“Simply Superb.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
Charleston, South Carolina
“Simply Superb.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

Not my first visit. For the traveller seeking luxury WITHOUT the crowds this is the place to stay. No food/beverage service but not needed. Units are superbly finished. Beach umbrellas and chairs are set up early in the morning. Iced water bottles at the pool. Ground floor units do have a mosquito issue more than the higher floors but not significent. Will be back.

• Stayed April 2012

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Worth, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Stayed a week at LeVele and were very pleased with the whole experience.
Pros:
1. Location is excellent--situated in the middle of the 12 mile Grace Bay---on Grace Point.
2. It is about 1/4 mile from any large resort on either side so you really feel like you have a large part of the beach to yourself--never crowded---don't have to go down at 7AM and stake out a beach chair and umbrellas like at some places
3. The suite was very well appointed--very modern--full kitchen-washer and dryer--large patio with lounge chairs and another table and chairs--free wi-fi--coffee maker with free coffee--the works
4. Towels and bottled water provided daily for the beach or pool
5. A light breakfast was brought to the room at a time of our choosing each morning--juice, fruit, croissants, bagels, etc.--some TA reviewers complain about this but we found it just right.
5. We found the staff to be very cordail and helpful from arrival to departure--very responsive to any requests or problems
6. It was less expensive that some of the bigger nearby Grace Bay resorts
Cons: not many
1. We found the bed to be a bit firm to our liking--we mentioned it to the manager and he had housekeeping put extra padding on the bed--solved
2.We inadvertently left a patio door open one night and had an influx of mosquitoes--likely a problem anywhere on the island (1st floor room--higher up may not be a problem)--told the manager and they immediately provided bug spray to eradicate the pesky critters--solved.
3. Some people's TA reviews complain about there not being restaurant--there are MANY great restaurants on the island--we found this a plus--we got to try a lot of very good different places to eat and not having a restaurant made our property less crowded
Suggestion:
You would do well to have a car here--Grace Bay itself is 12 miles long, and the island much longer--so it can be quite a hike to restaurants, shopping etc.--there are taxis, but we hear they are expensive--and you have to call and wait on them--with the car you could just get up and go when you wanted--LeVele has free parking as did all the other resorts we visited for dining.
Overall --highly recommended--we would definitley stah ther again when retuning to Provo

Room Tip: Ask for second floor or up--better view, more privacy
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful stay at Le Vele. Directly on the beach and a short safe walk to shopping and restaurants. Our fourth floor studio was clean, quiet and comfortable with a great view of the ocean from the balcony. Luxurious bathroom but the kitchenette could benefit from an upgrade. A chair and small table in the room would be welcome additions. The staff were attentive, knowledgable and cheerful - Clayton's sense of humour made us feel welcome and special. Trips to more distant attractions are easily accommodated by taxi which ,in turn, are made special if you request Coven or his wife. We hope to make a return visit in the near future.

• Stayed March 2012
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

So, we spent 5 nights at Le Vele last week. Here's the ups and downs:

As the title suggests, I think this may be the best location on the island. Why? The stretch of beach is very quiet, and it's pretty much on the mid point of the beach. All restaurants and resorts are within reach, you are 5 minutes walk to Bay Bistro, 10-15 to Grace Bay club.

The rooms were nice, although the decor shown on the website is certainly misleading. We stayed in a One Bedroom Suite and had a full kitchen, which was great. Most of the units here are Condos, people own them and they are rented out when not in use, this means you get different decor in each room, and I'd assume almost none of them look as nice as the ones shown on their site.

Also, our bed was not terribly comfortable. We slept alright for the most part, but by the last night there my back was pretty sore

Breakfast was as advertised, nothing special, but was perfect for what we wanted to get the day going. No restaurant is not a big deal for us, we ate out every night, and we went to the grocery store 5 minutes away and picked up some snacks, etc.

The resort itself was very quiet, almost felt like we were the only ones there, which was nice. We never heard anyone else making noise or anything.

