My husband and I stayed in a one bedroom condo, unit 7201 during April 2013. We found the condo to be clean, well-stocked with kitchen gadgets and appliances and very quiet. The property is behind a beachfront two-story condominimum complex, so do not expect a view of the beach. The grounds were very clean with lots of blooming flowers and tropical plants. A wonderful floral fragrance hits you when you walk out of the unit.
The staff is very accommodating and extremely friendly. They are there all day and aim to please. We arrived on a Saturday at lunch time and were greeted warmly and taken to our unit and shown around.
The air conditioning works very well, but with mulitple ceiling fans, we didn't turn it on much. There was a strange noise that would come on and off in intervals that was somewhat distracting at night. We couldn't find out where it was coming from, but we closed the bathroom door and it muffled the sound. The king bed was comfortable, but on the soft side.
The Grace Bay beach is a minute walk down a path and wooden set of stairs. The amazing blue water and white sand are exquisite. There were ample beach chairs and umbrellas while we were there. I bought a $35 snorkle and mask at the IGA and used it right out in front of our chairs and saw a sting ray, grouper and small colorful fish in 4 feet of water. Only about 50 yards down the beach is a National Park with clearly marked areas to snorkle and keep off of the live reef.
We rented a car for the week and enjoyed being able to stock up on groceries and go out for dinner. Groceries are about 1/3 more expensive than in the Midwest. Not too bad considering it is all imported! There are many restaurants on the island. We enjoyed the jerk chicken and grouper tacos at a few of them. Ice Cream at Giggles is a must!
I would recommend Reef Residences to anyone that wants an affordable, clean, well-appointed condo in the Grace Bay area.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These 24, two-level Bermuda style residences embrace the charm of the islands. At the center of the three buildings is a free-form pool and whirlpool Jacuzzi. The tranquil atmosphere includes lavish landscaping of fragrant frangipani, hibiscus, brillian bougainvillea and palms. All suites have fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances, living rooms, dining area, bedroom with king-size bed and master bathroom. The lower level suites have a second bathroom with a shower. A spa and fitness center featuring state-of-the-art health club equipment is located on site. Daily maid service is included. The famous snorkeling reef is a 200 ft. walk down a paved walk way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Tingo, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Reef Residences on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.