“Only a spa review...not impressed ” 2 of 5 stars

Amanyara
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Northwest Point, Providenciales   |
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Boston, Massachusetts
“Only a spa review...not impressed ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon 4 years ago and visited the spa only this time to celebrate our 4 yr wedding anniversary. The spa surroundings and treatment rooms are gorgeous, tranquil, peaceful, & very zen like but...I was not impressed with the actual massage at all. My husband and I paid over $500 (including tip) for two 50 or 60 min massages and they were just ok. My massage was pre-natal and they did not have a special pillow or bed for this type of massage which I found completely surprising for this type of spa. Since I reserved this months in advance; I wish they told me and I would have preferred a facial. The therapist seemed to be irritated that I didn't know how to assist her to position the random pillows she was using during the massage to support by belly & back. She even asked if I had a pre-natal massage before. I was 19 weeks at the time & I've had one every other week at home at a very high end spa the second I hit my 2nd trimester. In other words, I know how a good one is done. My impression is this person was not truly experienced in pre-natal massage which I find very worrisome. For this level of spa, I was disappointed and expected more. My husband also agreed it was just OK.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

I took my wife to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We have been to one or two Aman properties and they are all excellent. Mr. Frank helped me in making our arrangements and did a fabulous job. We were privileged to get Villa 130 (strongly recommended if you can arrange it). This villa is secluded like all the villas but it has a beautiful view of the daily sunset and as an added bonus a private cove where we swam every day. The pools and beach are very nice, but the privacy of the cove was special.

The restaurant staff arranged a private dining opportunity where the table is far away from the main dining. Dinner was exquisite as we watched the sunset while drinking champagne. Lois took magnificent care of our us. My wife decided to keep me for another 35 years and I give Amanyara all the credit.

Absolutely everything was perfect. The rooms are very comfortable. Each room is separate from the others so that you feel as if the island is all yours.

One afternoon my wife commented to Rosa Guest services Manager how in another Aman property we were talking to the chef and she mentioned how she liked oatmeal cookies. When we returned to our room that night Rosa had placed oatmeal cookies with a note just for my wife. Thank you so much Rosa.

Everyone makes you feel like royalty. The only thing we did not like was having to leave. Our stay felt far too short. Everything was exceptional and we look forward to returning. Thank you Marco, Ann Marie, Sven, Lois, Miss Cambodia, Jerry, Rosa, Antoine and all the staff for an exceptional experience.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

For our 30th wedding anniversary, we took a friend's suggested and made reservations for Amanyara's unnamed, unadvertised, and off - way off - the beaten track restaurant. A somewhat ominous guard-house complete with a crossing the Russian frontier horizontal pole gate, greats you, but once passed (having made reservations) we entered a magical world of water, and souring elegant Asian inspired architecture. The wait staff was kind, not stuffy and the mojito's crispy and fresh. We enjoyed our drinks, sipping gingerly as the sun set. There was nothing other than amazing with the dinner. The beet salad was juicy and firm, and asparagus salad tender, firm and sweet. Lamb for a main course is a good choice, but the black cod amazed, with pickled vegies made "just so." Everything was immaculate - there was not a beat that was missed.

Room Tip: We did not stay but only dined.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Unfortunately we just arrived for an incredible lunch, not a three day romantic getaway. While my brother in law and i may not want to be so isolated. .. our wives are ready to return tomorrow.

Our waitress staff (Yunet) was incredible and the food was amazing. Great fish and chips. Pad thai great. Coffee ice cream good. Shrimp taco amazing. Yes we like to eat.

Be ready to drive down a rocky road but it's worth the trip.

Arrive with time to relax. The perfect lunch and afternoon.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This has to be the most beautiful hotel in the Caribbean. Unique, sexy, fantastic setting. The pavilions ( their term for rooms ) are all the same, the views differ. Food, service, everything is perfect!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I read every single trip advisor review before booking -- and after traveling there for myself this past May 2014, I have to say, it was an experience everyone should have once & I cannot wait to go back! I was worried after reading negative reviews about the "black clouds", I did NOT SEE ONE!!

I owe the credit for this unforgettable trip to the outstanding employees that are just so kind and helpful. I witnessed them go above and beyond for their guests multiple times during my 7 day stay - including getting into the ocean to help a senior citizen snorkel off the beach for the first time in 10 years - helping a couple carry their big 8-10 year old sleeping child back to their room after dinner!! The quality of the pristine beach, fine dining, ocean view pavilion, and the SPA (harmony massage/acupressure facial) were out of this world! Even the towels were fluffy & amazing. Waking up to that amazing ocean view, and sitting outside to eat my delicious breakfast was the best part of the day :)

Thank you to the incredible Aman staff for making our trip one to remember for a lifetime. We'll be back!

Room Tip: most ocean view pavilions have a private (sometimes shared) cove.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The food is exceptional for a hotel both in taste and presentation. The service in the hotel overall is excellent. They have just the right balance between formality and friendliness. The cocktails are original, if not a tad weak on the on the alcohol side. Ask for a double. The beach is outstanding and rode the stand up paddle first day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!