we stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. we booked it a head of time because we read some good reviews. at the time of the check in, we were not happy with the room that we got and we asked to change. they took us to another room wich was nice but i noticed that one of the bedrooms is locked. i called the front desk and then they told me that the bedroom is currently occupied. i booked 2 bedrooms and they give me a one bedroom?? with 4 kids?? we then went back to the front desk and we upgraded to a 3 bedroom suite ocean front. we paid extra for that upgrade. little did we know, that they have a persistent rodent problem in these suites! the suite was huge and beautiful. the cleaning lady was soooo nice and helpful. on the 3rd evening my husband saw a huge rat in the kitchen! plus there were other insects too but we never complained about them.
within an hour and half we moved to another room. in the middle of the night with 4 kids. the resident manager urmus kronner was helpful with the move but not with the rest of the issues. he promised us a refund for that one night, but refused to refund us for the extra upgrade of that room or for the previous nights. he tried to tell us that my kids left a stain on the sofa and becouse of that he can't refund us the money. the stain was taken care of, but he still looked for other minor excuses not to refund us the money. also, on that night that we had to move, he said that he was aware of the rodent problem!!!!! if you are an establishment who respects the guests, why whould you have people sleeping in the room with rodents????
the girls at the front desk were not helpful either.
the beach was amazing and the bar staff were great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 4.6 Acres of the world-famous Turks and Caicos beach, The Somerset on Grace Bay is an intimate luxury resort where couples and families alike enjoy treasured times together. The five-star resort features 53 one- to five-bedroom luxury villas ranging from 1,400 to 5,300 sq. Ft. Each with ample living, dining and entertaining spaces and gourmet kitchens equipped with Viking appliances. Two restaurants and bars, two freshwater pools, fitness center, full service spa with in-suite spa services, a range of activities on land and sea, complimentary Caicos Kids Club, and concierge services complement your family vacation, group getaway or romantic interlude. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Somerset on Grace Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel Providenciales
- Somerset On Grace Bay Providenciales
- Somerset Grace Bay
- Somerset On Grace Bay Hotel
- The Somerset On Grace Bay Turks And Caicos/Providenciales