“Like a 7-11 on steriods! Miss Moonie is the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
New York
“Like a 7-11 on steriods! Miss Moonie is the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family was in Provo for 1 week and we ended up eating here 3 times! Needless to say we were hooked from the first meal. Generous portions entrees as well as 2 sides for 10-14 dollars is a steal with the prices of food on the island! They have such great variety from your typical breakfast items (eggs,sausage,etc) to jerk chicken, BBQ ribs and even turtle!

They sell everything from wine, paper towels, cigarettes to peanut butter and toothbrushes. If you need anything, Miss Moonie's has got it. Competitive prices to the items at Graceway Gourmet. Open 24 hours!

What made Miss Moonie's special for me and my family was actually getting to meet the one and only Miss Moonie! On my second visit she was sitting at one of the tables writing in a notebook. As I finished my purchase she asked "Is everything okay?" I thought she was a food critic until I asked and she was Miss Moonie. Turns out she's from NY as well.

My son was very disappointed that the day we head home was the opening of lobster season. I told Miss Moonie that we were looking forward to lobster but lobster season was pushed back to Aug 15th. Immediately, Miss Moonie told my son to come at 11am on the 15th and she would have a minced lobster dish for him to take on the plane. We showed up that morning before our flight and picked up the dish freshly prepared from Miss Moonie herself. We were very satisfied with everything Miss Moonie has done.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cape Coral, Florida
“Good island fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Really good island food at a very reasonable price! Miss Moonie's is a 24 hour "convenience store" with a restaurant inside. Doesn't look like much from the outside. But the great majority of cars and people that you will see there are locals (go at lunchtime and you'll see lots of workers & staff from businesses, dive masters, etc). Menu for the day is posted outside and inside. Walk up to the "hot table" glass case and look over the offerings for the day .... jerk chicken (excellent!), BBQ chicken, pork chops, fried fish (excellent!), peas and rice, plantains, mac & cheese, mixed veggies, corn on the cob, etc. Choose your entree (priced around $9-10 per large portion) and any sides ($1-2 each) to design your own meal. They will package it to go or serve it up pretty on a plate. There's a few tables inside in the A/C or step out back where you'll find a nice swimming pool with tables under an awning to relax and enjoy your meal. They also offer ice cream! We stopped several times just for the ice cream! A big scoop (big enough to share) in a cup for just $2. A great deal (and the strawberry was really good!) This is a great find for lunch or dinner for a budget night, and it's good for families too. The staff is really nice too!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
oklahoma
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Must try their food at the fish fry at a minimum. Fresh fish and generous portions! We had the fresh grilled fish, macaroni casserole and conch fritters...delectable!!

Visited July 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“HIdden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had rented a house near the Leeward Marina, so we drove by Miss Moonies on a number of occasions. Even though the sign indicated they served food, we didn't give it much though until seeing the good review on TA. So we gave it a shot, and it was terrific! We were met by the owner inside who made various recommendations based on what they had that day. I'd say the BBQ ribs were the best of the bunch, but everything was quite tasty. The sitting area by the pool outside made for a nice spot to enjoy our lunch. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gaborone
“Great people, food, and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We spent a week on the island. It was hard to find reasonably priced food. Miss Moonies was a great find. Good food at a great price. My daughter Stephanie is a special child. She is very particular about what she eats. She loved the food. In addition, the staff was very kind and made us feel welcome. I can't say enough nice things about them.

Also, for those people not used to the heat and humidity, the restaurant is air conditioned. You won't find many places like this on the island. I highly recommend you give Miss Moonies a try. You wont be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere