The Somerset really does look like the amazing pictures on their website. When my husband and I arrived at the Somerset we were thrilled and felt like we walked into a post card. The water really is that blue & the pool is perfect. We love lounging by the pool and the beach so we expected a lot from both; The Somerset pool and Grace Bay delieverd! The grounds are gorgous and manicured. We loved the small luxury of the resort and prefer it 100 times over the large scale luxury resort.
The service at The Somerset was great! All of the staff were friendly and jumped to help with anything. They were prompt with any requests. I couldn't figure out how to use the entertainment system and the staff was patient and prompt with their help!
We were married in Turks and Caicos. We were married in the beach in front of the resort, with cocktail hour by the infinity pool, and the reception at the croquet lawn. After viewing the other resorts on the island, Craig and I picked the best place to hold a wedding. They olimit weddings to only 1 wedding per weekend. The wedding planner Diane from Island Harmony made the wedding perfect and worked closely with the Somerset to meet every request. Diane is highly recommended.
Our 1 bedroom ocean view suit was perfect and beautiful. It was large and well the views, as previously discussed, were priceless. The maids did a wonderful job cleaning even when we were messy. The room was clean and perfect for my husband and I.
The poolside bar was great, but I wish they had an extended food selection. Additionally, the restaurant for The Somerset is highly rated, but not overlooking the beautiful water.
Overall, I highly recommend The Somerset from everyone in there twenties through 70's. My husband and I loved it as well as our family!
There is not a spa at the resort, but they recommend the next door resort or can arrange to have spa services in your room.
The water toys were great. We kayaked and took out the hobby cat (the staff will show you how to use). The conceirge can help with any excurisions you may want & they are very helpful. --> the locals on Turks and Caicos are friendly and welcoming!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerset, situated on pristine beach front property, features 53 suites ranging from 1,353 to 5,327 square feet. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. The Somerset is infused with a sophistication that is as elegant as it is casual using sumptuous local textures, splashes of bright Caribbean colors and warm washes of cream and dark mahogany. The Somerset is an ideal venue for romantic interludes, family holidays and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales