We stayed at the Somerset during low season - September. I imagine that the experience could have been very different if there were a little more activity, but it was very quiet.
Room - We stayed in Sterling Penthouse 6 which was very close to the lobby, but a little further from the beach. The unit was gorgeous and spacious. The Viking appliances, seemingly new bathrooms, and decor were fantastic. The balcony wrapped around the front half of unit. The three bedrooms were in the back half of the unit and could be completely closed off from the hallway to make single "rooms." for people to book. One of the rooms had a sort of kitchenette in it, which was totally unnecessary unless you didn't have the rest of the condo.
Grounds - Very pretty. We liked the zero entry pool for the kids and the beach is gorgeous... absolutely beautiful.
Service - The front desk was very friendly but there weren't hardly any staff anywhere on the property. It definitely has more of a residential feel.
Dining - There are not many dining options. The restaurant was closed most of the time and we never found breakfast in the mornings.
Entertainment - There was really not much going on.
Kid Friendly Factor - We loved the Zero entry pool. The nice room sizes and spacious balconies were wonderful. The smaller size of the property made it easy to be in all places at once. It was very quiet and low key.
Location - Great Location. The beach is much softer here than down the beach. The sand feels like powdered sugar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 4.6 Acres of the world-famous Turks and Caicos beach, The Somerset on Grace Bay is an intimate luxury resort where couples and families alike enjoy treasured times together. The five-star resort features 53 one- to five-bedroom luxury villas ranging from 1,400 to 5,300 sq. Ft. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. Two restaurants and bars, two freshwater pools, fitness center, full service spa with in-suite spa services, a range of activities on land and sea, complimentary Caicos Kids Club, and concierge services complement your family vacation, group getaway or romantic interlude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and Jetsetter so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales