Oh my , this was just a lovely holiday made special by the incredible beaches , the stunning warm sea and the great weather .... Low season yes but a tremendous venue booked at short notice through the excellent airline , JetBlue ....we had a wonderful time relating more to what we enjoyed than how we were received .... The hotel s superb though breakfast falls so short of 5 star standards and the staff barely raise a smile ... Management please address ... The accommodation is superb and I would suggest you make friends of the concierges Berson and Kenny both of whom went out of their way to assist and make our trip special ... Try jet skiing , quad biking , water sports , golf , boat trips , tennis , swimming , all great fun .... The island is not cheap and is being destroyed by corruption and excess building and most likely will be ruined as the core of the island is wrecked by poor vision , bad execution and a central dumping of waste and chaos .... Superb hotel food outside of breakfast .... We were never bored but so wanted to grip the place and treat the visitors as guests not buyers of real estate !!
A few lessons ....
1 recognise this is not a business hotel and you will wait for ever for emails if directed through hotel ,
2 use Berson and Kenny , they are great guys and can fix anything
3 take a trip on a boat via Caicos Tours .., seek out Kwee and Licky who will provide the best ay out ever ...
4 do not ever use a taxi ... They charge per person not by the journey and are a total rip off ....
5 you will get ripped off with a hire car ... Hertz is a franchise op and when you arrive you will find your cost inflated 50 % by taxes and local charges .... Oh and she will not raise a smile
6 eat at Hotel or grace bay club .... Coco bistro heavily recommended but in truth just awful tourist trap
7 try to get to areas away from grace bay , this is heavily overbuilt and though pleasant much more fun is had elsewhere ....
Be prepared for US tipping policy ... 15 % on every invoice then left blank for further tips ... So funny ESP when few smiles exist
You will have a great time but do laugh at the pool bar service , so inept and the huge lumps missing from the bottom of the pool .... Come on management get a grip and provide 5 star service .....the experience is more about weather , sea and sand than hotels that address the US market but fall well short of true 5 star levels .....,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps away from the flawless white sands and sparkling sapphire waters of Grace Bay - one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - The Regent Palms Turks and Caicos is ranked among the Caribbean's finest hotels, and the top hotel in the Turks and Caicos. Boundless ocean views at our Grace Bay resort from stylishly-appointed rooms and suites ensure peace and tranquility while world-class amenities; including a 25,000 square foot spa and state-of- the-art infinity pool, promise rest and relaxation. A well-equipped Fitness Centre, together with water sports and tennis cater for more active guests and a dedicated children's' club provides fun and excitement for our younger guests. A level of style and comfort that sets new standards Unforgettable luxury at the heart of one of the Caribbean's most glorious beaches comes as standard at the The Regent Palms Grand Resort and Spa. Whether you opt for a guest room with infinite views of the ocean or landscaped garden or prefer to spread out in one of our spacious penthouses, you will discover a level of style and comfort that sets new standards for the Turks and Caicos. All guest rooms feature hand-tufted king-size bedding, high-speed Internet access and cable television while a number of luxurious suites also boast a washer/dryer and a full kitchen complete with Viking appliances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Regent Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Palms Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- Turks Caicos Palms
- The Regent Palms Turks And Caicos/Providenciales