As a whole, we would certainly recommend Le Vele, the major reason I am not giving it 5 stars is it wasn't quite what I expected. The pictures showing a one bedroom on the website are mostly from the two bedrooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
NEW YORK NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Very nice one bedroom suite condo units (warning: the studio units are not nearly as nice). One bedrooms have full kitchen, washer dryer, big balcony. Every room is ocean view & the ocean in from of the property is perfect--clean, seaweed free sand, smooth water. Swimming pool is great for lap swimmers, a rectangle of decent, if not enormous size.

So what's wrong? There is no restaurant attached to the property. While they deliver a (mediocre) breakfast to your room, NOTHING is available by way of food beyond that No snacks, no bar, no milk for coffee. I didn't feel like shlepping to the supermarket on the day I arrived so I asked for them to bring a little milk with breakfast (bagel, apple, banana). They "don't do that". No possibility (they provide non dairy creamer which is, in my opinion, disgusting). In the end I was able to get the restaurant where I had dinner to give me some milk, but honestly If the resort doesn't want to have a restaurant they should have a small store that sells snacks, juices, milk, etc.

It's ridiculous that they don't and, in my opinion, a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Avoid the studio suites.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
DCA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Our week in an oceanfront studio was quite nice. While the room only has a microwave and not a full kitchen, the cost savings of the studio vs the 1 bedroom paid for plenty of dining out at the numerous nearby restaurants. If you wanted to stay at Le Vele without a car it would be possible. There is a fair amount of shopping and dining within a 20 minute walk along the beach, as well as on the main road leading toward the hotel.

The room had plenty of space and everything for our needs, however, I disliked that the studio was connected to a two-bedroom unit by a door with a gap at the floor that allowed sounds and smells from the other unit's kitchen to pass through. The shower does not have a curtain or glass so water tends to spray onto the floor.

I found the staff to be excellent. Everyone was extremely helpful answering any questions or correcting any problems. They effortlessly arranged activities and made reservations for us, when we were struggling calling around. Breakfast was brought at the time you specified daily and was usually a bread/fruit/juice combination.

The beach chairs were set up early in the morning and were available until sunset. There were plenty of chairs for use, and towels were available every time we passed the supply.

There were a few small things that could have made Le Vele better, but the value for a beachfront studio was incredible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I visited the LeVele for 5 nights in Oct. This was my second trip to TCI that year and couldn't wait to return. I am rating LV two stars- one for view and one for the kitchen. We chose Le Vele because we were meeting friends that were excited for the modern accommodations but once we arrived we realized this was not the case. The photos will speak for themselves. After having a sleepless night on the horrible mattress I called management the next morning at 8:30 am left a message, then stopped by at 9:30 - he was on his break, then again at 11am finally at 2pm I found him. I had to re-explain everything- during the time I was 29 weeks pregnant and asked if there was a room available with a newer mattress hence more comfortable. The man at the front desk had showed me another room but the mattress was just as hard and agreed the mattresses where as old as the resort in at least in my two options. I asked if they could pad my bed and what the difference in a 2br upgrade would be as that is all they had left. Clayton the manager- treated me as if I was trying to get away with something instead of a displeased customer. He clearly didn't want to rent me the two bedroom because he would have to explain this to the owners as each room is individually owned... which is why they are all decorated different- so yes the picture on the website is the decor of only one room. So in the end he wanted to change my initial promotional rate of one night free claiming it was different in a one bedroom then a two. Which Clearly was not the case on the website but for the sake of not arguing I sucked it up and had to spend the rest of my babymoon uncomfortable. I also had to ask them about the dinner that was included in my rate- otherwise they would try to get away with not offering it. Breakfast was a joke- not only very late everyday- but very old pastries- yuck! The entrance was never mopped when it rained- so very slippery and dangerous. Housekeeping was pleasant but always very late in cleaning the room. A total disappointment!!!! then a manager that thinks because he has 20 yrs experience that qualifies you to be a good one. For the first time in my life- I was looking forward to coming home:( I recommend Villa Del Mar- clean, comfy, friendly staff and quiet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Le Vele Resort? Share your experiences!