We spent a lot of time...and I mean a LOT...trying to decide on a place to take our first kid-free vacation in seven years. Once we decided on Providenciales the leap to The Tuscany wasn't that hard. The reviews were right on the money - this place is PARADISE.
Let's start with the rooms - just gorgeous! I know they're all different but the layouts are generally the same and we loved every inch of the place. Doing a condo hotel is an unusual choice for us...we're typically the Four Seasons don't lift a finger types but we're so glad we took the leap here. The kitchen was so high end I was tempted to cancel dinner reservations just to cook (I didn't)! The bedroom and master bath was amazing - the double sinks and separate toilet and big shower were all great. Plenty of closet space and the views from the bed itself - I mean, c'mon...nothing like waking up to that amazing view! The screened in porch was also great - we sat out there every morning and evening and just stared out at the water.
The resort itself was so clean, the people were so friendly and the setting could not have been more amazing. Grace Bay is stunning and the water is just heaven - we could have just floated around there all day every day. July is obviously a somewhat quiet time for the Caribbean but even when the resort got busier we never had to fight for chairs or space...in fact, we didn't even have to sit within 20 feet of other people if we didn't want to. If you're looking for hustle and bustle go somewhere else but if you want quiet and peace and happiness...come here. With kids or without.
There is no restaurant and no servers to come around with drinks but honestly the beach bar next door - maybe a 30 second walk - has everything you need. We ate there twice and it was all the beach fare and drinks you could ever hope for and then you got to leave and go back to your stunning private property. Couldn't be a better set up in my mind.
The staff is super sweet...our go to girl was Marzena and she was just darling! Made all of our dinner reservations, changed all of our dinner reservations when we wanted to move them later because we couldn't drag ourselves from the beach, and helped us with our pre-arrival grocery shopping too (highly recommend that - worth the price to have a stocked kitchen!)
Is The Tuscany a bit on the pricey side - absolutely. Is it worth it? 100%! And with a place that gorgeous you'll spend a lot of time there sitting on the beach, on your porch, by the pool, etc.
Another highlight for us was our cab driver Skipper...Marzena called him for us for our first dinner and out and we ended up driving with him for the rest of the week and then to the airport. He's amazing - knows a lot about the island and took us wherever we needed to go. His email is email@example.com and his cell is 649.241.9959. Tell him Carlo sent you.
As I mentioned, we stayed put for most of the trip but we did venture out for snorkeling with Big Blue - we chose them because they're not a booze cruise and do eco tours. We took the bikes into town and did some shopping - they're not quite at the level of a San Juan or other more developed places in terms of shopping but still great. We ate out five of seven nights and all but one were great! I would avoid Crackpot Kitchen (reviewed separately) but Coco Bistro, Bella Luna, Mango Reef and, my fave, Coyaba, were all great!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privacy, luxury and intimacy are excellent words to describe The Tuscany - a luxury boutique resort offering 30 luxury suites. Located on Grace Bay Beach The Tuscany features an Italian inspired courtyard and European style swimming pool, a lighted tennis court, and a fully equipped gym. All suites are oceanfront, with an open concept living area and bedrooms feature an en-suite bath. Both living area and master suites feature panoramic ocean views and floor-to-ceiling windows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Tuscany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Hotel Providenciales
- Tuscany Resort Providenciales
- The Tuscany Turks And Caicos/Providenciales