the hotel was mediocre at best. Their lobster was tough with poor flavor and very expensive. Cocos was a great restaurant in the area. They had the best lobster. Location of the hotel was excellent. It was close enought to the nice restaruants in the vicinity. In addition th e beach at the hotel was very nice. I like the guard standing at the beach entrance, it just made you feel safer. The beach does not have peddlers selling you everything under the sun which was awesome. I wonder how that hotel would function when it is busier coz when I was there it was not very busy and yet the service was average. The hotel staff were mostly very friendly and helpful except for one male concierge who was not really interested in helping much. He was more interested on his personal phone calls.
In summary, it's great place to stay but for the money it is overpriced for what you get. The service is very good but considering the place was almost empty, the service was average. Location is excellent. Would I stay there again? No because for the money I expect more but if the price is lower, definitely, I would stay there again. I hope this answers some of your questions.

• Liked — location was great and beach was beautiful
  • Disliked — over priced and under value services and products
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Seven Stars Resort? Share your experiences!