“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Book Direct and Save
Ranked #12 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel rooms were not ready at check in time. The rooms here are very nice but thats about it. The pool doesn't look as nice as it does on the website. There is only one casual dining option & the service is very slow. This is not a family resort. I stayed here with my husband and 3 yr old who was bored the entire time he was here. There were no other children and no pool toys and very few amenities. The hotel charged us $5 to rent a child snorkeling mask which he used for 15 minutes. Not that I can't afford $5 but for what we were paying this really should have been included. Taxi rides to and from the hotel were very expensive ($22-$30) round trip. The front desk was less than helpful. We asked about activities and the front desk and nobody told us about the beaches resort. We found out about it from another hotel guest and went for the day. If you are traveling with family, I highly recommend the beaches all inclusive resort. It's a beautiful resort a d a great value.

• Stayed March 2013

824 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I chose the Windsong after reviewing several resorts on TCI. I felt the Windsong provided everything that I desired for my vacation. After I arrived at the airport, I was disappointed that the Windsong did not provide transportation for their guests like some of the other resorts (like Beaches). Although I know it was an island and I expected it to be hot and humid, I had no idea how hot it was in TCI until I got in the taxi for my trip to Windsong. The taxi cost about $11 (USD) which was the reduced price as there were another couple in the taxi going to the same resort.

After a hot ride to the resort, I had one of the most uncomfortable check-ins I've ever experienced anywhere (I travel a lot). The AC at the front desk was broken and it was hot. To make matters worse, I was told by a very rude/arrogant front desk clerk (Ian) that a hold of $100 per night was being placed on my CC to cover incidentals. The total cost of $400 for a 4-night stay. Be prepared as I booked my trip through Travelocity and was not advised. If you did not have a CC with a credit limit that will cover your trip, you will be put in a precarious position. When I asked about this hold and not being advised about it up front, I was told by Ian that it should be expected. It went down hill from there.

Although my arrival was about 2 hours before check-in time, my room was not ready and I was told that, "well you know check-in is at 3..." Most resorts try to accommodate their guests if an available room is ready; however, I was told I can go have a cocktail at the bar. I'm hot, bothered from a rude check-in experience and told go have a cocktail. During my check-in, there was another couple who also checked-in and their room was not ready. The manager came out of her office and greeted the couple and apologized that their room was not ready and if it was a problem, she would upgrade them. I overhead this conversation and I wondered why I wasn't given the same consideration. There are several comparisons I could draw but I digress.

While I was waiting for my room, I had an opportunity to meet the resort staff (Akeem) at JoJo's Cafe as well as the resort/beach attendant, Charles. Their kindness and professionalism helped to turn what could have been a disaster into a relaxing vacation.

It's extremely expensive in TCI. Everything costs a hefty price. My one disappointment was the fruit selection at some of the restaurants including JoJo's Cafe on TCI. This is the 1st resort I've visited where papayas, mangoes, bananas, etc was not served. Instead, strawberries, cantaloupes and blueberries were served. Another disappointment (I know I said one) was the lack of activities at the resort. The only activity was the Jamaican Jerk Night which left much to be desired. Windsong is located down the beach from Beaches resort and every day/night, there is an activity going on for their guests. There are lots of opportunities for improvement and hopefully Windsong's Management will use the feedback to improve the services/activities provided.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I have just been to Windsong Resort,Grace Bay. It was the most spectacular trip we have ever been on! The resort is small and inviting. It is very quiet and you will not find obnoxious and loud people here. The staff is excellant and make you feel like family! We want to thank Annette who is the general manager for having such a wonderful staff! A special thank you to Rosie, Charles, Merylin, Royalton, and others who made us feel so welcome! Don't miss the Caicos Dream Tour which is a boat tour and snorkling! So much fun!! The beach is just amazing! very easy to find a comfortable lounge chair to relax and just gaze at the crystal clear water. The reef is right there for you to snorkle and view the beautiful fish, turtles and other sea creatures!. We ate all our meals at Jo Jo's Grill and the food was always fresh and delicious. Don't miss trying any of the conch dishes which are wonderful. My husband and I cannot wait to go back! We already miss our new friends we met on Turks and Caicos!!

Reigate
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel was recommended to me by the governor of the Turks and Caicos who stays there whenever he is in Provo. The recommendation came with full jusification. Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly reception staff and accompanied to the pool/bar area where we were introduced to the service staff and given a welcome drink.

The beach is perfectly located next to the best snorkelling area on Grace bay where baracuda, nurse sharks, countless varieties of colourful fish/coral and even turtles if you are lucky. Snorkelling equipment is available for hire at $5 or there is a glass bottom kayak which you can take out for free. The grace bay sand is powder soft and the water crystal clear so you are not likely to want to sit by the pool but if you do then it is well furnished with sun loungers and is clean with current chart music playing at a sensible volume.

The room was large and had a kitchenette (we had opted for the cheapest room) as well as everything you might require.

Watch out for breakfast which is a bit cheeky - they give you one drink (plus coffee), toast and fruit/yoghurt etc but eggs and waffles are a supplementary charge of $3.

The gentleman who controls the towels has bottles of water so be sure to befriend him and he will be able to save you buying them from the bar - you can of course bring your own drinks to the beach which i would recommend - the bar will provide cups of ice for you to chill your rapidly warming beverages.

dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have been going to Windsong Resort for five years now. Beautiful and easy going. Staff is wonderful, location can not be beat- sandy bottom or reef snorkeling, Windsong has them both. This is unusual for hotels on grace bay- you would have to walk or cab to get what Windsong has on its doorstep! We rented the Villa again, I would highly suggest considering it. Rooms are worth every penny as well, but if you want "old school" luxury- e.g. twenty steps to the beach- going around your private pool, no less, then Windsong and the Villa are for you!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Teaneck, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My parents bought my husband and I our honeymoon to the Windsong Resort. Upon arriving to the hotel, it didn't look too appealing. Once they showed you to your room, pool, and beach it was amazing! Very clean and spacious room. The only thing bad I would have to say was that it wasn't all inclusive. We probably spent about a thousand dollars just in one week for food. The only food that was included was the continental breakfast. Everything was extremely expensive and there wasn't much activities for us to do. It was very calm and relaxing, more for a family vacation with kids. The people who work there are extremely nice and love to have conversations with you. Pictures are attached to show you how beautiful it was.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pleasant Hill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Started our trip with a long flight from CA arriving after 8:30 pm so too dark to really explore. Received a warm welcome from Ian who checked us in and told us about what to expect--great to have the feel of the island instead of just another hotel greeting. The room were fabulous, clean and spacious. Woke up and decided to check out the view - incredible - with the best balcony!!! We had our mornng coffee and cocktails hours every day on this balcony. Charles was the man! He is the consumate gentleman and very hardworking guy. He's also great at what he does and his smile was contagious. Didn't catch the lounge chair guy's name but he was also great and personable. Enjoyed RJ - very mature, hardwoking and engaging and always happy. It was great to get to know about the island from a belongers view. Also, got the Jamaican influence from Akeem - don't worry, be happy! How can you not when you're at a top notch hotel with the best staff available! Brings drinks to the lounge chairs on the beach. The jerk party beachside was awesome too, great food, music and views. The breakfast was delicious too. Don't expect a lot of nightlife here - but you will get the most restful vacation with the most beautiful turquoise waters to soothe you soul. Great snorkeling right off the beach too. Tried several other places on the island and this was the best. Stay here - you'll be happy and rested!

Room Tip: Definately get an ocean front view! You won't regret it.