We booked our room here since it was Christmas week and almost all other places in Grace Bay were booked already. We are a family of four so we figured a two bedroom Condo/apt will do nicley. We paid premium for the beachfront on the first floor, thinking this is a beachfront where you can hear gentle waves and have a terrace looking at the ocean. Once we got to our room, we found out you can hardly see the ocean and we were way away from the water, so I don't know why the charge extra for that?
By reading other reviews I knew I had to drive there on a rocky, unpaved road, so that was not a suprise to me.This place has been portrayed online like a private secluded sanctuary, which is completey misleading. The resturant was just a bunch of plastic chairs and two emplolyees. The first day we ordered from the limited selection of food they had on the menu .Everything was below average quality and high priced. As for the 16 miles of white sandy beach with a gentle breeze they claim to have,in actuality, for whatever reason this resort ONLY was VERY windy, cold, and the sand was completely covered with seaweed. They had a few permanent beach umberellas and 3 working chairs. This place may be near the 3rd best reef in the world or national forest as they call it, but it won't do you any good because you need a boat to get there, as well as scuba gear to see the reef. We drove everyday to Grace Bay and stayed on the beach there since it wasn't windy at all and was much cleaner and the water was warmer.
As for the room, I think they gave us the worst unit in the complex. The washer and dryer was not working and the main drain in the kitchen sink was clogged so we were not able to wash any dishes. Also, because of that the dishwasher was backing up and the water was leaking on the kitchen floor. We had no mop, broom or garbage can in the room. They fixed the sink 2 days later, and since it was the holidays and I can understand that. However, the appliances and the rooms were all worn out and the whole condo was in a bad shape. The washer was never fixed, so no laudry for us during that week, and the last 2 days we could not use the sink, since the fauset just FELL OFF.Also the SAFE inside the room had no lock, so I had to carry my passport and anything of the value with me, every where we went. During our entire stay we did not use any of the facilities including the hot tub, since it was mostly either cold, or broken during the last three days of our visit. I have attached some photos.
As for the service, God forbid you ask for towels from the front desk. Lisa (I think the manager there) will give you a whole song and dance about water conservation and nature, which I am not used to hear from a place that I pay for to stay. By the way she knew that our washer and dryer was not working, so who was she preaching to? Anyway I am not mad, I am glad it is over.
I have nothing positive to say about this place, and it is not nice, the way they have this place advertized all over the net. This is not a RESORT or A HOTEL. It is an apartment that belongs to some one, who is just making money of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northwest Point Resort is located on 16 miles of white sand beach on the northwest marine park on the main island of Provo in Turks and Caicos. The resort is private, affordable and offers guests a relaxing vacation. With an oversized heated pool and jacuzzi tub the resort is ocean front. Condo's are fully furnished suites. Kitchen amenities include fridge, stove, washer dryer, dishwasher, King, Queen and single beds. Condos have multiple bathrooms and all of them have balconies with spectacular views of the ocean. The Caribbean inspired suites are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Linens are included and any offsite activities can be organized by our staff at the request of our guests. Enjoy strolling our private beach or relaxing on lounge chairs pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Northwest Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwest Point Hotel Providenciales
- Northwest Point Providenciales
- Northwest Point Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales