My family of 5 (3 kids ages 9,8 and 3) just visited at the end of April and had a great vacation.
If you are looking for an easy get away from the tri-state area with luxury accommodations, this is the place. Having never been to T&C I looked for recommendations from trusted friends and this was really best option. Most folks have visited the Beaches all inclusive resort (and loved it) but unless you enjoy hanging out with 1500 people and Elmo on your vaca, the regent palm is more our speed. We had an ocean view 1 bedroom suite. It was perfect. However next time I would prefer to be in building 3 instead of 2 to have an even better view you can upgrade to ocean view but don't think it is worth the extra money. I wasn't aware until we arrived that we had a full Viking kitchen. Handy when you have kids and next time we will stop at the IGA next to the airport to pick up beer ($2 vs the $9 at the pool), wine, snacks milk etc...you can get some basics groceries the hotel if needed. We never had issues with lounge chairs in fact we felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. The kid club is great, especially since my kids were basically the only ones there. Nadine the camp counselor was fantastic and she was also our baby sitter in the evening. The restaurant was very good, actually one of our best meals on the island along with the highly recommended Coco Bistro which is a short cab ride. The rest of our meals were just a short beach walk and very causal. Nothing too exciting as far as the food goes (spoiled New Yorker!) but decent. Just steer clear of the Bay bistro which my daughter found multiple hairs in her grilled cheese-ugh!
So here are my negatives, but as I mentioned we would return despite my sort of negative observations:
Service is a little slacking particularly when sitting around the pool. Don't expect to have people regularly asking you if you'd like a drink or food. Also once you finish a drink, be prepared to get up and throw out your garbage otherwise it will sit until the wind blows it away. New fresh towels? Got to get up and get yourself. I didn't mind doing since I was always up anyway and if you do ask someone they are more than happy to do, but just not the level of attention you would expect at $1200 a night.
For the kids camp it starts at age 4...that was a problem since my youngest is 3.
The island doesn't seem to recycle anything which felt wrong.
Our housekeeper didn't make up our room one night and mgmt didn't really seem to care.
Also on one night a different babysitter didn't show up so they had to get a last minute person to fill in (an hour later). Again you'd think they would waive the babysitting fee but didn't.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just steps away from the flawless white sands and sparkling sapphire waters of Grace Bay - one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - The Regent Palms Turks and Caicos is ranked among the Caribbean's finest hotels, and the top hotel in the Turks and Caicos. Boundless ocean views at our Grace Bay resort from stylishly-appointed rooms and suites ensure peace and tranquility while world-class amenities; including a 25,000 square foot spa and state-of- the-art infinity pool, promise rest and relaxation. A well-equipped Fitness Centre, together with water sports and tennis cater for more active guests and a dedicated children's' club provides fun and excitement for our younger guests. A level of style and comfort that sets new standards Unforgettable luxury at the heart of one of the Caribbean's most glorious beaches comes as standard at the The Regent Palms Grand Resort and Spa. Whether you opt for a guest room with infinite views of the ocean or landscaped garden or prefer to spread out in one of our spacious penthouses, you will discover a level of style and comfort that sets new standards for the Turks and Caicos. All guest rooms feature hand-tufted king-size bedding, high-speed Internet access and cable television while a number of luxurious suites also boast a washer/dryer and a full kitchen complete with Viking appliances. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Regent Palms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Regent Palms Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Hotel Providenciales
- Regent Providenciales
- Providenciales Regent
- Turks Caicos Palms
- The Regent Palms Turks And Caicos/Providenciales