“Peaceful Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
London, United Kingdom
“Peaceful Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Sometimes you book a holiday to see a country or city, but in this case it’s worth booking a trip to Turks and Caicos just to stay at Amanyara. This is an experience like no other I can think of; a resort where the hyperbole is justified.

Things to like:

- The atmosphere: this is a place to relax and unwind, always calming and quiet. The resort is beautifully designed with plenty of space to roam on bicycle and a feeling of seclusion and privacy in your room.
- The food is incredible. We stayed for 5 nights with food included, and we were never stuck for a choice for any meal. All the food we had was on-par with other top restaurants we’ve visited which was a real surprise for a remote resort.
- Good range of equipment in the gym
- Fantastic tennis and yoga coaches and beach staff
- Not a cheap choice by any means but worth the money

Things which could be improved:

- The staff are overwhelmingly welcoming but I think some could be a bit warmer and friendlier. They’re always very discrete and polite but I think that doesn’t quite reflect the character of Turks and Caicos.
- Amanyara is a bit of a way from anything else. Fine if you don’t mind being isolated from the world, but not so good if you want to get a sense of Turks and Caicos culture.

No words can really describe how Amanyara feels, you have to try it.

Room Tip: We had a standard pavilion and didn't feel the need for a private pool because the main pool was...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

What's amazing :

The beach - beautiful and deserted.
The sunset
The sea
Dining in the villa where the food quality was generally excellent.

What's Good :
Staff at the beach bar who went out of their way to really try their very best to make our stay great and were personable and lovely.

What's underwhelming :
Compared to other resorts in the Maldives and Asia this is really starting to show its age and needs renovation - Examples being sun umbrellas with broken struts and torn fabric which remained broken throughout the stay. The rooms also need updating and are showing their age. There is also no where to sit in the room which is strange as if you do want to be inside at night away from mosquitos or the heat of the day then there is no where to go. I think the resort understand that maintenance and renovation is required because they were resurfacing the roads whilst we were there. This was noisy and interrupted our stay and we had not been advised of it at booking. The resort did make amends but only when pushed.

The management were mostly missing from the resort. I don't need management, but I do need a response if there is a problem and Aman resorts set themselves up as super responsive, so if they fail on this aspect then that's disappointing.

We also got the feeling some of the staff were unhappy / didn't enjoy their jobs, which again I think goes back to leadership and motivation. Maybe it was the low season, but then again maybe not...

So in all, whilst we had a lovely time because of the beautiful location and a couple of staff members who made all the difference, I wouldn't go back to Aman on this experience alone, as its not cheap and there is better value to be had for a more special experience at other locations, which is a real shame.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
South Barrington, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We have visited Amanyara twice in the last two years in February. It is heaven on earth. The private beach is pristine, the Ocean Pavilion private, tastefully decorated and scenic views. The service is outstanding the food is perfect for our tastes. But.. the best part is the staff. Management greets every new arrival and wished bon voyage to departing guests. The service staff quickly become known on a first name basis. We felt like family and were treated like royalty. Just a few examples: I complained of water clogged ears after snorkeling. A few minutes later I was given ear drops purchased at the store. On another occasion I was standing on the beach when an attendant asked for my sunglasses. When I asked why, he said I want to clean them for you. Wow. That never happened before and we travel to some very nice places. We are going back again next year, this time with our kids and grandkids.

Room Tip: Do everything at the resort. Options are comprehensive.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

No matter what I write about Amanyara, words and photos don't even begin to explain this location and most importantly the people. They are exceptional from the moment we arrived to when we left.

It felt like we were at home for a visit and when we left, everyone was at the door wishing us a safe trip and please come home soon. If I could truly explain the experience in words, I would. To understand Amanyara, you MUST experience the peace, beauty, tranquility and family that doubles as their employees.

Words don't explain this trip. It has set a new bar well above the Four Seasons and Trump....and others.

Don't think twice....! We will be back as soon as possible!

• Stayed July 2014
miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I just had our 2nd child and wanted a vacation away from it all just to relax and catch up on some sleep and alone time. We decided to use Ultimate Jet Vacations to pick out a place for us based on the criterias we wanted. Byron at UJV told us about this place and that it would be perfect for us We had never heard of it before as we usually do the Bahamas. He booked us the Ocean Pavillion because we wanted the ocean view and wanted access to a private cove like I had seen in the pictures. Not all the ocean pavilions have this access, some just have the view, but you can't really get down there to the ocean. But I had told Byron that this was very important because we wanted to have this private cove to ourselves. He assured us that he would make it happen and make sure he requested the right pavilion for us. Well when we got there we were blown away. We had Ocean Pavillion 124, and it was by far the best one you can get. I know this because we walked the rocks outside the Pavillions and saw the backs of others. Not only was the Pavillion amazing but the service was impeccable. The food was amazing as well, which is hard to find at tropical hotels. Another thing that Byron arranged was a private romantic dinner on the beach. It was something out of a movie. One thing about this resort is that you have no room keys, so when you go to dinners the servers some how know who you are and what pavilion is yours. you leave dinner when you want without being handed a bill at the end. The resort was extremely private, and even though they said they were busy, we hardly saw anyone else. for the 4 days we were there, 3 days we had the entire infinity pool to ourselves. My husband and I cannot wait to go back. Living in miami, it is a short flight away to seclusion and privacy, but close enough to not be too far from our kids if needed. This was also the first time we used a travel agency for our booking, as I am somewhat of a control freak and love to make all the plans myself. But I am soooo glad I did. it was nice to sit back and relax and have everything taken care of for me. And the surprises that Byron had for us throughout the entire vacation was wonderful. We def recommend checking this place out, and if you do, check out Ultimate Jet Vacations and ask for Byron.

Room Tip: Ocean Pavillion 124 has a private cove that you can walk down to
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived at Amanyara on a 5 night Season of Discovery package. When we arrived in our room…it was above expectations (despite seeing pictures). It was modern, luxury & simplicity at it's best. The grounds are magnificent, the pool area is uber Chic with more than enough chairs and 3 daybeds that always seemed available. The beach is one of the finest beaches we have ever seen. Water, sand & tranquility - all perfected. It did not hurt that the weather was incredible and water was in the high 80s. While NOTHING here is inexpensive, they do not nickel and dime you once you arrive. Wifi - Phone Calls - Mini Bar - ALL beach activities including snorkeling, kayak, sailing, paddle boards are all included. Drinks - another story. Cocktails start at $19 and go up from there.

Tennis courts as well as an hour with a pro are included daily. They provide everything for you. You get around the property on bikes if you choose, if not - a phone call and then someone arrives in a golf cart within minutes. Spa - while very small, was wonderful. The GM, Sven was always around to make sure needs were being met. He was very engaging and knowledgeable about not only Aman, but the island as well.

Shortcomings (yes, there were a few)….While the food is delicious, the options seemed somewhat limited after day 3. The service at breakfast and lunch fell short of expectations at a 5 star resort. Some more training and quicker response time to simple needs could be helpful. Also…it's HOT and not many escapes from the humidity. The beauty of the resort is that it is almost all outside….at night, the heat and humidity can be a little taxing.

Overall…it was an experience of a lifetime. Strongly recommend

Room Tip: Stay close to main building if you don't plan to bike to/from
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I came here with our little girl after a excursion to Malcom Beach. We called ahead and had not problem in getting in. The property is so elegant and unique that you forget you are in the island and taken to another level in this paradise. My husband and I are FS and Rosewood hotel fans and this hotel was way up there with them. We loved our lunch by the beach club, Putu our server was very friendly. We visited the nature center which is the kids club and my daughter was so happy there!
On the main entrance you can see like a tranquility pool or pond not sure how you call those- not swimmable as I saw jelly fish alive swimming in it!
We had for lunch the conch ceviche, fish tacos, corn on the cob plus drinks.
Menus didn’t have a price… I don’t find it unusual here..
I love how quiet and tranquil this place is!
Prices are expected for a place like this. You get an amazing service wherever you turn!
It is quite a drive and it is an adventure if you stay here and want to visit other properties for dinner!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!