My wife and I traveled to Turks and Caicos with our 2 year old daughter for a week in January. We wanted to stay some where a little more remote and not overrun with crowds so we selected Northwest point and could not have been happier. We typically use services like AirBnb and VRBO (vacation rental by owner) to find other peoples homes to rent. In my opinion you get a lot more value than a mainstream hotel room. Plus we typically don't like to eat 3 meals a day in restaurants on vacation and a condo often has more amenities than a hotel room would have.
On that topic, our condo was very lovely. Very nicely furnished with a beautiful view of the turquoise ocean water from most of the condo (only the second bedroom was lacking the view). The kitchen was well supplied (just add food), and we used it often to make ourselves numerous meals. The covered private deck had a 180 degree view the water and was quite and wonderful for eating and reading after the sun (and our daughter) had gone down.
Northwest Point itself is also very nice. It is definitely off the beaten path, just like we wanted. There is a beautiful pool and warm hot tub, as well as several miles of pristine beach frontage. Given the quite end of the island it's on, we had much of the beach to ourselves and never had to worry about finding an open beach chair, or a spot at the pool. The restaurant on the property is convenient and the staff was friendly.
Given its remoteness you'll probably want to rent a car and there isn't much in the way of shopping in the immediate vicinity, but the island is only 15 miles across so every possible activity is easily accessible. A few reviewers have mentioned the gravel road. I wanted to point out that same road is also used to access the next resort over that has rooms upward of $14,000 a night. The road did not affect my experience in any way. It's a remote tropical island not Miami Beach.
Overall if your looking for a quite getaway on a remote tropical island where you and your family can family can relax without the throngs of other vacationers constantly in your space, Northwest point is exactly where you want to be. We will definitely stay here again and look forward to coming back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Northwest Point Resort is located on 16 miles of white sand beach on the northwest marine park on the main island of Provo in Turks and Caicos. The resort is private, affordable and offers guests a relaxing vacation. With an oversized heated pool and jacuzzi tub the resort is ocean front. Condo's are fully furnished suites. Kitchen amenities include fridge, stove, washer dryer, dishwasher, King, Queen and single beds. Condos have multiple bathrooms and all of them have balconies with spectacular views of the ocean. The Caribbean inspired suites are spacious, clean and tastefully decorated. Linens are included and any offsite activities can be organized by our staff at the request of our guests. Enjoy strolling our private beach or relaxing on lounge chairs pool side. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Northwest Point Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Northwest Point Hotel Providenciales
- Northwest Point Providenciales
- Northwest Point Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales