“Perfection in Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Perfection in Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

From the moment we arrived, greeted with a cool scented towel to refresh and welcome to the moment we left, we experienced nothing but perfection at the Regent Palms. Ariker, our Concierge, was thorough and friendly throughout the week, helping us navigate our way through the resort and the island. All of the staff were so warm and friendly. The complimentary continental breakfast was delicious each and every morning. The rooms are so incredibly beautiful that, if it wasn't for the pull of the gorgeous pool and ocean, one might be tempted to stay in all day. If you are looking for a place to relax in style and be pampered, this is definitely the place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My pregnant wife and I recently spent five nights at The Regent Palms for our five year anniversary. We've been very fortunate to stay at some 5+ star resorts over the last few years (see my other reviews) so our expectations are always high. The Regent Palms was right up there, mainly due to its beach which was the best we've seen yet. November is rainy season which means it rains every day - but only for about five minutes. Then it's 29C and sunny again!

ROOMS - We stayed in one of the smaller rooms (room 1303 in Building 1) but it was very nice. Building 1 is the closest building to the beach and some of its larger suites have incredible views of the water. Room service was available but was ridiculously over-priced (more than usual).

SERVICE - The staff were all very friendly and attentive. One of the staff offered to clean a conch shell we had found earlier in the day. We picked it up a few hours later looking brand new! On our second night we found a large chocolate cake waiting for us in our room that said "Happy 5th Anniversary". It was the best chocolate cake we've ever tasted.

CLEANLINESS - We like new things and this resort was only eight years old. The resort was spotless and nicely landscaped. Our suite was cleaned at least 2x a day - no issues with housekeeping.

BEACH - In my opinion, the beach is the most important part of any resort and this was by far the best we've seen yet in the Caribbean (Fiji still wins): Turquoise water and white sands. It was very windy during our stay so the water was choppy yet still crystal clear and warm. A neighbouring restaurant had a bell that you rang if you saw "JoJo" the Dolphin in the water. Unfortunately we did not see him but heard some cool stories about JoJo interacting with guests, etc.

FOOD - EXPENSIVE. We did a lot of exploring on Provo and tried many different restaurants. Most of which were incredible! Unfortunately they are all insanely expensive... My wife is a vegetarian but was quite happy with the various restaurants in town: Coco Bistro and its jungle setting was the best. Yoshi Sushi was honestly the best Sushi we've ever had in our lives. Who would have thought?? The Mexican restaurant down the beach called "Somewhere" was delicious and had live music. Lemon was disappointing. As for the restaurants at The Regent Palms, the Plunge Bar by the pool had fantastic burgers and salads. The free continental breakfast at Parallel 23 was amazing. Fresh fruit, croissants, etc.

SPA - The spa was first-class but expensive. I believe it had recently won some awards for best spa in the Caribbean. Very cool at night. The gym was also very nice.

ENTERTAINMENT - As this was a smaller resort, there really wasn't any. No evening shows like most resorts have but we were just here to relax so no complaints. However it was easy to find your own entertainment within a 10 minute walk along the beach. We went to the Casino, found live music at "Somewhere", and booked a snorkeling day trip which was worth every penny (departed the Alexandra next door). They took us out by boat to some of the best snorkeling spots, then hunting for conch shells (which we brought home a massive one for our daughter), made conch salad on the beach while exploring Iguana Island which is full of, you guessed it, Iguanas! Very fun day. Bring your camera! The beach and pool areas were never too busy but busy enough for some fun people watching.

VALUE - The beach at Grace Bay is the main attraction but The Regent Palms is definitely a 5 star resort. If you're looking to relax, The Regent Palms is the place for you. We would definitely recommend for a Honeymoon but not so much for a large group looking to party. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Building 1 or 5 are closer to the Beach, but not by much...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
South Salem, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great staff, great location and the best suites known to mankind. What a great hotel. The staff is really the best !
The food in the restaurants is beyond belief. Try the lobster tails. THe fireworks are not to
be believed.

Room Tip: They are all good !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

First of all, let me write that this hotel appears beautifully kept. Now for the rest of the story.

Upon arriving from the airport, dog tired, with a complaining cab driver, I was staged in a holding area with sauntering-about staff, who eventually offered me a scented wash rag to wipe down with. Nothing to drink and no rest room. After about fifteen minutes, I was slowly strolled over to my room where check-in was completed. Someone in the queue who had been here before said it is as he remembered. How tiresome.

The pool has hunks of plaster out of the bottom and black algae in certain spots. The pool-side staff are nonchalant. The beach is beautiful as are most in the Caribbean. Chairs were ample in number for a Tuesday.

The food is over priced. $17.00 after 15% tip for a Margarita pool side. The bar tender had to stop the wait staff from gossiping to bring me the check. $172.00 for an appetizer, salad, entre and two glasses of grocery store wine at dinner. There is no dress code, so be prepared for dining al fresco in a beautiful setting, among people who appear to have just come in from the beach or spa, complete with t-shirts, raggedy shorts and flip flops, at the fine dining establishment Perimeter 123. My God, this isn't Australia! Dress up a little!

The feather pillows are soured. They brought two more..still soured. I had to put a bath towel over it to kill the odor. The lamps in the room all have in-line cord switches. The only light switch in the bedroom that controls a light is for the louvre light over a picture. It has a dimmer. Why? Either the picture should be properly illuminated, or it shouldn't be. The switches on either side of the bed are dead, when they could mercifully have controlled the bedside lamps with those awful in-line switches. There is no bedside power outlet. I had to pull out the TV console to find an outlet to charge the IPad.

God help you if you try to operate the radio. It has to be left over from the Soviet Union or visiting from an alternate world. I was able to get a CNN news brief from the US election polls from three weeks prior to the election. Horrifying, considering I just spent two of those weeks in Ohio!

The AC refuses to go below 72 degrees no matter how low you set it, and the fan is roaring about 25 decibles.

I have only been here 6 hours. Oh, we'll.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I enjoyed everything about my stay! I was travelling alone, recuperating from some serious health issues for the last 14 months, and found every one there eager to, not only accommodate my needs, but anticipate them! Not only the staff but their guests were so friendly I did not feel alone for long! The atmosphere alone, helped my spirits immensely. I found the spa staff to be very knowledgeable about my special needs to aid my recovery! I have enjoyed massage in some of the top resorts in the world, Aspen Co.,
Bermuda,...and found the staff here to be more experienced. I will definitely recommend The Regent palms to friends, and intend to revisit often!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed for 5 days, recommended by our travel agent. We don't travel very often so when we do, we like to stay in the best hotel we can afford. The Regent Palms was amazing, unforgettable. And very expensive. Our room was bundled with the air fare so I don't know what we paid per night. But the cocktails and meals were quite expensive. $14 for a mojito!(excellent BTW) Do research on some local restaurants before you go so you're not stuck eating every meal there. We ate lunch one day at a local place called Smokey's, it was delicious and well-priced, and within walking distance of the hotel. One guest told me that's it's worth upgrading to a suite so you get a kitchen. Then you can grocery-shop and at least scramble your own eggs in the morning, and stock up on snacks and drinks. We may do that next time. That being said, the restaurant, Parallel 23, was outstanding, the only 4-diamond restaurant on the island. We do plan to return, hopefully soon. It was really stellar. But pay down your credit cards before you go.

Room Tip: We were near the pool but not overlooking it. We didn't have an ocean view, but that was fine. W...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Skaneateles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was the most beautiful vacation I have ever had. Hosted by one of my bookclub members, this was the most beautiful place to stay on the most beautiful beach ever! The service was excellent and we all felt very pampered. The spa was fabulous and very beautiful. Have I already used that adjective? The view from our room, (it is more of a condo, and first class) looking out at the pool, and then to the beach and ocean the most exquisite shade of turquoise ever, was amazing. I did not go to the main restaurant located here, but ate many delicious meals at the poolside restaurant. We will be coming again this December. I have been packed for six months.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool and beach are amazing.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Regent Palms? Share your experiences!