“Always amazing!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Pickens, SC
“Always amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Tuscany is not cheap but well worth every penny! Quality construction, elegant finishes and great staff are just the begining. Grace Bay is truly the best beach in the world and the Tuscany's location on the beach keeps you away from the more built up areas while allowing you to be close enough to restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family of four stayed in a three bedroom in February. Our stay began with Terria and Shawnemae setting the tone for a great week. Our apartment was perfection - nothing out of order and in fact decorated and supplied to a tee. We loved being "somewhat" independent of a resort atmosphere. The hotel next door offered a welcomed place for a drink or quick lunch. Have already made our reservation for next February.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I hate to pile on because it will just make this property too popular, reducing my chance to stay there next time due to lack of availability and the resulting price increase. But this is the best beach vacation I've had in 40+ trips to the carribean islands so it's only fair I give credit where credit is due.

Terria and Shauna at the front office were extraordinarily helpful in every way. If I needed to go snorkeling they will loan me snorkeling equipment. If I needed to go to Taylor Bay, they will loan me a beach umbrella. If I crave conch, they will get the fisherman to personally deliver conch to me. Talk about top notch always with a smile Ritz Carlton service without the ridiculous Ritz Carlton nickel and dime! The housekeeper, groundkeeper, and security were all friendly and take pride in their quick and hard work; not the azzlazy service attitude you get typical of Jamaica or US Virgin Islands. They also sweep your floor, wipe your table mess, and wash your dishes every day, too. I wouldn't be surprised if the staffs here were trained by the Ritz Carlton corporation.

The property is located on the quietest and in my opinion the best section of Grace Bay. You walk 2 miles on the beach to your right and you'll pass by maybe 2 or 4 people. You walk 1 mile to your left and there are a couple beach bars and nice beachside bonfire restaurants, plus a convenient and wine store. The property is immaculately clean and well manicured. The villa is luxurious and well stocked with all kitchen/bathroom amenity along with frequent replenishment detergent, coffee, bottled water. I just love this place and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Any corner (odd number) room on higher floor for more sunlight and better view.
Bayport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I cannot say enough about the beauty of this island, this property and the people who are there to make your visit so perfect. The Tuscany is located in the most beautiful part of providencials. The property offers a feeling of serenity and calm with the most amazing views you can imagine. Every suite is beachfront with georgeous sunset views over Grace Bay each night. Nothing can beat the clarity and color of the water and we spent much of our time enjoying the beach's soft sand and gentle rocking of the water while relaxing on the surface of the water.
Terria and Shaunamae made us feel like family when we arrived. Their warm smiles and hugs set the tone for our perfect vacation. Lizette and another young lady from housekeeping made our rooms sparkle as they worked on this immaculate 3 bedroom 3 bath suite. Everyone we encountered on the property made us feel welcome and special. My sons,17 and 21 also agree that this was one of our favorite vacations.
The pool and grounds are pristine and while we were there it felt like we were living in our own private villa as there were only a few other families staying on the property at that time.
The restaurant next door was wonderful for either breakfast lunch or dinner. We found the food to be exceptional everywhere on the island. It was nice to be able to ride bicycles into the town and not have to worry about renting a car.
While visiting we also enjoyed Caicos Dream Tours snorkel trip and Jet Boat ride. We got to see quite a bit of the island and the other resorts from the water and were able to appreciate The Tuscany's quiet location even more.
I can only hope to return someday to this island paradise! You cannot go wrong with The Tuscany!

Room Tip: We enjoyed the location and views from room 403 west. They all have amazing large balconies but our...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had a great first visit to the Turks and Caicos and glad we stayed at the Tuscany. For 6 people the 3 bedroom/ 3 bath-room condo was perfect. We stayed in room 103W. The downsize was that we did not have an ocean view but the up-side was that we were only a few steps from the beach.
I am glad we did not stay at an all-inclusive. A lot of people on our flight home stayed at all-inclusives and never left their resorts. We rented a car and explored the entire island. A tip to people who rent cars; the roads are not marked good. We had a hard time finding things and did do a lot of turning around. Driving on the left side of the road was not a problem for us. My sister and I are both left-handed so it seemed natural for us. Since there were 6 of us we rented a van. We traveled the entire week and only used 10 gallons of gas = $70. Gas is $6 something a gallon and the gas station did not take credit cards. But is was definitely worth the expense.

The best day on the island was our day trip with Caicos Dream Tours. We choose the full-day cruise and thought it might be too long but we dove for conch shells, sand dollars, snorkeled and had a great meal. The day was great.

Tuscany was very nice. You can tell service is very important to them. Everyone you encounter is helpful and polite. We did use the phone they provided but just to speak to the front desk. They made all of our reservations for us.

My favorite part of the trip was the conch and rum punch. I don't know why but I love couch fritters, salad, etc . I ate it everyday. We went to da conch shack and Horse Eye Jack's. Both were great. Every restaurant advertises the best conch fritters so we tried them all.

We did pack food based on previous reviews. We did go to IGA twice for staples. The most of the money we spent was on beer. Corona was $67/case and Turk Head $43/case. But we were on vacation and we did enjoy ourselves.
We cooked about 2 meals a day, eatting dinner out. One night we had 2 large pepperoni pizzas delivered to our room = $55.00.
Overall the vacation was great. It was overcast most of the week but we all came home with great tans.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We were at the Tuscany June 16 through June 23. This was not our first stay at T & C but our first visit to the Tuscany. The resort is on the quiet East end of Grace Bay which we prefer. It is new so not crowded yet. We had a one bedroom in the East building. It is the same as all units. They only lock the second and third bedroom so it was very spacious for my husband and I. We loved the screen patio for sitting outside in the evenings. Very easy walk right out to the beach. There are three good resturants close by but I do trecommend a car to venture out and explore all Grace Bay has to offer. The pool was beautiful but quite a few kids unsupervised so didn't get to use it or the hot tub much. The office/parking are in the front so bit a walk to access them. All office employees were very friendly and accomodating. Loved Shanamae and Terria. They go above and beyond the normal service. I recieved hugs every where I went. Lizette in housekeeping did a wonderful job cleaning but the other girls were hit an miss. All employees made a special effort to be friendly when they saw us out and about the resort. Every need was addressed in a timely manner. I recieved a voucher for a massage at the sister resort, The Venetian, next door. It was very good and the girl that did it was so nice and friendly. She also was a hugger. No resturan or store here but small convenient store at the entrance to the resort which belonged to Ocean Club next door. Over all loved our visit and highly recommend the Tuscany.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor for better view. Rent a car.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

As victims of the recent Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort closure, we were relocated to the Tuscany resort. After getting over the initial disappointment of being displaced, we were more than satisfied with the accommodations at the Tuscany. These 3 bedroom beachfront condos come with first class appliances and amenities. As many other reviews have pointed out, enough can't be said about the service and professionalism of the management/staff. Although our original intent was to be guest of Beaches, we were treated with top-notch, first class service from beginning to end. I am one that is willing to pay more for better service and The Tuscany did not fail to deliver. For anyone seeking an upscale, relaxing beachside condo and contemplating the possibility of staying at this resort, look no further! It must be understood activities and amenities of this resort are very limited as there is no restaurant on the property. Although we had 2 children (age 6 and 1), this is not a place that focuses on entertaining kids. If your expectation is to relax and enjoy the amenities of the island, then you want be disappointed. The beach of Grace Bay is immaculate and. because the Tuscany has a limited amount of guest, there is never any competition for beachside chairs/umbrellas. It is advisable that you rent a vehicle for transportation to various sites and restaurants.

Restaurants
1. Bay Bistro - the best service we received during our visit. The food was fresh and tasty. Try the tuna and couch fritters for appetizer
2. Seven - this restaurant is a hidden gem located in the Seven Star resort. The food was delicious and the ambience was elegant. We enjoy fine dining and this place was as close as you can get on the island. We also believe in taking our children with us so they can be exposed and learn appropriate behavior in this type of atmosphere. We recognize that serving kids can often be a challenge, Seven was readily able to meet the needs of all ages. Bravo!
3. Mango Reef - nice outdoor atmosphere with a beautiful beachfront view. The sunset was amazing to watch from the canopy covered patio setting. The service was mediocre and the food is rated above average.
4. Caicos Cafe Bar & Grill - the food was delicious. The atmosphere was as outdoor patio setting without any spectacular views, but certainly with an appropriate island theme. I would consider this as one of my favorite restaurants, but the service was pea-poor. It was difficult to get more $8 per bottle water. After requesting my check, it took nearly 20 minutes for someone to take my payment (it probably would have taken longer but my family went to the car and I stood up from the table, so I guess they thought I was about to leave prompting them to act). Yes, I recognize that the timing of service is much slower than what is considered acceptable in the US, but my overall service experience was definitely sub-par.
5. Ocean Club Cabana Bar & Grill - nice beachfront setting, food and service mediocre. Certainly at the bottom of the restaurants listed above, but it is the closest in proximity to the Tuscany resort.

Activities
1. Provo Golf Club - I must start with a disclaimer (i.e. bragging rights) that my review of this course will be biased because I score my first ever "hole-in-one" on the hole #4, 166-yard par 3. With that said, this was a beautiful course with excellent staff. The greens were well maintained and the fairways were above average. The scenery was island themed with palm trees and a few lake holes. There is a practice net, but no true driving range. The price is $175 plus $30 to rent clubs (Taylormade irons, hybrid, woods and R-11 driver).
2. Sapodilla Bay - Rent a car, pack a lunch and drive to spend some time in the turquoise, calm waters of Sapodilla and Taylor bay. The sand feels like flour under your feet and the water is crystal clear with very few waves. You can literally walk out nearly a 100 yards from the shore and the water will only come up to your knees. This is a must do!
3. Submarine - this was a semi sub that had some unique views of the ocean floor. It was good for the kids, but not worth the $165 i spent for two adults, a 6 and 1 year-old.
4. Caicos Couch Farm - if you just need something to do
5. Downtown - I will reiterate what some else said. There is nothing downtown

Tips
1. Make reservations at Coco Bistro ASAP, even before arrival to the island
2. If using a credit card, do not forget to check if your company charges foreign transactions fees.
3. Rent a car and see the island
4. Food is very expensive relative to US prices. When shopping, go to the IGA grocery store. You can expect to pay approximately 40-50% more in the supermarket and much more from a convenience store. For example, bacon 16 oz package $10, 6 pack of corona beer $18.99, 24 pack of bottled water $7.99
5. Gas - when we were there regular (87 octane) gas $6.57/gallon. Cash or debit card only.
6. Airport - pack snacks for the wait in the airport. You will have to dispose of any beverages before proceeding through security, so that is not as important.
7. DVD - checkout the DVD movie collection that is located in the office of the Tuscany. Purchase some popcorn and movie night
8. Bug repellant - Pack some bug repellant (OFF) as the night time mosquitoes can be brutal
9. Laundry - each condo is equipped with a full washer and dryer so pack some washing detergent (preferably the HE detergent packages) and dryer sheets

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Tuscany? Share your experiences!