“Italian specialty” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 126 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
NY
“Italian specialty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

A lovely 2nd floor setting to watch the sunset and have a wine and free aperetif. Nice Italian couple hostess and chef / owner who provide an intimate and personal touch. It's above a road, not on the beach though. But close and convenient to hotels, especially 7 Stars resort

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York City, New York
“Poor food, uncaring management, overpriced wine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We are regulars on the dining scene in Provo. Our experience was a disaster from start to end. We ordered a Tuna Carpaccio and a garden salad to start. The tuna was still frozen. When this was pointed out, the server said, "but that is the way it is stored!" And the salad was swimming in dressing. Main course of swordfish cutlets and Gorgonzola raviolis. The swordfish was ok, but not seasoned. The raviolis were dry and overlooked on the edges. The Gorgonzola was not creamy and warred with the tomato sauce.
All of this was pointed out to staff and mgt. They had no explanation, but took the tuna off the bill. A decent wine was $60+ and i chose one that was $90. Dinner came in at $240+ and was worth 1/4 that. Don't waste your money!!

Visited November 2013
Providenciales
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Really expensive.. Portions were small. My pasta was undercooked. The service was a little too intrusive. We went with our baby and the staff spent most of their time at our table cooing at the baby. I don't mind a bit if attention but to not be able to have a proper conversation because we were interrupted so often was disappointing.
We left feeling hungry and with our pockets significantly lighter... Won't be going back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, PA
“Fantastic food and exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Although our experience was fabulous, I am sympathetic to some of the mixed reviews on the board. As we first sat down, music from Nirvana was blaring much too loud for a restaurant of this caliber and ambience. Additionally, my favorite italian dish, fettucini bolognese, had just run out (as of 6pm). For a brief moment, my family and I considered getting up from the table and going back to our hotel for the final dinner of our vacation.

All I can say is thank goodness that we did not rush to judgement. From that moment onward, our wonderful server Janet treated us like it was a family dinner and made sure everything was 110% to our satisfaction. She addressed the music, helped us to entertain our 2 year old, and brought us nothing but truly amazing Italian food with a smile and the perfect level of attention.

Now for the food, our family is italian and we have lived in NYC and travelled to Rome. This is by far the most authentic italian food that I have had outside of NYC and Rome. The bread was freshly baked, olive oil was artisan quality, and the homemade pasta was truly outstanding. Its clear that they import the ingredients from Italy and the freshness of everything lives up to their claim. Since it was the off season, the chefs went out of their way to prepare a fettucini bolognese. I was super excited as it was the best I have had in many years. I highly recommend it. My wife had the ravioli and mother in law had the cavatelli. They were both very pleased as well. The chefs (from Rome) even came to our table at the end of the meal to ask about our satisfaction.

We had an exceptional meal. Yes, the prices are expensive. However, it's no more expensive than any other nice hotel restaurant in Provo for dinner. So, it really depends on your expectation. This truly is authentic fine italian cuisine and is priced accordingly. We are looking forward to our next trip to Turks and certainly our next opportunity to eat at Via Veneto.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“AMAZING Italian on a Caribbean Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Truly one of the best meals I've had in a long time. The service was spectacular. The food was authentic Roman cuisine. Being Italian, I can say this is the real deal. And what a gem to find food that I grew up with on vacation in the Caribbean. The owners, staff & bartender were all top notch, and treated our little girl like royalty. I would recommend this place to ANYONE who goes to Grace Bay, T&C. Well done Via Veneto -- well done!!!!

• Visited September 2013