“Amazing time at The Regent Palms” 5 of 5 stars

The Regent Palms
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Grace Bay, Providenciales   |
Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Albany, Georgia
“Amazing time at The Regent Palms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed there in early October.

First Off Ask for Kenny the Concierge.

He took care of literally everything we needed done. We started thru emails which if there was anything we needed clearified he called us just to make sure we knew. He planned our entire trip from Dinner reservations to Activities. He even let every Restaurant we were going know we were celebrating a special occasion. We got him to show us a 3 bedroom suite to know what it would be like to bring the rest of the family back which we will be back most definitely after that experience. Another great thing which I'm not sure if he wants this put out there is he's a military brat with such great manners. We couldn get him to stop calling us sir and mam, He really tried tho.

Thanks again Kenny for the great experience. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in 2010 and loved every second of it. We wanted to go back to Turks & Caicos, but were skeptical of 'getting to know' another resort. So we returned to the Regent Palms.

We were extremely glad we did.

Not much was new, but what was there in 2010 was maintained perfectly and the smiling staff (many that were there in 2010) were a welcome sight.

What we appreciated most was the fact that if something was wrong they fixed it. The breakfast the first day was slow and unorganized. We mentioned it and the next morning it was fixed. The first night turn-down service didn't come around till 9pm. The rest of the trip they were there by 7:30 at the latest.

It's great staying at a resort that a) maintains their property b) keeps their staff happy (judged by the # of years most of them have been there and c) admitted when they were wrong and fixed the problem.

The other thing we noticed as we wondered around to other resorts was the fact that The Regent Palm's pool does not block off the view of the ocean, but many other resorts do this. Not sure why, the view is the best part!

We concluded our trip by booking a return trip this winter!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

RhodaKaye provided exemplary service at The Regent Palms. She was friendly, knowledgeable, informative, and humorous and made our stay more memorable. The excellent service she provided was a perfect complement to the beautiful interiors. It is employees like RhondaKaye who make the decision to have the Regent Palms and the Turks & Caicos be a permanent destination a no brainier.
Kudos to RohndaKaye for helping me fall in love with the Regent Palms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We selected Regent Palms as it had the most beautiful grounds (we'd visited four of the 5star resorts on Providenciales) Although the pool was closed for renovation it didn't affect our enjoyment as the resort sits on a gorgeous stretch of beach.
Our suite was perfect with superb views overlooking the beach & beyond. The staff are all very professional and we found Pearlie at front desk reservations particularly helpful with our requirements. Also Joseph who worked tirelessly on the beach ensuring all guests were comfortable & well hydrated!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property to anyone travelling to TCI.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view room - anything above second floor has lovely sea views. Rooms are spacious &a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I don't think you can beat the Turks and caicos no matter where you stay with the amazing beaches and turquoise waters.
The regent palms had beautiful rooms And the service was very nice.No complaints at all. People were friendly in passing And all your needs are taken care of.
Plentiful water top ups, And beach towels were always available.
There is wifi everywhere on the resort. Even the beach.
Free telephone calls to the us and Canada from your room.
the pool was huge and hot. A little too warm I'd say. But very enjoyable.
My only cleanliness complaint was broken glass I found on my bedroom floor.

• Stayed September 2013
Union
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As with the previous three visits. The Regent Palms always makes us feel right at home. I would like to extend special kudos to Jai and Arnell (The Cabana Guys). These two individuals go above and beyond their normal duties. They always meet my wife and me with smiles, towels, water and umbrellas even before we have to get their attention. I really look forward to returning in 2014…..

As for the accommodations. My wife and I are lucky enough to stay in an ocean front suite. Which by the way the staff had to do a bit of shuffling at the last minute. This was due to the airline rescheduling our flight a few weeks before we were due to arrives. Anyway we had our usual room prepared for us when we arrive. (GREAT JOB STAFF!).

The Regent Palms is a CLASS ACT in our book. And we cannot wait to return in 2014. Keep up the GREAT work! And don’t change anything………

Sincerely
USA

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We vacationed here in late June 2013 for our 10th Wedding Anniversary! My husband offered me anywhere in the world and I instantly chose Turks and Caicos for this special celebration!
We LOVE Turks and Caicos, the island is beautiful, the people are wonderful and the hotel offers a clean and spectacular surrounding in the middle of paradise!

The Pool View Suites are just gorgeous! Very clean and spacious complete with viking stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. The room had a lovely dining area and cozy family room. The bedroom is off of the lovely living room and boosts a classy decor with a full separate glass shower, a Jacuzzi and double sink wash room. There is also another half bathroom upon walking into the suite! Just beautiful!

The grounds are always well kept, the pool was gorgeous with a swim up full service bar which we had a great lunch menu (Grilled Grouper, Pizza and the Spicy Jerk Chicken Wrap and a special one day of Chicken Quesadilla) were among our favorites and my daughter enjoyed the kids menu here too...! The pool has an infinity edge which is so nice and the water was as warm as bath water, the swim up bar has seats and little tables in the water too...so cute! We loved the round beds you can grab in the morning along the pool edge and the lounge chairs were plush as well. They provide Plush towels for you and complimentary water bottles throughout the day. Depending on who was staffed at the pool, the pool attendants are supposed to come around a couple times a day with a complimentary tray of frozen fruit skewers for your enjoyment as well as cold wash cloths to cool you down. In all 3 trips here, the service at the pool has not been consistent. The pool attendants do work very hard but this an area where the hotel can improve on customer satisfaction. The overall condition of the pool is starting to show some wear and tear over the past few years. We also felt that is time to do some minor repairs but we only noticed because this is our 3rd time around. The hotel did have a great spa but we did not try it.

We also love the little market store at the hotel called "Spice" where one could find snacks, coke, apple juice boxes, laughing cow cheeses, other great cheeses, bread, pop tarts (my daughters favorite) beer, wine, bottled water, chips, diapers, suntan lotion, and some necessities etc. This came in handy and saved us money rather than paying $4 for a coke on the property, you could buy them here for $2...or stock your room for the week and have these items handy for snacks at night! There is also a nearby grocery store that many people utilize as well!

This time around they offered a full complimentary breakfast buffet that was such a wonderful addition to the continental breakfast. It provided hot and cold breakfast items for all guest from 7am-10:00am. Here you will find complimentary coffee, pancakes, sausage eggs, bagels, English muffins, toast, jams, fruit displays, pastries, cereals, milk etc.

The Beach and Ocean were truly what makes this destination a must see! In all my travels I have never experienced such beauty from the sand and ocean. The sand is the most soft, purely white fine grains of sand and ocean is the most clear turquoise blue water that looks almost surreal! I usually do not go in the ocean because I don't like not being able to see what I am swimming with in the ocean, but this was so clear and clean that you could literally drop a quarter and see if is head or tails at the bottom of the ocean floor! AMAZING!

Service: The Service overall is above average on the island. Yes, it can be considered "spotty" but I think that is how island service typically can be. There were some staff members that really stood out at our hotel...The pool attendant, Joey was always helpful. Danny was also a great Pool Attendant. The Beach attendant who really went above and beyond throughout our entire stay during all 3 trips here is Jai! Jai truly is amazing and works so incredibly hard! He always lends a hand, anticipates your needs and greets you with a smile everyday! Jai deserves special recognition because he truly is a gem at this hotel! The concierge staff, especially Ariker were all a pleasure to work with. Ariker was excellent in booking our nightly dinner reservations! I contacted her prior to arrival and she had everything arranged for us when we arrived. Pearlie, she is another gem at this hotel! Pearlie is always eager to please and works so hard to make sure that everything is perfect during your stay! Thank you Pearlie for all that you did for us during our vacation! We look forward to seeing you next time! At Plunge (the pool bar), all the staff here is incredible! They are so gracious, accommodating and happy to serve your needs. Nevel, Colmeleta, Michael and Linda were all exceptionally fabulous! These individuals went out of their way to make sure our vacation was the best service they could provide at the swim up bar! All these staff members should all be recognized for their hospitality and dedication! These individuals make us return back to the Regent Palms year after year! They are all our island friends and The Regent Palms just wouldn't be the same without them!

Restaurants we've tried for dinner and enjoyed : All food and drinks on the island are expensive as other reviews had mentioned. You can expect to spend about $180 a dinner (that was our average with usually 1 salad or appetizer for the table, including tip and a kids meal and 1 glass of wine for my hubby, and a pop for myself.)
Coco Bistro- Is a must try! It is an outdoor scene with gorgeous palm trees coming from the ground surrounding the tables and just a truly delicious meal! My husband had the Curry chicken and I had an excellent steak. Kids menu was great too.
Bella Luna- was a delicious Italian meal. I had the lasagna and my husband had gorgonzola gnocchi's and my daughter had spaghetti. We also had the white mussel appetizer that was one of the best I have ever tasted! The food was great and we went back twice during this trip!
Magnolias- a must! It is the only hilltop restaurant with an amazing view overlooking the city and ocean. We went at sunset and it was incredible. The owners sat us and took our order but they were not very welcoming. Everyone we spoke to said they felt that way too. You won't get a big smile and friendly tempo here but you will get them most amazing food and incredible view! My husband and I both had the beef tenderloin which was cooked to perfection! This meal was terrific, My daughter enjoyed her dinner here too and she is not easy to please!
Parallel 23- This restaurant is located at the Regent Palms and it wins best restaurant on the island year after year. It an upscale restaurant with dress code, men must wear either long pants or nice dress shorts. Just bring a nice outfit for this place. All the men had dress shorts accept for a few of the older gentlemen with long pants. The food was great. Beautiful ambiance. My husband had duck which was perfectly prepared and I had the filet which was perfect. This menu is a la cart so it does get pricey here- $220 for our dinner. The service was good .The scenery is very pretty.
Bay Bistro- this was a great find. This is an ocean view restaurant and I highly recommend it for your last night of your vacation. I would only go if you are going at sunset, as it is the most beautiful end to your trip. Request a table at the end of the deck closest to the ocean and you won't be disappointed as you enjoy a wonderful meal in view of palm trees, the most amazing sunset that you feel as though you can reach out and touch and relax as you realize you just found a little slice of heaven on earth!
Anacaona: One of our favorite island restaurants! Beautiful outdoor ocean side restaurant! One of the best dining experiences!! Excellent service, spectacular food, and gorgeous ambiance!

We also use a wonderful taxi driver during our visits~ Request “Dr. Love.” He has good prices, a very clean van, provides excellent service and is a really great man with wonderful stories. He gave us permission to post his cell number (649)-242-1233 so you can reach him or just request him; everyone knows who he is on the island! We consider him our dear friend in Turks and Caicos!

Hope you get a chance to experience the beauty of this amazing resort in the middle of paradise!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Regent Palms? Share your experiences!