This was our first time in TCI. We booked this trip last minute and booked the Somerset on Kayak.com. We got the studio room with queen size bed for four nights. The room is enough for two. The decor is modern and brand new. Check in was very quick and then we were escorted to our room. The best feature about the room is the bathroom - very spacious with separate shower and jacuzzi tub. Also, in the room has a mini kitchen wall equipped with safe, microwave, sink, coffee maker, glassware, china, and utensils. According to the hotel personnel that escorted us, we have the master bedroom that is part of a timeshare suite, there is a connecting door that adjoins the suite, but the connecting door is locked on each side.
What we didn't like about the room is that we had a view of a parking lot and the backside of buildings and no balcony. Because the room is small, there is no desk or table for 2 ( would have been useful if we ate in our room), the lack of hangers in closet- just one free hanger and the other two were for the robes. One large drawer under the tv for clothing or storage. Lighting in the room is not very bright. The nice touches are free bottles of water left by housekeeping, Molton Brown toiletries, two robes, and wi-fi.
The Somerset is one beautiful place. The best thing about staying here are the pools and beach area. The two pools are beautiful and the beach is a great stretch of sand. There are plenty of beach chairs to go around. There is an equal division of couples and families staying here. What we like about staying here that it feels very private, quiet, and no crowds. If you are looking for a busier resort that has many activities to do, this is not it. The resort does offer snorkel gear, lifejackets, paddle boarding, kayak, and hobie cats.
The rate comes with a continental breakfast which includes pastries, fruits, coffee and choice of juice. There is no buffet, the servers bring the food over to you. It's great that there is a free breakfast but it would be better if they do offer a variety of hot foods but it costs extra. The restaurant by the pool was great and convenient. Most of the guests ate lunch there and the staff is excellent. The fish tacos and conch fritters were delish. Happy hour from 5-7.
We did not have car so we relied on foot to eat out. There are bicycles on site if you feel like riding. We went to Hemingways for lunch twice and Mango Reef for dinner twice. We walked on the beach to get there - just a few minutes. Also, we ate dinner nearby at Bay Bistro, walk out of the resort, turn left, and a walk around the corner to Sibonne resort. Also, there are two restaurants with local cuisine that are about 15 mins walk down the road - Cactus Grill and Mr. Grouper's. We booked a half day snorkel trip with Caicos Dream last minute. I called them directly and they pick u up at the beach at Alexandra resort which is less than a 5 min walk from the Somerset. Snorkeling was good but the fun part was looking for conch shells because the conch served was going to be your snack and u get to keep the shell.
We had a great time and would recommend to stay here because of the spacious and quiet beach area and pools and a couple of restaurants nearby. We would upgrade to a suite next time.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerset, situated on pristine beach front property, features 53 suites ranging from 1,353 to 5,327 square feet. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. The Somerset is infused with a sophistication that is as elegant as it is casual using sumptuous local textures, splashes of bright Caribbean colors and warm washes of cream and dark mahogany. The Somerset is an ideal venue for romantic interludes, family holidays and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Fareportal , Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.