Wow, What a beautiful place to visit!! I have always wanted to come to this island and was not disappointed. We spent September 1-7 at the Reef Residences for our honeymoon. Very central location, with the best snorkeling on the island just outside our front door at Coral Gardens. The walk to the beach was only 2 minutes, max. We loved Somewhere Cafe, which is next to Coral Gardens. Jerome was a stitch and we really enjoyed his company. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, # 5204 which was really nice and spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable, more so than the one at home!! The kitchen had enough kitchen gadgets to make a meal. I had read review after review when planning our tripand where we would stay. This resort did not disappoint. Vern and his co-workers were very nice and helpful and prepared to answer any question. I was prepared for the food to be expensive, I had read that in the reviews thinking to myself, "how expensive can it really be?" lol, but, I was not prepared for how very expensive it really was! We did rent a car which allowed us to explore the island and make trips to the IGA market. We priced beer and alcohol at the IGA but was told the Wine Cellar down the road was more economical. We purchased a case of Coors Light cans and paid $54.00. Dos Equis was $75.00 a case, Turkey $12.99 a pound, Family size Honey Nut Cherrios $10.00. We ate breakfast and lunch in our suite, which helped defer the cost of food. We did the West Caicos full day snorkel trip on Wednesday through Caicos Adventures. Vern recommended this company as well as LeAnne. We had a great day, alot of fun, with great people!! We went to the community fish fry at the childrens park on Thursday which was put on by the Chamber of Commerce with food provided by local restaurants. Music was also provided, but the prices were comparable to sitting down at a restaurant, and I really wanted to eat at the "Mango Reef" at the Alexandra resort, so we did that instead. It is right on the beach, with beautiful sunsets and great food. We would also recommend Boogaloo's for lunch or dinner. This restaurant is right ON the beach and has georgeous views. We received wonderful massage's (my husband says the best he's ever had) at the Reef Residences Spa. It was a complimentry massage for 20 minutes, but we upgraded to the 50 minute massage, later receiving a call from Vern telling us that it was suppose to be 50 minutes. That was a nice surprise receiving free massage's!! We spent one night at the pool with drinks and a bottle of wine and had the pool all to ourselves!! We did explore other beaches on the island, Longbay Beach, Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay. Taylor Bay is beautiful with very smooth water. Great place for kids(or Adults) to play since the water is only about waist deep for about 300 ft.out. (found directions to Taylor Bay by googling Taylor Bay directions) Would recommend bringing breakfast food and snacks to help save on food expense. Also when you pay for your room, the 12% tax and the 10% tax is added per night, not to the total amount of your stay, which added about $35.00 per night to the room cost. We would also recommend Boogaloo's for lunch or dinner. This restaurant is right ON the beach and has georgeous views. Yes I was overwhelmed by the prices and this island is very expensive but it was worth the white sand beaches and the wonderful week of memories we will alway's cherish. This was a honeymoon of a lifetime, a nice relaxing week in what is truly paradise!! Beautiful Island, Beautiful Resort, Beautiful people, Wonderful new friends from New York, St. Louis, New Jersey, and Mesquite, Tx So much fun!!!! I definitely want to return!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These 24, two-level Bermuda style residences embrace the charm of the islands. At the center of the three buildings is a free-form pool and whirlpool Jacuzzi. The tranquil atmosphere includes lavish landscaping of fragrant frangipani, hibiscus, brillian bougainvillea and palms. All suites have fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances, living rooms, dining area, bedroom with king-size bed and master bathroom. The lower level suites have a second bathroom with a shower. A spa and fitness center featuring state-of-the-art health club equipment is located on site. Daily maid service is included. The famous snorkeling reef is a 200 ft. walk down a paved walk way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Reef Residences on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales