“Would visit again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Setauket, New York
“Would visit again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 (3 kids ages 9,8 and 3) just visited at the end of April and had a great vacation.
If you are looking for an easy get away from the tri-state area with luxury accommodations, this is the place. Having never been to T&C I looked for recommendations from trusted friends and this was really best option. Most folks have visited the Beaches all inclusive resort (and loved it) but unless you enjoy hanging out with 1500 people and Elmo on your vaca, the regent palm is more our speed. We had an ocean view 1 bedroom suite. It was perfect. However next time I would prefer to be in building 3 instead of 2 to have an even better view you can upgrade to ocean view but don't think it is worth the extra money. I wasn't aware until we arrived that we had a full Viking kitchen. Handy when you have kids and next time we will stop at the IGA next to the airport to pick up beer ($2 vs the $9 at the pool), wine, snacks milk etc...you can get some basics groceries the hotel if needed. We never had issues with lounge chairs in fact we felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. The kid club is great, especially since my kids were basically the only ones there. Nadine the camp counselor was fantastic and she was also our baby sitter in the evening. The restaurant was very good, actually one of our best meals on the island along with the highly recommended Coco Bistro which is a short cab ride. The rest of our meals were just a short beach walk and very causal. Nothing too exciting as far as the food goes (spoiled New Yorker!) but decent. Just steer clear of the Bay bistro which my daughter found multiple hairs in her grilled cheese-ugh!
So here are my negatives, but as I mentioned we would return despite my sort of negative observations:
Service is a little slacking particularly when sitting around the pool. Don't expect to have people regularly asking you if you'd like a drink or food. Also once you finish a drink, be prepared to get up and throw out your garbage otherwise it will sit until the wind blows it away. New fresh towels? Got to get up and get yourself. I didn't mind doing since I was always up anyway and if you do ask someone they are more than happy to do, but just not the level of attention you would expect at $1200 a night.
For the kids camp it starts at age 4...that was a problem since my youngest is 3.
The island doesn't seem to recycle anything which felt wrong.
Our housekeeper didn't make up our room one night and mgmt didn't really seem to care.
Also on one night a different babysitter didn't show up so they had to get a last minute person to fill in (an hour later). Again you'd think they would waive the babysitting fee but didn't.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have been frequent guests at The Regent Palms and we have never been disappointed. The service goes above all expectations and the resort is perfectly kept. Having a full breakfast included is a wonderful plus but it is the beach, pool and ocean that will keep you coming back. Everything is designed to keep you happy, relaxed and comfortable.

Room Tip: We stay in a junior suite which is large and lovely.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights with my wife for a getaway...

HOTEL DECOR:
extremely nicely designed, has a west indian plantation feel, with luxurious, chic decor. the lobby is very nice, as is the entrance which is understated elegance. the grounds are lush and extremely pretty with large bugenvelas everywhere and other flowers and plants. extremely well manicured grounds, very clean and quit.

RESTAURANTS:
there is one main restaurant (paralell 23) which seemed to be very popular, but we found the menu options limited (lots of seafood, not much else, and kind of exotic). also, there are several excellent dining options on the island, within a 15 min walk or 5 min cab ride (coco bistro, lemon care, pizza pizza **excellent wood fired pizza**, thai, vix cafe, etc etc).

the breakfast buffet, which was included in our rate, was not up to par. options were limited and of low quality (strange egg substitute, warm milk and fruit, old looking danishes, sausage and bacon every day).

POOL AREA:
clean, plenty of staff to attend to you, very pretty and nicely designed, with lots of available lounge chairs. there is 1 large pool, which extends toward the beach and is infinity. one end is kids and the other end (toward the beach) is adults only, but kids do invade. it would be niceer to have 2 separate pools. there is a swim up bar and pool side lunch bistro which has acceptable food (burgers, fries, wraps, etc). must try the conch fritters, a local specialty.

BEACH:
one of the most beautiful in the world. soft, fine sand, clear blue water and excellent snorkeling. not too crowded, but relatively full infront of the resorts, less crowded between them. plenty of beach chairs and cabanas.

ROOMS:
outstanding. large, light filled, excellent decor, large comfy beds, large falt panel tv, bathrooms are very pretty as well, excellent bath products. plenty of space and high ceilings. most rooms have outside balcony or patio space. rooms may have full kitchens or kitchenettes. in room nespresso makers! nice touch!

STAFF:
very friendly and helpful, and outstanding compared to other caribbean resorts, but not the best you'll experience in other locales (eg - mexico, asia). in fact, nicest staff were filipino! very knowledgable and helpful concierge.

AMMENITIES, incl SPA:
free water sports, and bikes. spa is outstanding. expensive, but top notch. typical high end gym.

LOCATION:
not the best. right on the beach, but a 15 min walk to downtown. other resorts are on the beach and downtown (regent grand, villa rennaisance). not as far as other places (amanyara, beaches, windsong). can ride bike to downtown (5 min)

VALUE:
tough to ascertain. on the island, this is the best place, by far. amanyara is more $$, but secluded and a rip off. however, pricing of rooms is opaque. they want to fill their 3 bedroom suites and so will always tell you they have no studios avail. when you check last minute, they release studios (rather than have them empty). online prices are much higher than what we were quoted on the island, and there seems to be no standard room tariff. i got the feeling there were all kinds or special deals being cut for people. realize, most rooms/suites, are owned by people and rented out to generate income. overall, i think it was worth it compared to other properties on the island, but not the best value comapred to other luxury destinations in the world. T&C is convenient to the NE uniated states and so gets alot of business.

WOULD WE RETURN?
yes, and probably stay here again. it is the best balance of luxury, and $$. location is not the best, but good enough. we may try the regent grand (different company).

T&C is a quiet, safe island with a laid back, small beach town kind of vibe. it is close to the NE US, and so, though a little expensive, we would return out of convenience and sheer beauty of the beach, and family friendly amenities (many great restaurants).

Room Tip: choose the top floor: 5th (skylights), ocean view is breathtaking, but very $$.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I got back from the trip on Wednesday night and I must say it was a fantastic experience. I am really grateful for the opportunity you have provided me to travel to Turks and Caicos. It is a beautiful island with lots to offer. The hotel experience was perfect. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The clear beach and the white sand were wonderful. I definitely had a excellent time also at the pool. The dinner, lunch and appetizers were remarkable. I also really enjoyed my spa treatment. The staff at the hotel was friendly and amiable. And of course the people and the environment was amazing. We had a chance to walk the beach and ride the bikes to Salt Mills and I must say the hotel is located in a magnificent location with easy access to F & B outlets and shops. At last, this will be a memorable experience to always remember. And I definitely hope to come back to the Regent Palms.

Room Tip: I suggest to request to be on building 1 or 5 and if you want a great view then you must definitely...
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Visited The Regent Palms for my honeymoon and i stayed in the one bedroom penthouse for 4 days. A personal 24 hour butler service also came with my room. His name was Ednar. VERY helpful and made our stay very relaxing and easy. He checked on us often and made sure we had everything we needed no matter what the time of day was. The weather was outstanding, the activities were exciting and breath taking, the customer service was very very very good. The water was crystal clear and warm. I would definitely visit again and would recommend this resort to anyone. I will definitely visit again sometime. Me and my wife had no complaints and everything exceeded our expectations. The resorts restaurant was somewhat overpriced but we didn't complain too much, that was very minor in comparison to the experience we had. Very Very impressed and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean give you the best views at all times and the doors slide in to hear/see the o...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights at the Regent Palms and were truly devastated to leave! Everything about this hotel is first class, from the service to the beach to the accommodations. We loved every moment!

Accommodations ::
We stayed in a junior suite and were more than pleased with the cleanliness and twice a day service. Our bed was huge and very comfortable, and the kitchenette in the suite made keeping drinks and snacks cold for the pool and the beach very easy. The one snafu we kept running into was getting ice. There are not any ice machines for guest use on the premises, and when we called for ice delivery to our room it often never came or came 1-2 hours after we asked for it. Other than that, the room was fabulous and the housekeeping staff very friendly and attentive.

The pool was just beautiful and we had no problem finding seating in the sun. The beach area also has cabanas that are free of charge, and you get the most picturesque view of the water from just about anywhere in the sand! There is music being pumped from the bar area at the pool that is hard to hear if you are out on the beach, so we brought our Jambox down to the beach to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Dining ::
We ate at Parallel 23 on our first night and everything was excellent! Mary, our server for the evening, was chatty and pleasant, as well as the hostess who we met earlier in the day and made our reservation with. We had the conch ceviche as an appetizer, and it was delicious. It was prepared using coconut milk and had huge, fresh chunks of conch in it that just really started our meal off right. For entrees my husband had the seafood risotto and I had the ahi tuna with Israeli couscous. The seafood risotto was out of this world with a giant prawn on the side the size of my hand. It was creamy and full of tender seafood - my husband was more than pleased with his entree choice! My ahi tuna was prepared extremely rare and was awesome. Both meals got a huge thumbs up! For desert we had a sampler of different desserts, and all were very tasty. It was a nice light end to an incredible meal!

We also ate at Plunge by the pool one day, and really enjoyed the BBQ chicken pizza and mango conch ceviche. They were the perfect portion and the service was quick and friendly.

We had room service on the last night and were happy with the shrimp dishes we chose from the in-room dining menu. It is not listed on the menu, but a small dinner or small Caesar salad is available as a starter, and all meals come with a plentiful basket of tasty bread.

The drinks by the pool at Plunge were so, so good - but we also found it easy to bring a soft cooler with us by the pool filled with mixers and beer and just make our own drinks. Latoya at the bar is outstanding, and one of the friendliest people we met on the island!!

Spa ::
I had a mani/pedi at the spa and was very pleased with the service and beautiful atmosphere. Carolyn, the manicurist, was sweet and funny and I would definitely recommend visiting the spa at least once for any kind of treatment just to get the opportunity to relax in the back by the reflection pool.

Overall ::
The grounds were stunning. The service was impeccable. The food and drinks delicious. We will definitely be planning a trip back to The Regent Palms in the future, and look forward to going back to paradise to remember the most perfect honeymoon, ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mandeville, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our second trip to Turks & Caicos at the Regent Palms. It was amazing and perfect in every way. The staff was so pleasant and courteous and went out of their way to help us. The ocean front suite was gorgeous and the view was breathtaking. It felt as if we were in a dream, I kept saying I felt like we were in heaven! The pool was beautiful as well and the bar staff was so much fun, Carlton said, "I like to put a lot of love in the drinks!" They were awesome!! The restaurant was so romantic and the setting was second to none, the food was pricey there but worth it. I would recommend the Regent Palms to anyone that wants to relax and enjoy the sun, beach and pool!!

Room Tip: We loved it that we weren't on the corner, we were on the 2nd floor and had privacy on the porch...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Regent Palms? Share your experiences!