“Overall, the Tuscany was a very nice place to stay!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE nights in January!
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Overall, the Tuscany was a very nice place to stay!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at the Tuscany for five days in Oct 2011. It is not a luxury resort or hotel but a magnificence condo complex. Each condo is individual owned and decorated by the owner. The rooms are huge, extremely nice, well appointed and immaculate, definitely 5- star. They provides you with a cell with prepaid minutes for use while you are the island and you can make calls back to the US, which is well convenient. Since, the Front Desk closes at 5, the staff cell phone numbers are programmed into the cell phone. The Staff was helpful in making restaurant reservation and scheduling the activities that I had planned. I thought the service was OK but not exceptional.

The Tuscany is located at the quiet end of Grace Bay, which is good if you are looking for a very peaceful and relaxing vacation. It’s not so good, if you are looking for something to do. The Tuscany does not have a restaurant; there are no activities, nightlife or entertainment available on the property. Taxis are expensive, so you will need to rent a car (Grace Bay Rentals).

It rained every day of my trip. The beach was nice but the water was very rough. The waves coming ashore were very strong. Although, we did not have children, I would not have felt comfortable with the kids in the water. Even spoke with a local, who said the water near the Tuscany and that end of Grace Bay is always rougher. We could not go scuba diving or kayaking because the water was too rough and murky. Don’t waste your time trying to snorkel near the Tuscany there is nothing to see. Bring your own snorkeling gear!!!

Overall, the Tuscany was a very nice place to stay but not to be confused with a luxury resort hotel.

Room Tip: Each floor has three units, so request a end unit. A room ending in 1 or 3. Try to avoid a 1st floor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I researched where to stay for our honeymoon for months, and after reading reviews on The Tuscany I knew this place had to be great. It was! The service here is top notch, and the condo is beautiful! We didnt want to leave our room some days because it felt like we were right at home but on the most beautiful beach. The staff is always there if you need anything, they are willing to make dinner reservations for you, they gave us a prepaid cell phone so we didnt have to use our own, and one day my husband wanted some snorkel gear and the front desk let him borrow theirs. I cant say enough good things about The Tuscany. There are only 30 units, so you arent in the middle of hundreds of people, on the beach it was only us and maybe 2 other couples. The location is great as well, you are close to everything but I would suggest renting a car because taxi's we heard can run up $50 a day, so we rented a car and couldnt imagine not having one, it made getting around so much easier. There is also a great restaurant right next door that is on the beach and their fish tacos and fish burgers were the best we had on the island, its Cabana Bar and Grill, highly recommend going there for lunch, and Bay Bistro and Magnolia for dinner.

Room Tip: We had a corner room it was great, we had more windows and great views
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This is not a hotel as such - all apartments are owned and each is furnished individually, there is also no reception after 5pm, and no room service. However, the location of the property is amazing - at the quiet end of Grace Bay, it truly makes for a relaxing vacation. We walked the entire length of Grace Bay and the Tuscany is definitely located at the nice end of it. We did not see many people while we were there. The suites are amazing and every one is beach front with a huge patio. The property we stayed in had a huge bedroom and bathroom and a really nice kitchen. There are also BBQs for communal use. Tennis courts are really nice and the pool is very relaxing too, if you are tired of getting sand all over your clothes.

A word about the staff - they were excellent. Every single person we met went out of their way to be helpful and I cannot thank them enough.

A truly outstanding overall experience. If you want a relaxing vacation, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Each room is furnished according to the taste of the owner, so all are different
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I came to Provo two days after Irene. I was expecting to see home damage around the island and perhaps some problems with the hotel.
Fortunately everything was fine. You couldnt really tell a hurricane had passed by a couple of days before we arrived. The only thing that wasnt perfect was the water visibility, which didnt clear up until about a week after the storm.

Anyway, about the hotel, I searched for several days if not weeks for a place to stay. Looked at many reviews and also pricing was important.
At the end I settled for The Tuscany since it had really good reviews and in fact is rated #1 on this website.
Let me tell you, Provo is not a cheap place to go and most of the hotels are pretty darn expensive. Our group consisted of two families so for us getting a 3 bedroom place was the way to go.
The Tuscany condo was just beautiful and it was probably close to 1800 square feet in size, so it was very spacious for us. We were 7 in the condo, 3 adults, 3 kids and a toddler.
The kitchen was amazing with granite counter tops and fully equipped to prepare any meal with all kind of pots and pans.
The master bathroom had a huge tub and the master bedroom was very large.
The balcony overlooking the bay was just great. Large and an amazing spot to watch the sunsets.
The room came with washer and dryer and anything else you would need to live there.
There was daily maid service which kept the place clean, towels washed and beds made.
I was not aware that there was room service, but apparently there is according to the hotel's website.
There is no restaurant at the premises, so you have one right next door on the Ocean's Club resort. It's about 100 feet down the beach from The Tuscany. There are two other restaurants near by but you have to walk a bit farther.
A call to the hotel ahead of the arrival day with a grocery list will take care of stocking up the fridge, otherwise you have to go to the market, which is 10 minutes away and 20 bucks taxi ride. Be prepared to pay for the food. Since everything is imported, the food is very expensive.
The hotel's pool was large, clean and very nice. Water temp was excellent and a bit warmer than the ocean.
The hotel is the last one on the bay so you are far away from just about everywhere. There are couple of nice restaurants about a mile away (not belonging to a hotel) and shops are certainly a taxi ride away.
I didnt know I would be far away from everywhere, but it didnt bother me one bit. I found the place very tranquil and peaceful. Now that its low season, I dont think there was more than 4 rooms occupied at any given day. So we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves, including the beach :)
The beach was just incredible. Words cannot describe it. The sand is extremely fine and very white and the water is super blue. The last two days of our stay the visibility had increased to well past 10 feet. You can see sea stars, stingrays, octopus, hermit crabs and all kind of fish if you go snorkeling. It really was amazing.

I highly recommend going to this place if you want to stay away from noise and people. To make matters better, the hotel is really well priced.

I almost forgot, shame on me. The service from management and every staff member at the hotel was great. We arrived late last thursday and everything was closed. The lady at the front desk offered to drive to the local pizza joint to get me a pizza. That was really nice of her. Thank you! (sorry i forgot your name)
Everyone always has a smile on their faces and everyone is very helpful and courteous.

A couple of side notes, there is a beach house about a quarter mile walk from the hotel that is ridiculously beautiful. The place was being cleaned up while we were there and we asked the workers if we could get some coconuts from the trees. We must have eaten well over a dozen coconuts from the trees at that property. www.coralhouse.tc.
Prices are crazy!

We rented a sail boat the last day we were there for a full day and had an amazing time. It was easily the highlight of our trip and got to visit iguana island, a few coral reefs, and incredibly beautiful deserted beach on pine cay, which i'd say its even more beautiful than grace bay and my son got to sail the yacht for a good hour and a half. I definitely suggest and recommend you give them a try if you go. They pick you up straight from the beach and you spend the whole day with John and Stephanie. They own a magnificent 47' Beneteau Idylle Sloop and their service is out of this world. I'll post a full review of them later on. www.turtlevoyager.com.

I gave the hotel 4 stars on kids activities because there isn't much to do other than snorkel and pool and play in the sand and catch crabs. And that's really what you want them to do while you are there. But my point is that there is no kids club or anything like that. Though the hotel does offer babysitting services.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the bay. Try to get a room on the 3rd floor or above for better views.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Lived up to prior TripAdvisor recommendations. Up at the end of Grace Bay, very uncrowded. Rooms were beautiful. Had food and flowers delivered just before our arrival, so didn't have to worry about anything. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Used hotel bikes at first to get around, but would recommend a car if you don't mind driving on the left side of the road. This area Grace Bay is not that great for snorkeling from the beach, would suggest Coral Gardens area (west of hotels is far less crowded). Beer is super expensive on TCI, but rum and most other spirits not too much different than mainland. Figure double on food, even at grocery stores. Might as well eat out, there are a ton of choices (though no restauarant at the hotel). Did a half day snorkel/conch cruise with Island Vibe. Picked us up on the beach in front of the hotel, lots of fun.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011 via mobile

Back from another visit to the beautiful Tuscany Resort on the incredible Grsce Bay. The staff are terrific and the suites are without equal. We had a wonderful vacation and would most definitely recommend this resort for a enjoyable family get away.

• Stayed August 2011
Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Please look no further! Our family of six was lucky enough to stay at this amazingly beautiful resort last month! We chose a third floor unit - 3 bedrooms (very large!) and 3 bathrooms (stunning!), that was beautifully decorated and amazingly comfortable and clean. My husband and I loved the master bedroom and the master bath was luxuriously large and gorgeous. The units come with a separate laundry room (the washers and dryers were spotless!) along with a very large screened-in porch (all the units have one) which overlooks the beach. The housekeeping staff (we had Beverly) were amazing! Beverly was extremely thorough, coming in each day to clean and replace the towels. She always told me to leave the dishes - reminding me that I was on vacation! The kitchen was stocked with every imaginable dish, pot, pan, glass, utensil, spice, etc. along with bottled water. All the kitchen items were new and clean. There is not a thing missing in the kitchen to prepare a meal! The kitchen came equipped with all modern (stainless steel) appliances and granite countertops. It was beautiful! We cooked in several nights and also enjoyed breakfast and lunch at the unit as well. Everything is new and clean! We purchased our groceries at the IGA or the Graceway Gourmet. There is so much space - space to cook, dine, watch television, read, relax, and enjoy the view. However, you won't be spending too much time indoors with the beach and pool just steps away. We basically had the beach and the pool to ourselves for the week that we were there. The ocean is the most beautiful shade of turquoise! It looks just like a postcard. The water was warm and clear - you were able to see to the bottom of the ocean floor. It is, by far, the most beautiful beach we have ever seen! We rented a catamaran three days in a row at the beach. The pool was clean and large. There were plenty of umbrellas and lounge chairs both at the pool and at the beach. The resort also had rafts that we used at the pool and beach. The grounds on the resort are immaculate. The pool was vacuumed daily and the courtyard was swept each morning. There are also two grills for personal use on the resort. We purchased steaks at the Graceway Gourmet and grilled in one night. When we woke up early the next morning, we noticed someone cleaning the racks on the grill. The attention to detail by the staff here at the resort is excellent! There is a gym on site that my husband and I used everyday. It had treadmills, an elliptical, bikes and weights. It was perfect! Also, the staff was tops! Terria assisted us with restaurant bookings. Coco Bistro and Parallel 23 (ask for a waiter named Emil) are a definite MUST! She and Rashad also assisted us with reservations for two snorkeling tours. Caicos Dream Tours was tops in our book! (Our Captain, Delroy, was fabulous!) They also informed us about the free-snorkeling at Coral Gardens where we taught our children to snorkel, prior to taking them out to the Great Barrier Reef with CDT. Terria and her team, Shawnamae and Rashad, could not have been more helpful. They work together wonderfully well and make a spectacular team! We can't recommend the resort highly enough! We weren't there a full 24 hours before my husband and I agreed we had to come back. Do not look at another resort! Book now and I promise you will love it as much as we did!

Room Tip: All the units are equally fabulous! They each overlook the beach!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Tuscany? Share your experiences!