Had a great stay at Northwest Pont Resort Nov 14 - 22. I put much time and thought into where we would stay when in Provo and chose NWP for many reasons - main reason being that it would be peaceful and quiet and it certainly was.
Once we picked up our rental car we headed to the Graceway IGA and bought some beer and food to get us thru till we came back in to town. We then headed in the direction of the NWP and drove on what seemed a very narrow busy road and then on to a dirt road - so dark and no lights in sight - thought we had gone the wrong way for a while but finally came upon the NWP. It was a very stressful and scary drive out there in the dark! We were about an hour later than expected so there was no one in the office, which I do not have a problem with. There was a very nice note on the office door telling us how to get to our room. It had been left open with the key in the condo. We were on the second floor so a bit of a walk with the bags. They could really use a trolley to take luggage and groceries from your car to your room.
I had booked a 1 bedroom oceanfront condo and we were put in a 2 bedroom. Lots of room and had two bathroom. Three screened doors to the oceanfront deck. Incredible views from the deck - you can see all the way to Grace Bay. We never used the air-conditioning - we used the screens on all three sliding doors and were able to enjoy the warm breeze. We went to sleep each night and woke up each morning listening to the waves - this was just what I wanted when I booked the resort and it was wonderful. The rooms was very well equipped. Our toaster did not work so had to ask for a new one twice before we got one. The king size bed in the master bedroom had a bent center frame so it sagged badly in the middle. It took a day and half for it to be fixed and had to ask Mary three times about it. When it was finally fixed I felt like we were inconveniencing the maintenance fellow.
The beach is beautiful and the surrounding area is great for long walks. The Northwest Point Nature Reserve is right next door to the resort so we did many walks out to the point and around to Little Bay where we saw sea turtles very close to shore. I tried to snorkel here but it was too rough and shallow. The resort has three kayaks and a paddle boat for guest to use. The problem is that they only have 2 paddles and 1 anchor for 3 double kayaks. While we were there the kayak with the anchor was used frequently. It can be used to go far out in the water, anchor and snorkel from it. The reefs were great but you do have to go out quite a way - we went out more than 500 yards - saw lots. A couple of days we could not use the kayak as the paddles were signed out.
Mike, the manager, was very friendly and very helpful about the island. He told us about a great spot to snorkel on the other side of the island which we went to several times. Mary in the office was also very sweet. We had a maid come to clean the room each day. We ate in the onsite restaurant only once. The chef apparently used to be at Nikki Beach Hotel so I am sure there is lots of potential there. Found the menu very limited - lunch and dinner menu were the same. No drink special or happy hour to encourage people to use the bar/restaurant. We stocked up on groceries at the Graceway Gourmet - great store with everything you need. Found the prices pretty similar to home on most items. Beer and Liquor prices are the same as what we pay in Canada. We cooked all our meals in our condo - even had lobster tails one night. My husband was not comfortable going out for supper, having a couple of drinks and driving 20 minutes back to the resort in the dark. Crazy driving once it gets dark there!
We ventured out of the resort to explore the island every day. Driving in the daylight is fine. Lots of great beaches to see. For us staying at NWP was perfect because we love to walk, explore and have peace and quiet. If I had been there with a friend I would have chosen a resort on Grace Bay Beach to be closer to everything and for the great snorkelling at ‘The Bight Reef”. The beach was very nice at NWP but the water in front of the resort was not crystal clear. This was a huge disappointment to me. You had to go out about 100 feet or more before it cleared up. I was told this is a seasonal thing so maybe it is better at another time. The sea grass did not bother me but I like to see the bottom when I swim anywhere. There is no night life at NWP, which was fine with us and we were happy to stay in each night and have drinks in our room or on our deck. There was a nice TV in the room but limited TV stations - they do not get ABC, NBC or CBS so that was disappointing. Very sporadic internet reception.
I would recommend this resort for anyone wanting a relaxing, peaceful holiday - but you must have a car or you will feel very isolated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northwest Point Resort is located on 16 miles of white sand beach on the northwest marine park on the main island of Provo in Turks and Caicos. The resort is private, affordable and offers guests a relaxing vacation. With an oversized heated pool and jacuzzi tub the resort is ocean front. Condo's are fully furnished suites. Kitchen amenities include fridge, stove, washer dryer, dishwasher, King, Queen and single beds. Condos have multiple bathrooms and all of them have balconies with spectacular views of the ocean. The Caribbean inspired suites are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Linens are included and any offsite activities can be organized by our staff at the request of our guests. Enjoy strolling our private beach or relaxing on lounge chairs pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Northwest Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwest Point Hotel Providenciales
- Northwest Point Providenciales
- Northwest Point Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales