“Great Vacation For Families with Young Children: Make sure to bring your confirmations though” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
World Travel Award
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

This was our second trip to the resort. We stayed in a Tuscan Suite with separate kids room. It was a little disappointing that you enter the suite through the kids room, and there is no common space, but otherwise the room was lovely. Two years ago we stayed in the Parrot Cay 1 bedroom Honeymoon suite in the Caribbean Village, and to be completely honest if we ever go back, I might choose to stay in the Parrot Cay suite versus the Italian village. In our old Parrot Cay suite( #606) , you entered the suite through the master bedroom which was much nicer if you have young children. The Living room (which we used as the bedroom for our son) in the Parrot Cay room is about twice as large as the kids’ room in the Italian Village suites. The Balcony in the Parrot Cay suite is at least 3 times the size of the standard Italian Village suites. And finally, the hot tub in the Parrot Cay suite is about twice the size of the hot tub in the Italian Village suites. Oh, and in the Parrot Cay suite we had a true wet bar, while in our Italian village suite the bar, fridge and microwave were just in a cabinet in the master bedroom. That said, it’s tough to beat the location and the view from the Italian Village Suites. One final note about the Italian Village Suites – They are all pretty much exactly the same inside until you get to the penthouse suites. So if you pay for a higher category suite in the IV, you are paying for view and location, but the room will be pretty much exactly like the lowest level IV room.

I saw someone post a negative review of camp sesame recently and I’d like to say that we had the complete opposite experience. I thought the women at camp sesame did a great job. They had some scheduled times when they showed videos or movies (usually in the evening), but they also had some really nice activities, and I never found my kids glued to the boob-tube when we picked them up. I also witnessed the camp teachers handle some tantrum-throwing kids really well. I was particularly impressed with the way one of the women handled a particularly upset child who was kicking and screaming. She was so calm and within about 1 minute she had soothed the little girl and she was perfectly calm and ready to play. I thought the teacher did a fantastic job dealing with a difficult situation. They also made me feel like they really adored my kids and one of the women remembered our older son from two years ago even though we had only brought him to camp a few times! We also spied over the hedges one day and watched the kids do a nature-walk with the teachers and Abby-kadabby and it was so charming and endearing and I think the kids actually learned a little something.

I found the food to be very good at most restaurants and it was by far the best at Le Petit Chataux. The shortrib was so delicious and the truffle risotto was perfect. I think the sushi bar has really improved since our last visit. I loved the pieces. They were very fresh and delicious. I also think they made a huge improvement at the Arizona lunch grill. The jerk chicken and pork are really wonderful, and there are a lot more grill options than I remember there being 2 years ago.

Another big improvement is that most (if not all) of the pools are heated now, but they are not so hot that it is not refreshing.

We never had any problem getting cabanas on the beach, although, is virtually impossible to get a cabana by the pool at the Italian village unless you have a butler, but we had no problem getting chairs in the sun or shade. Of course take this with a grain of salt b/c we went slightly before their high season really picks up. I did notice some people getting up and saving chairs at 6:30am which I thought was pretty ridiculous since, like I said, we had no problem finding chairs whenever we wanted them. I also noticed signs up that said that items that remained on chairs untouched for more than 2 hours would be removed and report to a certain area to retrieve your stuff. I think that ought to make a lot of people happy since I recall a major gripe in a lot of the reviews was seeing people put towels out on chairs and then never return (or return 4 hours later).

Our kids are still a little too young for snorkeling so we arranged a trip through the concierge to go on a sub-submarine ride. It was fun. My older son (3.5-years-old) liked it a lot, our 15-month-old was a little claustrophobic. The boat is very small and it can get a little stuffy. We did see some neat stuff (turtles, sea cucumbers, parrot fish), but nothing we hadn’t seen snorkeling, so I don’t think I’d recommend it, unless you can’t snorkel/dive or if you have young kids who are dying to see some underwater life. I think it was a little overpriced.

Oh, both of my kids LOVED the Sesame Street Parade. We didn’t bother going to the parade on our last trip b/c I thought, ‘big deal… a bunch of characters walking around.’ But, our older son wanted to go this year. Oh my goodness, it was actually a really neat parade with Bahamian musicians. Even my 15-month-old jumped up and started dancing and clapping. Very neat.

For the most part, the staff were really friendly and helpful. I found the concierge service to be much better this time around (although for whatever reason, the concierge over at the Caribbean village definitely seemed to know what they were doing more so than the concierge in the Italian village.) One highlight: I recently had this keratin protein treatment done to my hair. Any woman who has had it done knows that it is AWESOME, but it’s expensive and the one enemy of the protein treatment is salt water. Gah! So my hairdresser told me that if I planned to be in the ocean for more than 15 minutes or so, I should consider using a bathing cap. This of course horrified my husband, but I really didn’t want to ruin my hair and we wanted to go snorkling. The problem was, I searched high and low and could not find a bathing cap to buy. We called the concierge and they actually left the resort and found a shop to buy one for me within the hour and I just reimbursed her in cash.

Okay, so here is one little unfortunate part of the story. When I booked the trip, it came with a $250 spa credit if we booked an Italian Village room. It was very clearly on my email confirmation (which I foolishly had not printed out and brought with me). At check-out they told me that not only did they have no record of a spa credit, but that there was no way that I could have one since my arrival date was one of their black-out dates for spa credits. I told them that the email confirmation that they sent me very clearly stated that a $250 spa credit was indeed included. So they asked to see the email confirmation. I told them that if they could let me use one of their computers to log onto my email, I’d be more than happy to show it to them, but they told me that they could not allow me to use their computers. At this point I only had a few minutes before our shuttle left for the airport and I certainly wasn’t going to pay to activate the internet so that I could use it for 5 minutes to pull up an email that THEY sent to ME. I felt that one of the managers was being pretty obnoxious and flat out told me that there was nothing he could do for me. Another manager standing close by slipped me her card and told me to find the email at home and forward it to her. Unsurprisingly, I ran into two other guests having the exact same problem.

So of course as soon as we got home, I pulled up the email confirmation and just as I remembered, it was as clear as day that it included a $250 spa credit and there was NO fine print about any blackout dates.

I forwarded the email to the two managers with a short note telling them that there was some confusion about the credit and I was forwarding the confirmation as requested. I didn’t hear back from either one of them. So then I tracked down the email addresses for Adrian Whitehead (the hotel manager) and Donald Dagenais (the General Manager). I sent them a longer email basically letting them know that I was disappointed with the way this was handled. There is a little bit more to the story, but this review is probably long enough. In the end Adrian Whitehead personally called me to apologize and the $250 spa charge was reversed.

The situation left a little bit of a sour taste in my mouth and initially I felt that I would not be returning to Beaches again, but now that a little time has gone by I think I can appreciate that customer service on a whole is pretty fantastic there and I shouldn’t let the attitude of one or two people spoil my memory of the resort.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,697)
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I recently returned from a 5 night stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos with my wife and two sons, ages 18 and 16. I would like to thank Mike and Amy McHugh from Dream Makers Vacation Services for their prompt help and expertise with planning our vacation.
I had read all the Beaches Turks and Caicos reviews both good and bad on Trip Advisor before leaving. I must say that I agree with both the likers and the dislikers. For our family, this was a vacation of a lifetime. We all had really been looking forward to it and cant believe it is over already.
For our family, it was very expensive and we stayed in one of the lower end rooms in the French Village. However, you would never know people are struggling in this economy since the resort was sold out.
We went last year to Beaches Boscobel in Jamaica. That was a great vacation, but there were not many kids my son’s ages or much geared to mid to late teens. Turks and Caicos was more expensive than Boscobel. However, my kids met many kids their age and hung out with them at night. There was much more of a night life for my boys at Turks and Caicos.
Overall
The weather was phenomenal..80’s every day with a few puffy clouds. The Italian Village is the newest and is extremely nice. I believe the Caribbean Village is the oldest and while some complained that it is in need of repair, we thought it had character. We did not stay there so we didn’t see the rooms. The French Village where we stayed was nice.
Employees
Surprisingly, we found the majority of the employees there to be unfriendly. We stayed in the French Village and did not have butler service. Possibly, if you have butler service or stay in the newer Italian Village, the management would insure that you get friendly staff to help you. Steve and Granfel from Marios were great as was Dexter in Kimonos.
Restaurants
We tried to go to all of the 16 restaurants but missed a few. We went to Reflections for breakfast and they had a nice buffet with an omelet station. We ordered a meatball pizza at the Gordons pizzeria near Marios in Italian Village which had half a meatball plunked in the middle of each slice of the pie. However, we picked up four pies on the way home from Bella Napoli in Caribbean Village and they were delicious. (NOTE: This is a good idea to do since the Turks and Caicos airport has no dining options. Plenty to drink though.) At Bobby’s D’s for lunch, I had an extremely well done hamburg as did one of my sons and the other had an atrocious hot dog. Other than ice cream, I would not eat at Bobby D’s.
We ate twice at Kimonos the Japanese restaurant and it was excellent. Make reservations as soon as you get there. The Italian Marios was also very good and we ate dinner there twice also. I had a good steak at Arizona’s and my kids enjoyed the ribs. We had nice coffee and cookies at the Café de Paris as we watched the shows on the Beaches stage in the French Village.
Pools
The Italian Village pool is fantastic. We had the best water polo games at the Caribbean Village main pool organized by one of the employees Wenz. The French Village pool is nice but there are not a lot of places to get out of the sun if you need to.
The beach is the nicest beach we had ever seen and even though it was windy some days, we got into the water each day. Being February, the water was not real warm, but still nice.
Fitness Center
Not as nice as the one in Boscobel. 5 or 6 treadmills and a couple of old Cybex machines in a very cramped room. Better than nothing, though.
Other Guests
My wife is a very easy going person and she could not believe how some of the husbands treated their wives and family. I am not sure how to describe this other than the fact that it appeared that the majority of the people at this resort are very well off financially. They are used to getting what they want when they want it with little patience. I did not find the majority of the guests to be overly friendly either.
The one saving grace for this middle class family from Connecticut was the Caribbean Village. From the main pool to the Turtles bar where we watched Karaoke on our last night, we loved it. It may be dated and in need of repair, but my family loved the vibe there.
As we left, I said goodbye to one of the ladies cleaning the room and said I would never see her again. She replied, “won’t you be coming back next year?” With one son off to college and vacations no longer matching up, the answer is no. I am unsure what the answer would have been if they were both still in high school. Beaches Turks and Caicos is marvelous in so many ways, but I am not sure if we would have gone back. However, it sure was great to experience one time.

Keller, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

Me and my family have been going to this place for 3 years! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! We lastly stayed in the Italian Village Beach Fronts (the 5 or 6 story i believe). Everything is clean, the staff is super nice, food is great, beaches- glamorous, pools lovely, just everything is fantastic! The one, and only complaint is that we ran out of towels in our suite! Me and my brother stepped on a sea urchin while snorkeling (it wasn't dangerous) so we used the towels. We went horseback riding aswell, if you go, bring pants because your legs will get itchy!! We also went parasailing (75$ a person) and banana boating! I had to hold onto my brother because he was about to fly off. We also went conching with our good friends Shugaray, Albert and Erikk (it was a special treat because we have known them for a long time) The water was 4 feet, so me and my brother could swim in it and hunt for conch shells. We also went to iguana island. My favorite restaurant would be dinner at Mario's. Snacks at Cafe De Paris. Lunch at Arizonas, Beverages at the swim up bars (i love them!). And Breakfast.. well me, my brother and dad would always wake up to lunch because we are always up late watching George Lopez. Bobby D's is one of the resturants always open. So we go down there at 3AM and eat hamburgers with the watch guards! :) Also when you first arrive at the Provo, the airport is very hot but quick moving. You take a 5-10 min drive to Beaches. The service there refreshes you with cocktails, juice and a cold lemon towel to freshen up you face with. They lead you to your room and minutes later you luggages will arrive. I personally LOVE beaches to death. :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This was our 4th trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos- all planned by our wonderful travel agent, Susan Peavey Travel. Each time we have been (beginning in 2005) the resort has gotten better and better. We have stayed 3 times in the Carribean Village and this last time in the Italian Village. Both are wonderful. The rooms are spacious and clean, the food (already good) keeps getting better and the staff is unbelievable. Special thanks to Dane and Antonio, Satar, Ronald Landle, and Fayon - they all made our trip another unforgettable experience. Perfect weather, perfect resort - perfectly relaxing and refreshing. A much needed boost through the end of winter.

Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

This was our second visit to Beaches T&C, our first was 2004. The beach is still fantastic, the food, rooms and facilities are better. This kids loved the pools and especially the water park. If you are a serious windsurfer, bring a harness as they do not have any for guest use. The only problem was that our room had bed bugs. We did not realize this was the source of bites on our kids until the second to last day thinking sand fleas,, but based on internet research and inspection we are confident that room 3126 has an infestation. Inspect your room before you unpack and enjoy everything Beaches has to offer.

• Stayed February 2011
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

The resort is huge with lots of options and apparently variable accomodations.
We elected to stay in the Italian Village (Da Vinci Water Edge) and assigned the two story beach front room. Luckily we were on the second floor as the first floor looked into the dune and located right off a walkway. The balcony and view were awesome. The separate kids space was nice for the evening to relax. Overall, the room is very nice. The pool in Italian Village was busy as well as the beach. If you wanted a chairs, you better reserve early with a towel. Not sure the benefit of concierge service. Butler service reserved a cabana for pool area. The pool is nicely designed and the beach is beautiful. Food and drinks were abundant with plenty of selection but food was average. The water park was fun for the kids. The first day my son was quoted as saying it was the best day of his life.

Travel... close flight to the States but agree going through customs less than ideal with young children... unorganized choatic transfer from airport to resort, much better on return... hot departure room at airport with little to do with little ones while waiting as brought to airport 2 hours prior to flight

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Beaconsfield, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We had a fantastic vacation at Beaches in Turks and Caicos. I would highly recommend this location and hotel.
We stayed in the Seaside Villas Presidential Suite, which we loved. We had a grassy area out front for the kids to play and we didn't have anyone above us. It was so quiet and the rooms were nice. Not brand new, but nice! We also enjoyed being close to the ocean and seeing the blue sea from our room. We travelled with Grandma and our own family which includes three children under seven. We were spoiled by our Butler's Nadia and Latoya. They made sure we had everything we needed and more! Their service, was the luxury that we needed travelling as a group. They were very accommodating even when we changed our minds about things steadily. The maid service was fantastic especially Hilorie, she worked hard to clean up after us all. We found all the staff at the hotel to be pleasant and kind but Onica is awesome! She babysat for us three nights and this allowed us to enjoy the adult only restaurants. We renewed our vows and the ladies at the spa did a FANTASTIC job on hair and makeup. The reception dinner was beautiful under the gazebo - Thank you Stacey-Ann. It was a vacation to remember forever. Thank you Beaches!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!