“Bliss” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
NJ
“Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

For those of you who are looking for a slice of heaven, this is where you may find it.
We spent our time being spoiled by all the staff. My husband and I work VERY HARD and long hours...As parents and grandparents who LOVE to be with our family, this was to be a week of NO KIDS, rest, and relaxation was all we wanted!
If this sounds like your busy life, then Amanyara is where you want to be. This review will be personal to the staff, each and everyone deserves to be mentioned as they gave more than their all...Your driver arrived in a clean Range Rover, offered us cold water and asked us to choose the music we would like for our ride. Gerard (thank you), for the pleasant ride.You gave us a very informative drive about all the sights we passed making the ride a mini sight seeing adventure.

Upon our arrival Sven and Ben met us. OK, I may have fallen in love with these two stunning men at first sight....and then I fell in LOVE with AMANYARA!

The rest of this email is to say THANK YOU!!!! You made EVERY DREAM COME TRUE for the both of us!!!!

It is with so much pleasure to write this review with NOT ONE COMPLAINT!!!!

I also know that the clientele at Aman Resorts are people who appreciate a standard that is incomparable. They may be people who frequent boutique resorts regularly, and can afford the fine quality of Aman resorts often.

The rates are high, and my husband and I might not be able to be frequent visitors, we might however save over a long period of time in order to become AMAN JUNKIES! Visiting in August, and getting a Package made our stay affordable!

Naming names is a treat for me....

Sven and Ben, Thank you both for completely spoiling us!!!!! EVERY Detail, Every Meal, Our evening "gifts", and for the ENTIRE Aman experience of a lifetime!!!
Jackie, thank you for making every adventure; kayaking, snorkeling, and nature walk the such highlights of our stay! I could not have felt more cared for!!!!!!
Percy and Joey, thank you for making our beach days feel like it was our private beach! Sailing with you was glorious!
Morris, thank you for looking out for us and making us feel so secure.
Marja, thank you for stopping by, chatting and making us feel so at home!
Tanish, (and the others) thank you for serving us breakfast and lunch with your beautiful smile... a great way to start the day.
Kenyata, thank you for the warm greeting on our first day visit, and then mixed a special drink to my liking...maybe to be added to your tropical drink menu *)!
Our yoga teacher, and our massage therapists, thank you for your professional service!
Joel (and the others) at the beach restaurant, thank you for making the days of "liquid sun" feel as bright as the days filled with sunshine!
Eden and Josh and Earl, thank you so very for making every dinner a celebration to the end of our spectacular days. We loved our talks, your dedication and hard work!
The day and evening chefs, thank you for the exquisite and delicious meals!!!!
Our pavilion housekeepers and bar keeper, thank you for the wonderful thorough cleaning and keeping our room perfect in every way!
Customer relations, thank you for seeking to please! The flour-less cake as our goodbye gift was a thoughtful surprise!

So, dear AMANYARA friends, this might be the longest THANK YOU letter you have ever received, thanks for taking the time to read.
We appreciate the time and effort of all, and from the bottom of our hearts we are grateful!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room gives you the same magnificent quality. We chose a paviliion without a pool since we spen...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Everything was perfect. Me and my wife had a wonderful time in our honeymoon. This was an amazing luxury experience. We strongly recommend for special moments. Don't waste time going outside the Resort, because is the best spot in the island.

• Stayed May 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Unable to visit Parrot Cay today , my concierge in good faith suggested the Amanyara for lunch and pm swim .... Assured we could do this we were surprised to be lectured at the gate by a rather gormless lady who not finding our names went through a laborious tel exchange then gabbled the house rules .... No cameras , no swimming in the pools , no beach ....and clean your hands first , truly ....ah thought that was why we came ! Inside truly souless but presumably one of those minimalist hotels .... Truly a lovely location but a common theme was not one person smiled .... Lunch menu lovely .... Taste bland though cold peach soup was really nice followed by mango and prawn salad the mango of which had been put through a shredder that seemed to have cleaning fluid on it ....staff just unimaginably disinterest so we packed up and went back to the real world !

Sure there are those who will love the seclusion and peace though I would hope a degree of joy is offered by the staff .... a little .

Result no beach , no swim , clean hands and a rather overpriced average lunch .... Not for us . Other than service ignore scores below ... Computer said no

Room Tip: No idea?......
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Because i am a hotelier who have worked in mare than 4 five star hotel in the world i say AMANYARA is a great place to visit,The people who work there are more then great.As for me Hospitality is more then expected.We were just there for a visit to look around the hotel but we were treated as special guest.The team is well trained.calvin was so helpful and a great hotelier,thank you so much....

Room Tip: want privacy? then come hear:)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have experienced many sun & sea vacations in Asia including the amazing Maldives, this is my first trip to Caribbean and Amanyara did not make me disappointed.

Amanyara is located in a remote national marine park of Turks & Caicos island, I would suggest you spend at least 3, 4 nights inside the resort and not to waste time to travel outside during your stay. For people want to explore other parts of the island, better separate your stays for another few nights outside.

The previous reviews mentioned many good points about the resort, I mainly share some highlights in my trip:

1. There are rich marine life around the rocks on the beach of the Ocean Pavilions, they could be missed easily, they are not simply rocks but actually home of marine animals, tons of baby coral fishes, shell fishes, shrimps, sea urchins, etc. are living there, its simply an aquarium! Be caution of the sharp and hard rocks though.

2. Best food I've experienced in a resort all over the world, croissants and chicken / fish congee in breakfast are amazing. For room service at dinner, you could request them to serve course by course, simply romantic and wonderful.

3. Don't miss the complimentary private cinema, they serve pop corn, drinks and your selected movie at anytime when it is available!

Finally, thanks for all philippine staffs, they offer best service out of this world.

Room Tip: Definitely Ocean Pavilions, request one with your own beach
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

from aman resort fans this is great to have without far flung travel need. we loved it and will try any aman that opens near to nyc. Have had the blessing of staying at Aman resorts around the world and if I could would have an "amanhead" t-shirt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This resort is beautiful! It has amazing ocean views and the common areas are well designed to provide a sense of luxury and privacy. One of my favorite parts of this trip was that even though there were plenty of other guests at the hotel, it never felt crowded. We stayed in a pool villa and loved having our own private plunge pool.
I had great experiences with the spa, where I had two massages, and both of the restaurants. The food is very expensive but I think that is something you have to accept before you go to the Amanyara. It is isolated from the rest of the island which means that you will end up eating most meals there. A ride into Grace Bay costs $110 round trip for the hotel to take you.
The staff made this trip for us. Everyone knew our names from the first day, and always greeted us when we came to the main hotel areas. The same woman served us breakfast everyday by the main pool and she was such a sweetheart. I got sick while we were there and the hotel called a doctor for me, and then sent a driver into town to pick up my medicine and bring it out to me on the beach. I can't tell you how great the service was.
The only negatives to this place are the isolated location (if you wan to see more of the island), the price tag, and limited options for activities. I'm giving the hotel only four stars because the last night we were there it rained all afternoon, and we had roaches in our pavilion that night. That is disgusting, but I'm not sure there is much they can do about it in such a tropical environment.

Room Tip: Pool pavilion!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amanyara? Share your experiences!