My overall opinion on the resort is that is good for relaxing in one the most beautiful beaches I had seen.The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is good, but limited in options. The rooms are very good and the building is about 5 years old, so it's in good shape. I heard that the best time to visit Providenciales is September or October (I prefer less crowded seasons)
I believe the hotel will suit the needs of couples or families with older children. Can't recommend it for families with little kids or toddlers. The food is good, but with limited options and honestly, expensive. It has a pool, but nothing extraordinary, good enough... You have a terrific beach next to you, so, why complain..
We stayed at the room 241b, which is a standard room, with no view to the beach and a single bed. The value for the room is just about right.
The room came with complementary continental breakfast, that will be good enough for some, but if you want more, be prepared to expended at least 13 usd per person if you can't keep eating the same thing every morning. Be aware also, that the mini bar doesn't have any sodas or water or... anything (but a bottle or two of booze), so unless you want to expend a lot of money on the premises, take bottles of water or whatever with you.
The hotel will arrange a trip to the local super market or wine cellar for you to stock your refrigerator or if you want to purchase something else. Anything will be expensive compared to the US, but it's what you get when you live in an island with practically no industry but just tourism.
The round trip for the shopping will cost you $8 usd/person.
The resort is next to the beach, so it's location is great. They have huts and beach seats, so unless it's packed, you will be able to get one of them. If you don't have snorkeling equipment, they will give it to you for $5 bucks the day per person. I can't say enough... The Beach is superb and you can see quite some fish just 20 meters away from the beach using the snorkeling stuff.
If you book the typical activities through the hotel staff in the lobby, you will be probably picked up at the hotel or very near to it in the beach.
For moving around the island, they have "Lige" set up for you. Lige it's like the personal driver of the hotel. He will take you anywhere at a reasonable price... Will be always expensive compared to your typical cab, but again... Nothing much you can't do. I didn't checked the rental car options, but the Island is so small and you will probably will spend most of the time laying on the beach or doing something in the sea that it seems to me there is no need for a car. And driving in the left side of the road seems always strange for me anyway.
If you want to leave and try different things outside the resort, most of the staff will recommend a place or thing to do, but try always to set up things through the hotel lobby. I tried to go to a place using a "recommended cousin" from someone from the staff, and he never showed up, so I was forced to implement a plan B to go where we want it that day... Anyway, just plan ahead and things will be Ok..
So, I can see myself returning to this hotel. With a girlfriend.
Enjoy your stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windsong Overview A repeat favorite for guests, Windsong is a refreshingly intimate, Caribbean beachfront resort located on Grace Bay and Providenciales’ best coral reef. The resort enjoys exclusive TCI membership in Preferred Boutique Hotels and is a Trip Advisor “Top 25 Caribbean Hotel.” Daily Continental breakfast, WIFI, non-motorized watercraft, bicycles, fitness center, underground parking, and chilled water and towels--both beachside and at the oceanfront pool--are complimentary. Relaxing spa treatments, romantic candlelight beach dinners, Jojo’s refreshing libations and menu selections, and scheduled entertainment delight Windsong guests. All accommodations offer kitchens or kitchenettes and laundry facilities. Selections include 250 sq. ft. -- 4,480 sq. ft. and range from standard rooms, to studios, to exquisite 1-4 bedroom oceanfront and penthouse suites up to 4,480 sq. ft. Additionally, Windsong offers a unique, private oceanfront villa with a trellised oceanfront terrace and private plunge pool. All Windsong Rooms Include:Non-smoking rooms with keyless entryMarble flooring & ensuite baths10’ Ceilings & custom cabinetryPillowtop beds with Hilden linensFrette towels & bathrobesBvlgari toiletriesFlat-Screen/LCD/HD/Cable TVDVD • I-pod docking station • Alarm clock Room-controlled air-conditioningIn-room safe ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp. and getaroom.com so you can book your Windsong Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windsong Hotel Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Providenciales
- Windsong Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales