We live on a tiny neighbouring island and make frequent visits to Providenciales for both business and pleasure. Having stayed at various other hotels, this is by FAR our favourite-Please do not tell anyone-we loved it so much that I hesitate to encourage others to stay as this may mean that it will be fully booked when we wish to go there next! The Reef Residences is a small group of beautifully maintained, spacious, well equipped, attractively and comfortably furnished 'apartments' of between 1-3 bedrooms. We had a 1st floor spacious apartment with 1 bedroom, open plan lounge, kitchen and dining area and terrace from which we enjoy the views of the pool and abundant flowering shrubs. The bed was superbly comfortable, we had the most comfy sofa and 2 ladies chairs (that supported my back enormously-I want one of these at home). Cable TV was provided in lounge and bedroom-a luxury for us-tho of course it was US TV... which is not the fault of the owner!! The kitchen was well equipped with microwave, coffee maker, blender, large fridge/freezer with ice making machine etc. The air con was very efficient and quiet; being experienced travellers we always put the air con and ceiling fan on full before we go out to dinner, then turn it off as we go to bed-Purrfect - cool and quiet for the whole night! Bathroom had a good shower, plenty of towels including beach towels, and nice toiletries. The terrace was a reasonable size (those on the ground floor rooms had HUGE screened well furnished terraces) overlooking the pretty pool. None of the rooms are far from the pool. Vern was in attendance, it seemed all of the time with his gentle, friendly Caribbean manner. We were given complimentary rum cocktails at lunch and in the early evening around the pool as well as at the beach. The beach: a stunningly beautiful beach is within a minute or so's walk; in fact, the Reef Residences are directly behind the Windsong Hotel. We have been to numerous resorts where the distance from the hotel room to their private beachfront is far greater than that from the Reef Residences to the beach. There is NO road to cross, you wander out of the gates and the path to the beach is directly in front of you. The beach enjoys the BEST snorkelling on the island, yes, just a hundred yards or so from your spacious rooms! There are beds and sun umbrellas just for the Reef Residences on the beach, no need to get up at 7am just to reserve.... Back to my favourite place: the pool is clean, not huge but then there are not too many people; we often had it to ourselves. There is a jacuzzi alongside the pool although we never found the controls........ (we could have asked but heh-the pool was warm so what the heck). The resort only has approx 16 accommodations; gently designed, no rigid blocks; with flowering shrubs in abundance-really lovely and offering privacy too. There is a gym including a treadmill, cross trainer, bicycle and various weight machines-all seemed in good order and also a salon offering nails, massage facials etc.- a real treat especially for somewhere so small. The location is excellent as long as you don't want wall to wall entertainment, loud music etc. We found our own. There is no bar, at first we thought this was a slight disadvantage however we quickly reassessed our thinking; people gathered every evening around the pool with their own wine, beer etc (sensible given prices on this island!!) and food, happy to mingle and socialise with like minded people. If you were there with us 'CHEERS!'. Island prices re restaurant, wine etc. are horrid, we bought our own provisions from the excellent (for on island) supermarket IGA, a short drive away and made our own breakfast and lunch, topped off by delicious meals in local restaurants in the evenings (Lunch at Las Brisas is a must). It would be useful to have transport to go to the shops (car or bike as it is flat), although it would be easy and cost effective to get a taxi when needed. My hubster, Simon found this lovely place, how glad am I, you may have gathered that we like this place-I can't imagine staying anywhere else-in fact we loved it SO MUCH that we are considering buying one of the apartments!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These 24, two-level Bermuda style residences embrace the charm of the islands. At the center of the three buildings is a free-form pool and whirlpool Jacuzzi. The tranquil atmosphere includes lavish landscaping of fragrant frangipani, hibiscus, brillian bougainvillea and palms. All suites have fully equipped kitchens with stainless steel appliances, living rooms, dining area, bedroom with king-size bed and master bathroom. The lower level suites have a second bathroom with a shower. A spa and fitness center featuring state-of-the-art health club equipment is located on site. Daily maid service is included. The famous snorkeling reef is a 200 ft. walk down a paved walk way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Reef Residences on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Reef Residences On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales