There are so many good reviews here, and I will agree with most of it: the place is lovely, the pool staff can’t do enough to help you relax on “Island Time”, and the beach is to-die-for! It is the epitome of paradise: clear turquoise water and soft white sand. Having been to most all of the islands, this Grace Bay Beach does NOT disappoint.
Here are a couple more things:
• This is a time to spring for ocean-view. Because while the hotel is not five-star, the location and the view ARE.
• The resort and the rooms are clean and spacious. We had a little kitchenette that you could actually cook a meal in. The décor is not going to win any design awards but... It’s not a five-star hotel.
• The drinks ARE expensive but strong. A lot of people bought coolers and beer across the street (there’s a grocery store) and took their own stuff to the beach. No one from the resort seemed to care, so that’s an option. We were too lazy, so we sucked down many many $15 piña coladas and $7 beers :).
• We did book a half-day snorkle trip through the resort, again due to lack of thought beforehand and more laziness (noticing a pattern?). Concierge screwed up our reservation for the trip and gave us half off the original cost. If I had it to do over, I might look for more options through a local company or even another resort, since that specific outing was all Seven Stars was offering. Although it was well-wounded and felt like a good excursion,
We stopped at Iguana Beach, then snorkled over the coral reef and then dove for sand dollars at another location. Then they take you to a remote island and provide lunch and beer/wine. (The lunch was kinda gross, but you’re back at the hotel by 1 so you can still have a real lunch and you don’t sign up for a snorkle trip for the food). The captain and deckhand were awesome, even finding us ladies some shells on the beaches and giving us sand dollars when we didn’t find any. They showed us a good time like it was their job! Most importantly, the guy who snorkled with us was definitely looking out for each of us in the strong current. We all felt safe as the boat followed the current with us so we wouldn’t have to swim back against the current.
There’s only one thing: There were only two couples on our snorkle trip when there are usually 10. It is a small boat and I think 10 strangers would be too many. A group of friends would be fine. I’m sure the amazing captain and deckhand do a good job with 10, but we were relieved it was just 4.
Concierge is the weak link. A friend of mine called to book a couples massage as a gift for my husband and me and they never called her back. Then they messed up our snorkle reservation (which they more than compensated for). When I called for reservations for a place that books up quickly, concierge said she’d get back to me and never did. They know that a lot of the better restaurants book up fast, so it’d be great if they could ask you when you check in if you’d like to make reservations for the week of your stay.
When I asked if there was a way to SCUBA dive on the island without certification, she said no, even though that’s not true (it’s just that the hotel doesn’t offer it).
- Also Known As:
- 7 Stars Resort
- Seven Stars Hotel Providenciales
- Seven Stars Hotel
- Seven Stars Providenciales
- Seven Stars Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anchoring the sweeping arc of the world-famous Grace Bay Beach in the Turks & Caicos Islands, Seven Stars Resort blends island hospitality with luxurious all-suite accommodations and world-class amenities. Expansive accommodations range from junior to five-bedroom suites and feature high-end furnishings and finishes, full kitchens or kitchenettes, wrap-around balconies and over-sized marble bathrooms with soaking tubs, terry bathrobes and L’Occitane amenities. Island-inspired cuisine is served in three dining venues. Ideal for couples and families, the oceanfront palm-lined resort features a pool terrace with cabanas, tennis, complimentary water-sports, kids program, spa, fitness center, and nearby championship golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Seven Stars Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.