“Excellent service- delicious food- spa is overrated” 5 of 5 stars

The Regent Palms
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Princess Drive, 00000, Providenciales   |
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Charleston, South Carolina
“Excellent service- delicious food- spa is overrated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Yum yum yum. The restaurant Parnell 23 is awesome. Best meal I have ever had! I ,ust recommend Nikisha Henery. She was the most awesome person on our trip. I highly recommend her. She went above and beyond for us the entire week. She was awesome and made our stay. perfect. We will be back for sure completely relaxed and I don't want to leave!!!!

The only thing I have to say is the spa is completely overrated. Nothing special. The staff in the spa was rude and not helpful. The steam and sauna was not hot at all. The locker room area needs a complete renovation. I was disappointed. I love to go to the spa on vacation and only went once because it was so poor. Not sure how it has ever won an award.

Also the bed and pillows need some updating

Room Tip: Beach front Penthouse baby. The bed and pillows are not my favorite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

After lots of research, my boyfriend decided to book our stay at the Regent Palms. It is a beautiful property with a lush garden courtyard, amazing infinity pool, spectacular service, multiple boutiques/shops within the resort, the best hotel gym I've ever experienced, and lovely rooms that are spacious and draw in light. They really push hard to try their Spa services but we didn't partake.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at the Regent Palms for four nights encompassing Valentines day and Presidents weekend. The distinguishing features of this property begin at the airport where there is a dedicated stand where they are expecting your arrival and get you on a taxi ASAP. This is a help in the fray of the airport as flights seem to arrive in groups of two or three and flood the airport with people looking for transportation. We did have to make a couple stops to drop passengers at other properties but the RP is centrally located and no stop is more than a minute or two. Another thing to note is that transportation in taxis is all by a flat rate per passenger so these stops don't add extra $$ or mileage. We found this to be the case going to restaurants off the property as well.

Arrival at the RP is easy and relaxing as you are greeted with a cool drink and towel and given keys to your room and a brief tour of the property before being escorted to your room by a member of the staff with your luggage shortly behind you. In-room amenities included:
-espresso machine
-tv
-robes and slippers
-safe
-breakfast included
-bug spray
-sitting area
-free calling to USA/Canada
-full kitchen, walk in shower, whirlpool tub, washer/dryer, pull out sofa (these amenities available in the full suite)

Once settled in we checked out the beach and pool. We'd been told that it is a good idea to reserve beach chairs in the morning which we found to me a good move. There is staff out there beginning at 6 AM and they're attentive and helpful in covering your selected chairs and setting out towels. It's then easy to go work out, eat breakfast etc. and know you've got the chairs waiting for you when you;re ready to hit the beach. There is less seating at the pool and I think they require you to be present and occupying the chairs by the pool. You can't put your stuff down and leave like you can with the beach chairs.

There were occasional staff taking drink/food orders on the beach, more frequent by the pool, and there is also the option of going to the pool bar yourself to get food and drinks. I wouldn;t say we were waited on hand and foot but that's not really why I'm at the beach anyway. We also found ourselves getting lunch at some of the other beachfront places that are open to the public. The staff would also come around periodically with frozen pieces of fruit which is a nice touch, as was the free bottled water available to guests by the pool and beach.

Our dining experiences at the RP was generally good. There is a good breakfast buffet with fresh fruit, cereal, pastries and a selection of hot items, a couple of which changed daily. There are also menu items that can be ordered for an additional cost. We ate dinner at Parallel 23 on Valentines day and it was very good with several off-menu specials, a rose for the wives and live entertainment. The food was good but not out of this world. We ate dinner at two other restaurants that were recommended by the concierge and both were wonderful. Coyaba was a wonderful dining experience with great creativity to the dishes and great service. Magnolia was also very good and about 10-20% less expensive than Coyaba or Parallel 23 in addition to a beautiful hilltop setting overlooking the marina.

We also did a snorkel excursion through a company (Caicos Dream Tours) recommended by the concierge. It was a good trip with about an hour spent snorkeling on the barrier reef and a shorter stop to collect some live conch. The conch were then cleaned by our crew and served to us as we explored a secluded cove and relaxed in the sun. Equipment and beverages (adult and non) were supplied and it was well worth the cost for the convenience of being picked up and dropped off at the beach.

Overall a great trip and the RP was a wonderful place to stay. Despite rating the property "excellent" I wouldn't really say it was 5-star. The staff, while very nice in general, could be aloof or not very engaging at times. I found that this was the exception rather than the rule though. There also didn't seem to be enough staff if people were expecting them to be at their beck and call. But the staff available seemed to work hard and be friendly and able to handle most requests. The other thing I've seen complaints about is the cost of things. T&C is pretty expensive overall and the RP just maintains this. I do feel as though you get good value as a guest there with the included breakfast, bottled water, turn down svc, and free water activities like snorkeling and kayaking. If you're looking for an upscale relaxing place RP is great.

CT
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

There is no doubt that this a beautiful property and we booked a partial ocean view room that was most likely the best hotel room we have ever stayed in but we were paying $1350 a night per room, plus tax of $148.50 and then a service of $135 on this so you would righly expect a very beautiful room.
My husband and I are in our mid 30s and found most guests at the hotel were much older - this didn't matter but just want to point this out to other travelers who are researching this hotel. I imagine its to do with pricing as to well its an older type of place.
Our biggest issue with this place was service. For that money you expect not just a good room but service to go along with it. Most of our encounters were more Fawlty Towers then top quality resort.
First incidence was on arrival. We checked in & gave our name, then two members of staff escorted us on a property tour to our room. It was a very slow tour but when we got to the room I noticed the bags in it were not ours and said so, they said they'd swap them out & when hubby went to the paperwork he saw someone elses name on the registration doc. Thats when everyone twigged we had being brough to the wrong room. It turns out we were shown the penthouse incorrectly and two other guests were meanwhile in our room. Mistakes happen not the end of the world since the room we were in was equally nice but on a lower floor and without a direct sea view. However what really annoyed me was that when they discovered we weren't penhouse guests the lady staff memeber who had insisted on carrying my bag almost threw it back at me!! Hello, I'm still pay $1500 plus a night! So very quickly when I wanted to feel good about this deluxe holiday I was made to feel like the secondary plebs... No follow up or apology from the hotel - but again mistakes happen.
Second issue was on our second morning when I woke up to a flood of water in our dining room and kitchen area. The water pump seems to have burst. I called guest servies and they had a crew of people come and fix the room. The engineers and cleaners apologiesed for the inconvenience and so we left them to it -t hey said they'd be a few hours cleaning the room. On return there was a voice mail to say it was cleaned up and fixed but we were welcome to change room if we wanted. we were happy the problem was fixed so stayed where we were. That night the air con didn't work so we again had to call and it was fixed. The next day the hot water didn't work and again we had to get someone to fixed. All this in a 4 night stay with a room costing over $1500 a night. What so annoyed me and has compelled me to write this review is because no one of customer service or management followed up to apologise for these inconvenineces and even on check out they didn't even ask how the stay was. I simply felt all the wanted was our money and didn't care one bit about the customer. A plate of fruit (which comes with breakfast anyway) left in our room with a card would have made a big difference. Then I'd have being Ok with service. Id' have still had an issue with the value for money.

Hint if you stay there just book a junior suite - I reckon that's better value. Also note these suites have owners so I wonder how many of these reviews are by interested/connected parties.

Breakfast was nice. I loved the bar. The spa was fine, probably over rated.
Beach was beautiful.
I think you will get a lot more bang for your buck in possibly any other place on the island and particularly in mainland US. All in all a big dissappointment based on high expectations from these reviews and from what we spent.

Room Tip: I'd suggest booking a junior suite. However we did a partial ocean view and did love the view.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and we loved it! The Regent Palms is a casual, elegant and beautiful hotel on the most perfect part of the beach. The resort is so pretty with the most lovely gardens and the spa is incredible. Rooms, restaurants and beach service were amazing. Can't wait to return to The Regent Palms!!

King City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our first trip to Turks & Caicos and could not have asked for a more perfect week vacation. The Regent Palms is a beautiful place to stay. The staff were the kindest and most welcoming people we have ever met at a hotel/resort. Bravo to all of you there and thank you for a magnificant week.

Room Tip: Ocean front and Ocean views are breathtaking. Beautiful garden views as well. Can't go wrong w...
Ocean City, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

7 wonderfull nights at Regent Palms. Property is gorgeous with plenty of flowers and palm trees. infinity pool the biggest we have seen on an island. Swim up bar plenty of chairs and beds ( that they don't charge you ). Personel was there when you needed them but no over bearing. Heric yes it's spelled with an H was very friendly . Aricater the concierge was great . Opt for the 1 bedroom ocean view high floor. Hotel was pricey but well worth the money. Everyone has thier own opinion on what is the favorite place. we have been to may Islands but by far this has went well beyond our expections!!

Room Tip: 1 Bedroom ocean view high floor in building 3. You will be looking straigth over the infinity pool t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Regent Palms? Share your experiences!