So everyone pronounces it Level E.
There are certain givens about Grace Bay Beach in Providenciales: Perfect weather is near guaranteed. It's super clean (and what tiny bits of seaweed there are each resort sweeps and buries....manually or with never seen tractors) with super soft white sand, a very very gentle surf and miles of it for the proverbial "long romantic walks on the beach"! Such guarantee, of course comes with a handsome price tag.....but you get what you pay for.
So reading TA, Le Vele sounded just like what I wanted and they deliver. A handsome, sea facing (OK if you get a ground level accommodation you don't quite see the sand...but we were on the second floor and it was just fine), elegant, well located, QUIET, hands off, comfortable and restful stay. With a child unfriendly pool...it's about 5 feet deep end to end....no little swing set, etc...no restaurant...kids are the exception and so is noise. I often felt there were only 4 or 6 other people staying here. There's no pressure to do anything, which is exactly what we did. And yet the supermarket and several restaurants are near enough to meet your needs. And the supermarket, with its $4.79 cans of Progresso soup and $23 suntan lotions is an amusement park of a different kind.
For 7 years old the accommodations are great and holding up well. Quality of construction is obvious and daily tending keeps the place neat and elegant. The 2 bedroom apartment we had was elegant and very well furnished. Was it the model 7 years ago? The small pool facing balcony of the second bedroom had an outdoor fan...the only one. The outdoor and indoor furniture was top quality....though a touch up with a brown marker would do well hiding the occasional scuff marker. And the beds were heaven: thick pillow top mattresses that were the right combo of firm and felt like a cloud. The odd mattress cover/ sheet/ cotton blanket/ fitted sheet bottom layer was odd but likely protective and added to the comfort. Housekeeping was invisible and efficient. The jetted tub (even the "studios" have one) and Acca Kappa amenities were delicious. The front desk was pleasant and efficient. The DVD library well stocked. Oh and the bikes and kayaks are there for when you want.
Final note: while Provo is expensive, look carefully at Le Vele's website terrific value added promo. I don't think occupancy rates and the Real Estate boom are what everyone would like you to believe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small is beautiful--less is more. Le Vele is located on the most exclusive stretch of Grace Bay between Point Grace and The Mansions; a magnificent luxury beachfront condo resort consisting of 22 ultra spacious, impeccably designed one, two and three bedroom beachfront condominium suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Vele Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Vele Hotel Providenciales
- Le Vele Providenciales
- Le Vele Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales