“Amanyazing...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
miami
“Amanyazing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I just had our 2nd child and wanted a vacation away from it all just to relax and catch up on some sleep and alone time. We decided to use Ultimate Jet Vacations to pick out a place for us based on the criterias we wanted. Byron at UJV told us about this place and that it would be perfect for us We had never heard of it before as we usually do the Bahamas. He booked us the Ocean Pavillion because we wanted the ocean view and wanted access to a private cove like I had seen in the pictures. Not all the ocean pavilions have this access, some just have the view, but you can't really get down there to the ocean. But I had told Byron that this was very important because we wanted to have this private cove to ourselves. He assured us that he would make it happen and make sure he requested the right pavilion for us. Well when we got there we were blown away. We had Ocean Pavillion 124, and it was by far the best one you can get. I know this because we walked the rocks outside the Pavillions and saw the backs of others. Not only was the Pavillion amazing but the service was impeccable. The food was amazing as well, which is hard to find at tropical hotels. Another thing that Byron arranged was a private romantic dinner on the beach. It was something out of a movie. One thing about this resort is that you have no room keys, so when you go to dinners the servers some how know who you are and what pavilion is yours. you leave dinner when you want without being handed a bill at the end. The resort was extremely private, and even though they said they were busy, we hardly saw anyone else. for the 4 days we were there, 3 days we had the entire infinity pool to ourselves. My husband and I cannot wait to go back. Living in miami, it is a short flight away to seclusion and privacy, but close enough to not be too far from our kids if needed. This was also the first time we used a travel agency for our booking, as I am somewhat of a control freak and love to make all the plans myself. But I am soooo glad I did. it was nice to sit back and relax and have everything taken care of for me. And the surprises that Byron had for us throughout the entire vacation was wonderful. We def recommend checking this place out, and if you do, check out Ultimate Jet Vacations and ask for Byron.

Room Tip: Ocean Pavillion 124 has a private cove that you can walk down to
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We arrived at Amanyara on a 5 night Season of Discovery package. When we arrived in our room…it was above expectations (despite seeing pictures). It was modern, luxury & simplicity at it's best. The grounds are magnificent, the pool area is uber Chic with more than enough chairs and 3 daybeds that always seemed available. The beach is one of the finest beaches we have ever seen. Water, sand & tranquility - all perfected. It did not hurt that the weather was incredible and water was in the high 80s. While NOTHING here is inexpensive, they do not nickel and dime you once you arrive. Wifi - Phone Calls - Mini Bar - ALL beach activities including snorkeling, kayak, sailing, paddle boards are all included. Drinks - another story. Cocktails start at $19 and go up from there.

Tennis courts as well as an hour with a pro are included daily. They provide everything for you. You get around the property on bikes if you choose, if not - a phone call and then someone arrives in a golf cart within minutes. Spa - while very small, was wonderful. The GM, Sven was always around to make sure needs were being met. He was very engaging and knowledgeable about not only Aman, but the island as well.

Shortcomings (yes, there were a few)….While the food is delicious, the options seemed somewhat limited after day 3. The service at breakfast and lunch fell short of expectations at a 5 star resort. Some more training and quicker response time to simple needs could be helpful. Also…it's HOT and not many escapes from the humidity. The beauty of the resort is that it is almost all outside….at night, the heat and humidity can be a little taxing.

Overall…it was an experience of a lifetime. Strongly recommend

Room Tip: Stay close to main building if you don't plan to bike to/from
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I came here with our little girl after a excursion to Malcom Beach. We called ahead and had not problem in getting in. The property is so elegant and unique that you forget you are in the island and taken to another level in this paradise. My husband and I are FS and Rosewood hotel fans and this hotel was way up there with them. We loved our lunch by the beach club, Putu our server was very friendly. We visited the nature center which is the kids club and my daughter was so happy there!
On the main entrance you can see like a tranquility pool or pond not sure how you call those- not swimmable as I saw jelly fish alive swimming in it!
We had for lunch the conch ceviche, fish tacos, corn on the cob plus drinks.
Menus didn’t have a price… I don’t find it unusual here..
I love how quiet and tranquil this place is!
Prices are expected for a place like this. You get an amazing service wherever you turn!
It is quite a drive and it is an adventure if you stay here and want to visit other properties for dinner!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

In our opinion, a visit to T&C is not complete unless you enjoy dinner here. The pleasure to linger over your drinks, listen to live music, dance by the moonlight and enjoy a leisure and delicious dinner is a rather transcendental experience at Amanyara. This is highly recommended for a romantic dinner, or with friends. The bartenders are great company with expert skills for great cocktails. Worth the visit!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our third Aman Resort -Amangani & Amangiri, previously- ...as far Amanyara is the best! Impecable service, complete privacy, isolated from the common tourist islands standards.
Since we arrived last night we had been cathered to perfection - Thank you! Will be an unforgettable anniversary.
The sunrise ocean view this morning from room it was worth to write a poem - Spectacular!
Architecturally speaking...Beautiful!

Room Tip: Best room? Any! All of them are 'floating' in a reflective pool, all pf them perfectly locat...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

First, I would like to say thank you to Ben, Marco and Rosa. I arrived on the doorstep announcing that I had always wanted to see Amanyara especially after sending people to Bali and Jackson Aman resorts. I was even more impressed than I was expecting. In all my years of traveling and selling travel, these properties exceed all expectations in every way. Every student of architecture should visit. These suites are not just luxurious, they are heavenly. The details are everywhere. The staff is attentive yet invisible. The beach is wide and sandy, yet rocky and dramatic. Dining is a gastronomic event or a casual bite. Snorkeling and diving are just a few hundred feet in front of the resort. Kids are welcome, even pets are welcome! I would not hesitate to say that I believe the Aman Resorts to be the best in the world. This is the Bugati of hotels!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We actually snorkeled off of this hotel's reef. We were staying in another hotel but they allowed us to come over for breakfast. It is a private hotel off the beaten path. There is a large beach for walking and swimming and body surfing.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!