“Worth it - and then some” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
TCI Beach Bliss
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Montreal, Canada
“Worth it - and then some”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here for 8 days in March 2013. If you are going to stay on Grace Bay this is the place. Unless you have extreme budget constraints or are given to the activity of an all inclusive place. First...the location is ideal. It is on some of the widest parts of this long beach. We witnessed other hotel's beachfront areas become totally swamped (umbrellas and beach chairs wiped out by waves) while our little "pod" remained untouched by waves and tides. And given that the beach is wide you do not have to deal with people walking along 6 inches from where you are seated. Roger, the beachfront manager, is most accommodating and a truly wonderful person. Second...the room design and views are excellent - you get exactly what you see on the website (it is more spacious than it looks). I agree with some earlier reviewers that the finishing and fixtures are substandard. This will need attention but it is not a show stopper. Third...the people. We found nothing but friendly helpful people. It is a small place and they REALLY want you to come back. Yes, a few of the people are on a learning curve in the hotel or restaurant business (see our seperate review of the Beach House Restaurant). But we think they will get there. We had excellent experiences with Hendrika's help - someone should increase her pay! The overall look and feel of the place is tropical and beachy. The rooms have no numbers - just names. Booking well in advance is advised. We stayed in two different rooms because our ocean-view suite was unavailable during our final 3 nights (it had been booked by another family months before). The room names describe effectively our experience ENRICH (we were greatly enriched) and BEACHY (that is what we did)!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms that start with C, D and E are ocean view. And you get an unobstructed true ocean vie...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your lovely review of our boutique hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay, having a "beachy" and "enriched" time! We hope you'll recommend us to others and come back and stay again soon.
The Beach House Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at the Beach House for five nights and enjoyed our stay - it's my favorite part of Grace Bay. The rooms were comfortable and the bathroom is managable but small. We would have liked a full kitchen and a washer and dryer but you can make do. They have two washers and dryers available for use in the ocean front buildings but you will have to bring your own soap. We did use the $20 breakfast credit and we enjoyed the eggs and the fruit but that was about it. Some of the other items we ordered were a bit tasteless. We had no real service issues. I seem to be in the minority here, but we did not like the beach set up. The double lounge chairs were comfortable but difficut to move and it was nearly impossible to have one side in the shade and the other in the sun. I noticed a lot of shade seekers coiled up in the fetal position to keep themselves shaded - myself included. We also didn't like what seemed like assigned seating. Everyone gets a "pod" and the room name is on the umbrella that comes with the pod. Sounds like a nice idea but it amounted to front row chairs remaining empty while you sat behind them. It was confusing and a little annoying. The beach staff is great and they try to accommodate but their hands are a little tied. I'm not sure I would go back as we usually go for longer stays and we need a full kitchen and washer dryer.

Room Tip: If you like privacy request a second floor beachfront room as the path to/from the beach is right in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay on our quiet location in Grace Bay. We are currently looking more into laundry services for our guests, so that will be resolved very soon. With regard to the beach lounges, we do have a dedicated beach attendant, Roger, who will always cheerfully be able to assist you with the sun loungers and other beach facilities. Thank you again for your feedback.
cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here for a week with my husband in February. The beach was fantastic and the food was fabulous, although, the rooms needed attention, they were recently remodeled but they seem to be done on some " do-it-yourself " HGTV episode. Absolutely no attention to detail. The bathroom was Small, The mirror was spray-painted silver And the sink did not line up with the light fixture. The toilet paper was scratchy just like the sheets and tissue. The living room was large and the bedroom size was adequate but There was no television in the bedroom which drove my husband crazy.

The staff was friendly and aimed to please us, But for the cost of the room I think we could've done better Somewhere else. The poolside chairs were as hard as a rock and the cushions were thin as paper. The reserved beach chairs were fabulous although there was limited to no Beachside service. Overall, we had a great time not rushing back to Turks and Caicos anytime soon.

Room Tip: Second floor one bedroom with the balcony and daybed was fabulous for morning coffee and wine at sun...
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed the beach, the food and found the staff to be attentive. Your comments regarding the room will be taken into consideration. So thank you for your feedback and we hope you may return to Turks and Caicos sometime in the future.
new york city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great location, good beach chairs, big rooms, below average service. Good news is the room we got was huge: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room and terrace and kitchen. The service is lacking in every way. Most days our room was not cleaned until after 4:00 when we had been out all day and just got back. One day the dirty towels were piled in the living room and left there. The bed sheets were thin and scratchy and the towels were worn and dingy. Many times no one picks up the phone at reception. The restaurant is good but the lack luster service was disappointing. If we asked for something, we would have to remind the waiters 2-3x that we ordered it. I won't bore you with the specifics. It was one of the less expensive hotels we stayed in and it showed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed the location and the suite and are looking into the service issues you encountered. We therefore greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope you may choose to visit Beach House again in the future.
Upstate New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Beach House in March 2013. The rooms were large and bright and comfortable. Our room was on the second floor and we had a beautiful view of the ocean.The service was excellent. The beach itself was splendid; crystal clear water, powdery sand; great upkeep by the Beach House staff. Bicycles available without charge. The restaurant was quite expensive, but you can easily use the nice kitchenette (with microwave, no stove) for some meals, and walk to a nearby resort for some others. We thought the management should consider offering some dishes at more moderate prices -- which might attract more customers. All of the staff, from the management team to the housekeeping team, were helpful, hospitable and friendly. The fitness facility is modest but acceptable. We never used the air conditioner even though the temperature as in the 80s -- because our room was comfortable and airy. If you like a place that is not overrun with conventioneers, this is the place. .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking into a lighter bites menu option for the restaurant and hope to see you back again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

First I’d like to set the stage for the type of traveler’s we are. We travel about 50% of the time for business and typically stay at Marriott and Ritz Carlton for business. We have traveled the US, Europe, and the Caribbean extensively. We typically stay at large amenity resorts when traveling with the family, but enjoy small boutique resorts when we travel as a couple. We are lazy vacationers, we like to get sun, eat, and drink. We take about 6 vacations a year. We live in Chicago, and I don’t cook, so we are foodies to the core.

Overall this was our best Caribbean vacation. To put it in perspective we left The Beach House to go to Miami for a work boondoggle on our way home to Chicago. We stayed at the Eden Roc hotel in South Beach. An hour into our trip we were sitting outside on the pool deck eating lunch, looking at the lovely beach. We both were pouting and said at the same time, “This sucks”. Obviously it was a fine hotel, and everyone else in Miami thought it was great. We however, had ben ruined, by our stay at The Beach House. While I will say that the cuisine was our favorite part of our stay, it truly was a combination of kind staff that made you feel like family, picturesque setting, and comfy accommodations. Sorry for the long review but I want to be thorough.

I will break out some observations below but would like to comment on some things that I read on trip advisor before going that need some clarification.

Anyone who crabs about service is just plain wrong. We never waited for breakfast. In 9 days I didn’t see anyone else wait either. Latavia and Molly took your orders promptly, and everything came out promptly. At dinner we actually found the service too fast. We enjoy 3 hour dinners and stuffed ourselves silly, so we wanted some time between courses to digest.

Also, people have stated that they weren’t able to take the catamaran out. My guess is they probably didn’t ask. We saw several people go out. If Roger is out on it, then Magic minds the beach goers. In all fairness, Roger doesn’t work Monday and Tuesday, so I don’t know what goes on then.

Kids, or no kids…considering we have some of our own, I have mixed feelings. I think there were 2 to 4 kids there the whole time we were there. There were 2 little ones, and 2 tweens. They were well behaved so you didn’t really notice. I would never bring my 11 year old here because there is absolutely nothing for kids to do except swim. So, if you have noisy toddlers or active kids, do us all a favor and stay at Beaches, which is exactly what all of the east coast families on break did!

I read so much about how expensive the island is, that I think I over budgeted. I honestly found this to be a good value. We probably spent about $1,100 a day all in. If I put this up against per diem for my favorite places in Mexico and London, it is in line, but so much better!!! Yes you could do it much cheaper but I don’t skimp on vacations. If we can’t afford it, we pick somewhere we can afford to eat, drink, and play.

The rooms were always cleaned and turn down every night. The only time this didn’t happen was if you had the do not disturb sign on the door.

The hotel…
So, so, very peaceful. Everything was clean. If you are looking for a brand spanking new, marble and leather everywhere, this isn’t the place for you. The best way I can describe the rooms is if you owned your own little beach cottage, what it should really look like. Calming color schemes, comfy couch, nice kitchen, and spacious.

The pool and beach loungers are the best I have had. The bath amenities were great. As others noted, full sized and great quality. It is correct that there isn’t moisturizer, but seriously, you are an idiot of you go on a beach vacation and don’t bring your own.

The beach is really the draw here, and I am a girl who loves to sit at the pool and look at the beach because it is either too rocky, or too wavy, or too noisy. Not the case here. I made myself dive in the pool on our last day for 2 minutes so I could say that I went in the pool. There is an abandoned condo construction to the right, and nothing to the left, so you have a really secluded stretch of beach. There is fun people watching of all sorts, especially the guest who brave the paddle board! The sand is pristine. The water really is postcard blue. You can walk about 500 feet and snorkel Bight Reef.

The staff…
This is probably my favorite part! First, Chef Eric is spectacular. We spent most nights after dinner sitting at the bar drinking wine with him. His wife and children also work at The Beach House. What a great family! I don’t understand how the kids don’t weigh 400 pounds, because with a dad cooking like that I sure would!

Latavia and Molly took care of us for every breakfast and lunch. Molly has an infectious laugh, and Latavia was always smiling. She always took time to ask us what we were doing, and listen to our daily adventures. She shared pictures of her daughter with us, and chatted about her plans for university.

Our bar staff was always amusing. First we have Whiskey, who doesn’t have a sister named Vodka, and coincidentally doesn’t drink. Such a good young guy, he hopes to open a car wash some day, so if you are looking to invest…Doctor Sly, well he is really the eyes of the operation. Nothing goes on in that restaurant or bar that he isn’t watching. He makes some amazing drinks with a bit of flair and mixology but not so crazy that you can’t pronounce them. Try his hibiscus and champagne concoction.

Michael manages the day to day and always greeted us with a smile and hug. The servers, (and I am sure I will leave some out, so my apologies) Harrison, Kevin, and Jacques, were delightful. Always prompt. Not one time did we order something and not receive it. Their recommendations were always spot on.

Judith is a treasure. If it wasn’t for her flexibility I wouldn’t be writing this review right now!

The food…
Ok, truth be told, this is the best part. So often you find a great hotel, or a great restaurant, but in the same place…that you don’t get sick of…unheard of! Again, you need a pretty experienced palate to eat here. If you want plain burgers and hot dogs every day, eat elsewhere. If you don’t care about food, page down and skip this part, but shame on you!

Breakfast—try it all. I agree the French Toast was heavenly. More of a dessert than breakfast though. So fluffy and sweet. I loved all of the eggs benedict. Most of the time when you order it, the eggs are either under or over cooked. Not the case here!

Lunch—we only had it a few times as we were either stuffed from breakfast, or went out for lunch. I enjoyed the croque monsieur. Interesting twist with pork belly and gobs of béchamel sauce.

Dinner—Well, we only had dinner out twice in 8 nights so that has to tell you something. Once at Coco Bistro. The lobster was good. The other at Somewhere, which we LOVE. Super cool setting, totally laid back. Hilarious barmen, and outstanding service.

Chef Eric made a 6 course dinner for us on the deck overlooking the beach. I’ve posted a ton of pics of the dinner. If you can afford it, do it. He asked us what we didn’t like to eat and worked around it. Being that he is French, and I am an idiot, I got drunk and asked him to make us French Onion soup. He did, and I ate mine, and half of my husband’s. Super yummy and creamy. My husband rated the chocolate mousse the best he has ever had.

One night I just wanted some plain pasta, so I asked, and Eric just whipped it up. Some of our favorite dinner dishes…Waygu tenderloin with mashed potatoes, creamy cauliflower, foie gras (best I have had anywhere), veal tenderloin, conch sampler, strazopretti (I probably misspelled that one), and beet salad. Also he reduces balsamic vinegar for 8 hours, it is like goo, and ooh so good. Honestly I didn’t order anything that I didn’t like. The presentation was always super cool. I wish I had some of their dishes to put my take-out on!

Areas for improvement…
These aren’t gripes but for some is the difference between 4 and 5 stars. They in no way impacted how much we enjoyed our stay, and honestly are pretty lame, but I’m a firm believer in feedback.

The bathroom could use an extra towel holder. The shower has a rainforest head only. This is perfect for 99% of the population. I have really long hair that I don’t like to wash every day so staying warm and wet is a bit of a challenge without getting your hair wet.

I would consider upgrading the towels and linens as well. After a long day in the sun, you really want super soft linens. I’d also provide slippers.
The safe is in a weird place in the closet, so it was a little awkward to get to.

The beach could use a dedicated server. Roger and Magic stay pretty busy running around. I think the hotel could make more money if they had someone constantly bringing food and drinks. Again, we never waited for anything. All you had to do was look up and wave.

We can’t wait to go back, but for two weeks this time. We have already recommended it to so many friends. I almost wish this place doesn’t get popular, and we could keep it our tiny little secret.

Room Tip: Second or third floor rooms have better views, but honestly any ocean view room would be lovely.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
Wow, thank you so very much indeed for taking the time to write your review. Especially considering that you are an extensive traveler, it is great to hear how much you loved our boutique Beach House. I will ensure your comments are passed on to all the staff - they will be delighted also. Please do continue to recommend us - we endeavour to always keep this a place of peaceful relaxation in the sun! No crowds here! We hope to see you back here soon, and once again thank you for all your feedback and photos.

The Beach House Team
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon, and we had a wonderful week. My advice is to book a package that includes food, as the food is the star of the show. I also advise to book a beach-front condo, as the view is spectacular. The rooms are clean, but not fancy. The staff is friendly.

Dear Kimberly,
First and foremost, many congratulations to you and your husband. We are delighted you chose Beach House for your honeymoon and so glad you had a wonderful time. Thank you for your review and also for your photos posted. We hope to see you both back here sometime soon.

The Beach House Team

Been to Beach House Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!