“Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
New Jersey
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The Regent Palms hotel, pool, and white sand beach are pristine. Grace Bay had the softest sand and clearest water I have ever seen. The hotel was beautiful and clean. When we first arrived we were booked into our garden view room which was very spacious, however it seemed there was an issue with the air conditioning. After a few calls complaining to the front desk (who were polite but not proactive) I asked for a manager. Quasi was immediately responsive and upgraded our room to ocean view with a properly working air conditioner. (The air conditioner never gets freezing because it is set to reset when any doors open but it was very comfortable). I was very impressed with his quick and kind response, he didn't make me feel like I was just another guest complaining. From there the rest of the trip was perfect, the pool was paradise and never felt crowded, and we were always able to get set up with beach or pool chairs no matter what time. Lunch at plunge was good and our dinner at parallel 23 was amazing, the steak was delicious! We will be back here in the near future!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Charleston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 6 nights here in the past week. Here is a quick breakdown of the good and not-so-good:

Good -

Beach is beautiful. Clearest water, white soft sand. Virtually no waves, so calm

Spa is great. Had two treatments and both were excellent. Been to more higher end places, but this was good for this trip.

Location is close enough to walk to other restaurants up and down the beach. Within a mile of the main strip with shopping and other places to eat

Pool was nice and relaxing most of the time. Kids do make noise, and that is understandable. That is what the IPod was for.

Manager during breakfast (sorry I didn't get his name) was very courteous and friendly. Fairly basic breakfast, which is included, was good to have for several mornings.

Not so good -

Walls are soooo paper thin. Every time someone left or came into their room, it sounded like they were slamming the door. Conversations were as if they were in your own room. They need to fix this. I couldn't have been the only one to experience this. I can't imagine what it sounds like during the busy season. This reason alone is why I would not stay again.

Some staff was very friendly, but overall, the management could talk to them about smiling when you pass by. Just seemed so unapproachable sometimes. Again, some, not all were like this.

Prices on food was just unreasonable. I've stayed in some nice places and expected to pay for it, but the quality was way better for the cost. Plus, it was so confusing about tipping when they appear to add a service charge. Who does that go to? Between the service charge and tax (I understand that is for the government) it's nearly 30%. Room service was Caesar salad with shrimp, side of Mac and cheese, and an apple pie for over $75. Just didn't expect that when it wasn't anything spectacular.

I'm 42, so I don't hit the clubs like I did when I was 22. But there was virtually nothing to do on the resort. I don't want to give this resort a below par rating, but for my wants and needs, it just didn't live up to the hype some people have given it. Basically, as a solo traveller, it didn't work for me.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Great experience. The grounds are immaculately kept. The rooms are clean, the linens are quite luxurious, the pool and pool bar are a great time, and of course it sits on Grace Bay which is one of the top beaches in the world. Included in your hotel rate is the morning brunch which is buffet style and you can order omelettes as well. And it's all very, very good. The staff in general ranges from meh to fantastic, but ranked against the other places on the island they're at the top of the list. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel set upon the most gorgeous beach I've ever seen! I've always wanted to go somewhere where the water is that clear/turquoise color and the sand is white and soft...and Grace Bay, Providenciales is it! We chose the Regent Palms because it looked like a good deal and was directly on the beach. Our expectations were totally blown out of the water! The accommodations are clean and luxurious - they gave you everything you wanted (restaurants and bars on premise, and in the rooms: mini kitchen, A/C, TV, large bed, nice big bathroom with little toiletries). The food and drinks were great (quite expensive, but comparable to the rest of the island I think...$13 for a glass of wine and $14 for a pina colada and lunch would cost us about $40 +, dinner was usually $100+ for entree and glass of wine) and the service was unbeatable! Everyone was so nice and helpful and attentive...I felt like a celebrity! The hotel had a really nice pool, poor bar and beach bar as well as great tanning space on the beach (private cabanas, which we always found an open spot). The beach itself was just amazing. The water is so warm and so clear and so inviting! We saw a few small fish, but it was definitely safe and a great place to just hang all day. The staff offered really great recommendations on things to do as well. I'm a mid-twenties woman traveling with my boyfriend, whose also mid-twenties, and we really enjoyed the Provo Dream boat excursion, which took you snorkeling on a private island, fed you fresh conch salad and offered unlimited rum punch. They also gave us a map for local bars, stores and a local grocery store in town and so we ventured into the town on the hotel bikes one day to pick up a few groceries (a good way to save a few pennies since you have a fridge in the rooms). We also were recommended to go to the Fish Fry on Thursday nights. We had fun there, but didn't stay long. It was definitely festive and put you into the island vibe - we had rum drinks straight out of a coconut and some pretty good jerk chicken and rice and peas. It's on the beach as well, so we had a nice view of the sunset when we were there. We actually walked home to our hotel on the beach...definitely a hike, but if you're used to walking, it's a nice trip! Another recommendation was the Mango Reef restaurant, which was at the next door hotel. I really enjoyed this place! The food was delicious (decadent and not too badly priced...loved the coconut shrimp) and the setting was gorgeous (it's open air and straight on the beach). Definitely a must if you want a romantic night out with your partner. The staff there were also very warm and attentive! All in all, I completely and 100% recommend this hotel and this island to anyone that wants a fun, relaxed, easy and beautiful vacation on a tropical island. I can't express enough how easy and relaxing the whole experience was and how gorgeous the beaches are here...I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: We had the junior suite, which was on the bottom floor. I thought it was perfectly adequate, but if...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Had quite a good time. The hotel is in good condition and the staff are generally quite friendly (unlike at the Grace Bay Club). The Spa is excellent. The only thing that I did not love was the fact that the hotel feels quite cramped, but that is a given in T&C.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bay Village, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We loved the Regent Palms from the moment we stepped into the beautiful lobby, made our way to our room and saw the gorgeous view! The staff was always very nice, helpful and full of smiles. The room was so clean that it sparkled and housekeeping kept it that way. The décor was elegant and well-maintained. Our balcony was just above the palm trees and we could see both the pool area as well as the beach and beautiful Grace Bay.

Two and a half days before we were to leave, I had a nasty accident (laceration on my foot) which was no one’s fault but my own. I needed immediate medical attention and I got it with help of the Regent Palms. When the staff saw my injury, they hurried me into a beach wheelchair, gave me bottles of water and clean towels so that I could rinse my foot and apply pressure. They hurried me to the lobby where a car was waiting to take me to Grace Bay Medical Center (which I will also review). My treatment at the medical center was excellent and Jai, one of the staff members, was with my husband and I from the beach through the return trip back to the resort. I was given a resort wheelchair for getting around and encouraged to sit at the pool and deck with kind words and help all along the way. Nehemiah, another staff member, was at breakfast with his bright smile and encouragement aiding us in any way he could. He also checked up on us on the ocean deck in the evening. I couldn't have asked for a more caring environment while being so far away from home. The resort managers, restaurant servers, housekeeping and everyone in-between made the last couple of days very pleasant considering what had happened. It’s easy to be a great resort when everything is going well, but the mark of a truly superior resort can only be measured when something doesn't go well. Regent Palms is a truly Superior resort!

Room Tip: We loved our room on the 4th floor in Building #1.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I went to the spa. I had the reflexology. It was nice as was the surrounding. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. I also had a mani, pedi, I felt like the lady doing the service felt as thou it was beneath her. The only reason I didn't just leave was because they make you pay for it up front. Other than that, everyone else was very nice and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to The Regent Palms? Share your experiences!