“Overall a great time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to $355 Air Credit!!
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Chicago, IL
“Overall a great time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2007

We went as a family with a son 13 and daughter 9. I was a little nervous after reading some very negative reviews. I am pleased to say we had a great time at a great resort. Keep in mind a 5 star all inclusive is not a 5 star hotel. This is a great resort if you have kids, but I would not reccommend if you didn't. The resort is very large. My kids didn't make friends as easy as they have in the past at smaller resorts. I did not think the staff was lazy or unfriendly at all as stated in many reviews. We went during spring break and the resort was at capacity. I would have never known. We never felt crowded like we did when we went to Disney World over spring break.

Rooms: We had a lowest category room and we were very satisfied. We were closer to the beach than the French Village and had patios and balconies (upper floors in the French Village do not). The only advantages I saw for the suites is that you had room service and the butler could get you reservations into "full" restraurants. (Although in a couple of weeks only the one adults restraurant will require reservations) Never saw any ants. Somedays our room was made up later than others, but who cares. Unfortunatley it rained 4 days of our trip (we we told it was very unusual for this time of the year), so I was very thankful to have a covered patio to be outside despite the rain.

Food: I thought the food was great for an all-inclusive. Breakfasts and lunch was similar to cruise quality. Dinner except for the adult restraunts was lower than cruise quality, but still very good. I would try to go to the adult's restraurants if you can - Saspadillos if you can only choose 1. Kimonos and Schooners were our favorite family restraurants. I'm not much of a buffet person so we avoided Reflections and Gissepes for dinner. Arizonas was great for lunch, fresh Mahi Mahi every day, ok for dinner. The pizza outside of the Iguanna pool was top notch and was favorite meal and snack, especailly for my kids.
The kids also loved getting late night snacks at Bobby Ds, ice cream available at several locations and cotton candy by the Iguanna pool. Don't miss the crepes at Cafe De Paris.

Pools: Can be a bit chilly, but on a hot sunny day feel great Plenty of rafts available. Chairs did fill up by afternnon, but as long as you claimed your spot by 10:00 or 11:00, you were fine. No problem with bringing balls, dive toys, etc. We had fun playing water polo and pool games at iguannas.

Beach: Beautiful beach. Narrow, but long with plenty of chairs. There is no bar service on the beach, but it is a short walk to two pool bars. The best part is the snorkeling. A 10 minuite walk down the beach is a great reef. We saw puffer fish, angel fish, baraccuda, trumpet fish, flouder, and lots of sea turtle (off to the right in the grassy area). My kids loved it. We brought our own snorkeling gear to avoid leaky masks that sometimes occur with cheaper resort equipement. We never took a snorkeling trip because we were told you saw just as much off the beach.

Scuba: Three of us got certified while on vacation. Dive shop was very proffesional. Water was rough the week we were there so we needed to dive on the other side of the island. This added taxi time and further boat trip (45 minutes). Some people got sick with the long boat trip. We took dramamine and had no issues.

Activities: Our kids didn't use the kids club. They did particpate in some activities. However, not all activities on the schedule took place and when you tried to ask someone, noone seemed to know anything. I think the club is great for the young crowd <8. Not so great for the older crowd.

Entertainment: The nightly entertainment is quite week. My 9 year old liked it, but 13 year old son hated it. Lots of lip syncing. However, the barefoot beach lauau (Fri) was lots of fun and so was the Caribbean night (Wed). Be sure to read the schedule so you don't miss out.

Bars: Never had to wait long. Great drinks, top shelf available on request. Gave just as good of service to the kids as to the adults. My kids loved trying the different virgin tropical drinks.

It is an expensive resort, but definetly caters towards families. Our kids both said it was their best vacation. They are doing a major waterpark expansion, says in will be done this winter, but I doubt it. I would like to go back once it is completed.

• Liked — snorkeling right off the beach
  • Stayed March 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,919)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2007

We stayed for one week with our boys, 6 and 9. Had a wonderful time despite quite a bit of rain (unusual for this time of year.) We stayed in the Parrot Cay villas which is a one bedroom suite with a true ocean view. If you are in these villas, I recommend rooms 620 or 621. These second story rooms have excellent views. Another set of Parrot Cay villas were behind ours, so I'm sure the views weren't as nice. We were relatively close to the construction, (Italian Village) but it never bothered us. They have it blocked off so you cannot even see it. Looks like they are done with the major buildings, and now working on the pool area. (We could see from our balcony.) Our room was great with a King bed and pull out couch. No bug problems, the room was cleaned twice a day. We had a minibar that was restocked. Wine/beer/Champagne/Liquour were in the room. Only snacks provided in the room were chips and pretzels.
The kids club is excellent. Our boys were in two different groups. The younger one baked cookies with the Cookie Monster, participated in a talent show (on the big stage), swam, went shelling, took a boat ride, etc. with the camp. My older one loved the dodge ball, tennis and basketball he did with his group. They both made friends easily. My older son especially liked the camp counselor Richard. He has a real comraderie with the boy campers. We also did the Sesame Street Breakfast (my younger son was interested.) It was fun, but a little long and boring. If you want to get your picture taken with all the characters, this is the place to do it. We all also enjoyed the caribbean party/parade with the characters and caribean band. The parade starts at 7, but go at 6 when the food stands open, and get a seat. The parade goes down the middle of the roundabout. While it was raining, we played a lot of pool, pingpong, foosball, and my boys were in the xbox room (we limited their time there.) Highly recommend taking a walkie-talkie set. It worked great with the older one.
My husband and I are both certified open water divers. He went on 3 dive trips, I did 1. The kids can stay in the kids club while you dive. Let them know you are diving, and they will take the kids earlier. The dive masters and boats were great. Very well organized. He saw a sea turtle, barracuda and black-tipped reef shark. The snorkeling in my opinion is just as good. Walk down the beach (left) about 200 yards and you'll find a reef restoration park area. There are signs. I snorkeled there and a sea turtle was swimming below me. Don't forget to take that disposable waterproof camera. I got some great pictures. Kids could easily snorkel there too.
Restaurants - Sappodillas (adult only) was the best. Kimono's was fun - typical Benihana style. Not sure why folks complained about not being able to get reservations, they have a special desk set up in the lobby just for this purpose, which never had a line. The kids loved Bobby Dee's, they like the independence of getting their own food, drinks and icecream cones. If you are with the kids, you can get grilled chicken sandwiches, wraps and salads, so you don't have to eat burgers and chicken nuggets like my kids did at least once a day! Schooner's and Arizona's was fine. Reflections buffet is also good for the kids who like to see before they try!
Pools - the Pirate pool has two waterslides. It can get pretty crazy, kids mainly. It also has an attached hot tub. When it rained, the kids went on the water slides and I was in the hot tub! The French Village pool is large and much more relaxed/quiet. Great if you have very little ones. There is also a small pool for the very little ones only, next to the kids club for the kids under 5. The Iguana's pool is where they have the music and games, it's a fun place to hang out. The Arizona's pool is what you see in most of the pics with the waterfalls. Fun, but not much deck space if you are looking for a chair.
Excursions - our 2 planned trips were cancelled due to rain. We got our money back. We made it to the iguana island, but take note - they do not come out of their holes if it is raining or chilly. It then monsooned, so the boat turned around and came back. The conch farm is mostly outside, so they cancelled that trip too.
The folks that complain about the staff need to be nicer themselves. I saw a gentleman complain that he waited 1/2 hour for the kids club to open. He got there at 8:30. It's very clear the club opens at 9:00, and he gave the counselor a hard time! No wonder she was short with him. If you are respectful, they'll be respectful back. If you are fun, they'll enjoy themselves too. Fanny at the Turtle Bar was great. Just remember to relax and enjoy yourselves, you are on vacation! Will post pictures soon.

• Liked — Kids Club, Proximity to excellent snorkeling
  • Disliked — Flight delay out of Provo due to USAirway computer glitch
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2007

Here is an honest review from a "midwesterner" that has been to the Caribbean a number of times. Beaches is a great place for families (especially those with kids 12 and under). Unlimited smoothies available at swim up bars, ice cream, cotton candy, XBox games, ping pong, billiards, basketball, pirate ship with water slides and a hot tub for kids, huge zero entry pool, waterfalls and caves in two of the pools, great beach, hamburgers, french fries, pizza anytime of the day...what kid wouldn't have fun with that!

From an adult perspective, the food at the restaurants is good, but don't expect a "best meal you've ever had." I would compare the food to something like Applebees. Breakfast at Reflections everyday was actually my favorite. The all inclusive concept is the only way to go. It's great to just keep trying whatever drinks you want, food you want and never be presented with a bill. You never have to carry your wallet anywhere on this property.

Somebody made an earlier comment that the beach was crowded. Maybe they didn't realize that you can actually walk beyond where the chairs for the resort are set up! My wife and I absolutely love this beach because you can walk forever and it NEVER seems crowded. There are also not any vendors in the water or beach yelling at you trying to sell "whatever" like there are in other areas of the Caribbean. You can also snorkel right off the beach.

Another comment stated that the property just wasn't kept up very well. They must have been talking about a different place. The grounds are expertly manicured. I'm sure that some of the rooms might be more dated (some were undergoing a renovation while we were there) but our room in the main building was nice and very clean. I would have preferred 2 queen beds instead of 2 doubles, but we were so tired by the end of the day that we could have slept in bunk beds.

The satellite TV has about 50 channels and helped pass some time during the unusual rainy days.

If you have little kids and prefer the use of a zero entry pool or will spend time at the Pirates Pool, I would recommend staying in the French Village. If you have older kids and will spend more time at the beach or the pools that have more activity such as volleyball, I would stay at the main building or one of the units close to the beach. The French Village is a pretty good walk to the beach.

If you are a couple without kids or by any chance picking a place for your honeymoon, I would not recommend a family all inclusive...period. We love the family trips, but when you're traveling without kids, pick a spot that caters to adults only. That way you won't be walking to dinner and hear a mom repeatedly say to her 2 year old "do you have a poopie"....kind of spoils the moment!

We love Beaches at Turks. Don't expect the Ritz, but you can expect a great Caribbean resort in a beautiful setting that your family will have a blast at.

• Liked — All inclusive concept and the beach/ocean and pools
  • Disliked — Not much in the way of entertainment in the evening
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Our family (boys aged 8,5, and 19 mos) stayed at Beaches Turks and Caicos during the march break. We loved it so much that I have already contacted my travel agent to rebook for next year !

This is our 6th all inclusive Carribean family vacation, so we have a lot of experience in this department. Our previous resorts have included the RIU palace, Paradisus, Iberostar - all "5+" star resorts. All of our previous vacations were good, but this one was fabulous. This was truly a stressfree, worryfree, "they have thought of everything..." vacation.

Prior to our departure, I was very concerned about all of the negative reviews. I think that as long as you keep your expectations in perspective, you won't be disappointed. Don't forget 1. you are staying at a family resort, 2. it is an all inclusive - they are cooking for lots of people- so it won't be the same as eating at an expensive restaurant in the US and 3. you are in the Carribean - every room in the Carribean we've ever stayed in always smelled a little musty, and yes, the service is a little slow.

What did I like about Beaches ? 1. Food was generally better, catered to North American tastes (loved the iced lattes and frappacinos, wood-burning pizza ovens, sushi bar). 2. Wine was palatable, premium drinks. 3. Staff was extremely friendly, considering that tipping was not allowed (we still tried to tip for good service, but were politely refused on many occasions). This is in contrast to our stay at theRIU Palace in Playa de Carmen where I couldn't get a bartender to look my way unless I had a tip prominently displayed in my hand. Here, the staff were always running ahead to open doors for me because of the stroller, bringing new cutlery when the kids dropped theirs on the floor, etc. 4. Kids LOVED the X-box oasis and Pirate's island, and the general independence of ordering for themselves at Bobby Dee's. 5. Kids Club, especially for our toddler, was great. There was often more nannies than children, and the building was spacious, clean and air conditioned. (One afternoon - our little guy had a little too much to eat and vomited. They paged me. By the time I got there, they had bathed him and washed his clothes ! ). 6. Despite being there over the March break, it never felt crowded. The resort is so big that there was always available beach chairs around the pools and on the beach. never had to line up for anything. Towels very plentiful, and you didn't have to trade them in. 7. We had a suite with concierge service. Initially, we didn't know what the concierge was for - but you can basically call them for ANYTHING - to arrange extra housekeeping, to bring milk to your room, to book your babysitting or restaurant reservations, to request later check-out time - nothing took more than 5 minutes. 6. Lastly, the room although nothing to brag about decor-wise, was very functional and well-stocked. Hair dryer, iron, microwave, umbrellas,etc. Mini fridge was restocked daily - impressive since we opened a bottle of champagne every night ! Even on the last day, they did not ration the amount of bottled water or pop or snacks in that they put in your room - knowing full well that you are going to stock up for your trip to the airport !

Tips - they have washers and dryers (cost $ 1 dollar) - so you don't have to pack too much. buggies/strollers available at kids club for free so you don't necessarily have to bring your own.

In summary, great trip if you have young kids. Plenty to keep them entertainment so parents can have a few hours to themselves. A little more expensive than most resorts, but worth it. Genuinely friendly staff. Don't go if you don't have kids or are looking for night-life.

CUJ, Toronto

• Liked — Kids' entertainment
  • Disliked — nothing
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

I didn't listen to what everyone was saying, I wanted so much to like this destination and make it an annual vist. My children are 3 and 6. Very expensive and the rooms were horrible. We like 5 star resorts and this one is a -1. The beach however was BEAUTIFUL! Visit the Turks but DON'T go to the Beaches. This resort should be ashamed of itself!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

After reading all of the negative reviews about this resort, I felt I needed to set the record straight, and assure you that if you book a trip to Beaches T&C you will NOT be disappointed! The people posting these negative reviews are much too picky; you're in the caribbean, lighten up! Unless you're determined not to, there's really no way you can't enjoy yourself here.

Check in/ Check out:
Check in and check out were a breeze. The staff was pleasant and helpful, and we had absolutely no trouble. They serve punch and refreshments upon arrival, and were very kind and welcoming. When you arrive and you're ready to leave for your return trip, they have a handy lobby for you to wait in.
Rooms:
The rooms were very nice and comfortable. They're surely not five star quality, but that's not to be expected in the islands. They were clean and I didn't have any complaints.
Service:
The service is certainly slow, but remember: it's island time. They run things much more slowly here! However, none of the people ever had an attitude, and were always willing to help. My one complaint is one that I see many others share: towels are difficult to get your hands on. The 1st day we arrived we had no towels, and after calling to ask for them, they arrived four hours later! But again, this is to be expected, and was not a terrible inconvience at all.
Food:
The food was very good quality. It's definitely very good for picky children; they have "American" staples, and then some more islandy foods for adults. There are a huge selection of restraunts for you to choose from, and all are very good!
Beaches/ Ocean:
The beaches were probably the most beautiful I've ever seen. They were clean and white and gorgeous. The water is turquoise, warm, and when you looked straight out, the view was fantastic! Nothing bad can be said about these beaches.
Activities:
I did go on a horseback riding excursion, which was very enjoyable. It was very safe and monitored, and the beaches we rode on were beautiful. I'll admit the entertainment wasn't fantastic. We stayed during SuperBowl weekend, and there was actually a very enjoyable party outside; otherwise, some shows are slightly cheesy, but still fun. Also, the spa gives very relaxing and enjoyable massages and treatments! I HIGHLY recommend this resort to anyone with children or teens. You will not regret your decision!

• Liked — Beaches, food,
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
big flats, ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

We arrived in Beaches on Valentine's Day 2007and stayed a week. We stayed on the second floor of building #7. It was clean and quiet. We traveled with an 8 year old and a 3 year old. They loved the Sesame Street shows put on almost every night. At least one character walked around daily. We felt no need to do the character breakfast. Plus, if you used the Kid Camp, the characters would show up there. We used the Kid Camp once while we went snorkeling. We felt that he was very happy there and the counselors took very good care of him. As for a must do, get a nanny and treat yourself to dinner at Sapodilla's. It was well worth it! We also enjoyed Schooner's, the seafood restaurant. We never made it to Kimono's. We were disappointed with the Tex-Mex restaurant Arizona's. We ate breakfast almost exclusively at Reflections. The wait staff there is exceptional and seemed to be the friendliest of the whole resort! My husband dives and had no problems with the dive team. Yes, it is worth the 15 minute walk up the beach to snorkel. We saw a huge spotted ray, lots of hungry yellow snappers, and at least 4 to 5 turtles. It was hard to believe that these creatures are so close to shore. We never had trouble finding towels or lounge chairs on the beach or near a pool. The beach is small but lovely. Unlike other places, nobody hassles you. Someone may hand you a pamphlet for parasailing or a woman may inquire about braiding your hair but essentially no one bothers you and that is refreshing! On Tuesdays, Beaches allows locals to come in and sell their crafts. That is not to be missed! We had a great time and would not hesitate to recommend Beaches to anyone. We stayed put at the resort but all sorts of tours were offered. We really enjoyed the beach and pools. One thing that I do agree with other reviewers about is that it is a huge place and little ones will get tired walking. Bring a stroller or rent one of Beaches wagons. We requested to stay closer to the ocean. We plan to go back someday!

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!