“Beaches Resort at Turks and Caicos” 5 of 5 stars

Beaches Turks & Caicos
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Rd, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$170 Early Booking Bonus!
Ranked #15 of 44 hotels in Providenciales
New Jersey
“Beaches Resort at Turks and Caicos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My family and I just spent a week on the beautiful island of Turks and Caicos. We stayed at the Beaches Resort which was a total homerun for my family because I have a 4 and 5 year old who love Sesame Street and the Beach!! The Sesame Street Shows were very entertaining for my children as well as my husband and I because it took us back in time to our childhood as well. The characters were accessible, we got pictures with each one easily. The pools were awesome, they have a waterpark with slides, a lazy river and a toddler section with mini-waterslides. My kids were over the moon!! There were numerous restaurants with no wait to eat. The food was great!! This was our 3rd trip here in the past 5 years and my kids never get tired of it. The accomodations were very comfortable, we stayed in the French village and found it to be very relaxing. The kids camp had many activities which my children enjoyed such as "Cooking with the Cookie Monster" and "Dancing with Zoe". We found the Camp to be very well run and clean. We highly recommend Beaches Turks and Caicos, it is awesome!!

5,991 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,458)
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I took my finacee and her 13 year old daughter on an 8 day vacation here. We decided to get a room in the French village since the daughter was just in France. She absolutely loved the experience and all of the water sports.

Before I go further, there are a few things that I'm going to mention that are not in a positive light, but I must emphasize that overall, it did not detract from the great experience.

The rooms were nice, but not fantastic. I personally have no complaint even though other adult only resorts that I have stayed in had better rooms.

We did just about everything:
We took a kayak eco tour excursion (be careful, their kayaks are not the same as the resorts...the single kayaks used are narrow and I found out how unstable by fliping over 3 times...losing my expensive sunglasses and hat). If you take this tour, be sure to go in even numbers as the tadem kayaks are fine).
We took the resort course scuba diving and took a dive in the water (40 ft) later in the afternoon, which was wonderful. The only troubling thing with this is that we came to the resort with the expectation that by taking the resort course, we could then take a dive a day (for free), which is what is advertized on the website. Unfortunately, when we got there and signed up, we were told that it would not be possible due to not having the staff. I can't help believe it might have something to do with the fact that there would be no money in it for them Anyway, the experience of the one dive was great.

We went on a snokerling excursion where they then took you to a secluded island. If I had to change anything here, it would be to extend the snorkeling part of the excursion. Too much time on the island and not enough time snorkeling, which everyone seemed to love.

We went parasailing. I was able to see two matarays from the air. The water was so crystal clear from above.

The 13 year old absolutely loved the surf simulator at the expanded water park...it was hard to get her away from that

As part of the all-incljusive, we went windsurfing, used the hobie-cat mutliple times, along with using the resort kayaks.

The water was so clear and I was glad that I had an underwater casing for my camera as I took plenty of photos and film.

The resort is huge! If we were not at the beach, we were at the French pool or waterpark. The pools were wonderful and very warm with swimup / walk-up bars. The italian pool was also very nice (being the newer addition) and closer to the beach.

Now, a few things that I would change:

As with any all inclusive, the portion size of the meals are not that large (you can always order more or go to the buffet style resturants). We went to every resturant except for one and for the most part they were pretty good. What I found simlar with each and would change are the desserts. It seemed like the same pastry chef made all the desserts for all of the resturants and all the cake-like desserts were a little too dry for my taste. I have a certain expectation of going into the French pastry shop that you would get a nice dessert that makes you feel like you are in France...unfortunately, that's was not the case.

The other thing that I would change is the music. We left there with no distinct memory of island music or for that matter (French , Italian, or Carrabean music) for each of the areas there. On multiple occasions when we went into the French pastry shop, we heard Frank Sinatra singing New York, New York. I would have loved to feel like I was in France. We were in the itialian resturant and heard Jason Mraz...hmmm...this is definitely something that could be improved upon. I can't help but believe other people would like to feel like they are in Italy, France or the carrabean.

We got a taxi one day to go shopping outside the resort. The shopping centers are all close to each other and there are not many of them. although the retail space is built, they are not occupied yet. There is no need to pay the resort fee of $20 per person for the shopping excursion...just ask for a taxi and it is $5 per person and have the local store call the taxi when you are ready to return. It worked out perfectly for us.

An added bonus to our vacation was the fact that Shaquille Oneal was there with his family. He was standing right next to me at the water park. I even got a picture of him. Tough to fit him in the frame, but I got it!

When we got to the resort, we strolled around to locate everything and laughed at all the people that were burnt (most of them unevenly). We told ourselves that it would not happen to us...Well, on the last day, we were laughing at ourselves, because we looked just like them. Word of caution: Use plenty of sunscreen and keep reapplying it throughout the day, especially after coming out of the water.

I'll end this with reiterating the fact that although there are some things that I would change about the resort, there are too many things that made this a pleasant experience...The staff were wonderful (Bobby D's service does need to improve), great place for young children, the best beach / water (this alone wants to make you come back here), lots of resturants to choose from, a number of pools to go to...The French and Italian pools were very nice.

I would definitely come back to this resort and do recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

After traveling to Beaches resort for the first time we're sold. We had a wonderful trip the staff and grounds were outstanding. The drinks out of this world, but you have to have a ( Star 69) at the main pool bar. This drink had the ladies hooked, they coul not get enough.
The water sprorts and staff operating them are outstanding and personal to make sure that you are having the time of your life. I know that this beaches resort is for family with children. However the adult nightlife needs some work.... But all in all we will be back some time in the near future. Next trip is to St. Lucia to the Sandals grande St. Lucian in April of 2010. Can't wait.........

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We traveled with two 13 yr olds, two 11 yr olds, an 8 and 6 yr old. We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation. The staff was very friendly & helpful. We felt very comfortable letting the children venture off to make their own pizza & visit the ice cream bar @ Bobby D's w/out supervision. The beach was incredible! For the most part, the food was good. The beach party @ night was a plus along with the chocolate extravaganza. It was well worth the money. Two complaints...first the soda in the caribbean village tasted like a generic version (not very good).We finally realized they actually had real 'Coke' in the other villages. Secondly, the outrages price tag of $24.99 on the sunscreen. Make sure you pack plenty of it.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We just returned went for a week with my husband and four kids (ages 5, 11, 13, and 17). Beaches far and exceeded our expectations. We absolutely loved it and highly recommend going. We are contemplating a return trip in December (it was that good).

ROOMS
We stayed in the French Village in the regular rooms. The rooms were beautiful, very clean, and included daily turn down service. Extra amenities included in the room include a line to dry wet clothes, a rack for wet clothes, Aloe Vera, bottled water in the fridge, umbrellas, waterproof zipper bag (excellent for caring sunscreen). We really appreciated all these extra touches.

The view was of a hammock and the pool. We were on the second floor and could open a sliding door to feel the breeze. We had three rooms to fit us all and we're pleased with all of them.

THE SPA
We went every single day. Seriously. When we booked the rooms had the $250/room spa credit and since we had three rooms, I got to use $750 of credits. The Spa was wonderful! I'm fairly spoiled regarding spa services and yet couldn't believe what a wonderful experience it was. Yvonne, Yvonne, Yvonne: she was so beyond fabulous and performed almost all my services; in particular, her sunburn care was incredible and really saved the day.

Facial: very thorough and perfectfully suited for my skin.
Couples massage (in each other's hands): very neat experience in which she taught my husband and I how to massage each other while she simulateneously gave (a much better) massage. Yvonne's hands are magic.
West Indie massage: my husband had the 50 min. He was complete jello after the 50 min. He was glad that he didn't have the 80 min. b/c he wasn't sure how anyone can walk after that length of time.
Body wrap: I fell asleep a couple minutes in to it. My poor skin was badly sunburned at this time and came out incredible. I wanted to buy the cream/gel that she put on my skin, but it's not commercially available.
Body polish: skin was silky, silky, silky. Yvonne attention was amazing and I felt like she left no spot uncleansed.
Pedicure: both husband and I had them.
Massage: 13 year old had her first back massage and it was a big highlight
Towels: wow! they smell incredible! Seriously!

Note: Don't book online before you go. Just book when you get there. Financially booking online made it more complicated since they charged my credit card upfront even though I had spa credits.

LOCATION AND ACTIVITIES
Incredible. Beach was unbelievably clean. Water was warm. Snorkeling was great.

Three kids did the resort scuba course which was nice.
SCUBA TIP: sign up starts at 8 am. If you are trying to sign-up for the resort course, line up on the left side of the scuba shop. There are only 8 slots per day. (It took us three days before we were finally able to get signed up).

I also took the refresher course; they require everyone to do an orientation. Did a two tank dive and had a great time.

There were lots and lots of things to do, these are some of our highlights: volleyball, swimming, swim up bars, water slides, kayaks, Club Liquid.

CAMP SESAME
We had a 5 year old and had really hyped up the Sesame experience before we left. Unfortunately, the "Camp Sesame" is really geared towards 3-4 years old. She was in a 5-8 year old group called "Lil Mateys". There was some slight disappointment since she didn't get to go some of the activities we had discussed (baking cookies with Cookie Monster), but she still got to other things like the parade and watch the stage show.

That said, she participated in the kids program for 5-8 year olds every single day. Whenever we checked on her or saw her at the resort, she would tell us to go away because she was having so much fun.

There were a lot of activities and they were very great and she enjoyed them immensely. Tennis. Fashion Show. Science experiments. Boating trip. Treasure hunts. Face painting.

The jewel, however, was the staff, in particular Mimi and Nadine. When we said goodbye, the hugs were so geniune and they exchanged "I love you"s and can't wait to see you agains. I truly believe that these ladies deeply care about every child that comes through and that is so rare.

RESTAURANTS
Food, drinks: all good.

Favorite was the ribs and fajitas at Arizonas.

Never had a bad meal or experience. Fruit punch was also great!

PICTURES
They have camera people every where who tag your kids with wrist bands. For us, this was really great, because our kids were all over the place and I love pictures. They also do a free photo shoot which we took advantage of. I don't normally like to be sold things, but the experience was positive. We bought 45 of the pics electronically and paid between $300 and $400.

TOURS
This is our only complaint. If everything hadn't been so wonderful, this probably would have been much more of an issue for us. We booked two tours: horseback riding and the tween cruise.

Horseback riding: the form wasn't available when we booked so we had to come back later and complete the form. Long story short, we ended up paying for the tour and never went.

Tween cruise: Flyers (two) and form said Thursday 7-9. Signed up and paid and receipt said arrive at 4pm. I asked and was told the cruise was from 4-6. We had reservations at Kimonos at 6. This slightly complicated things. Turns out they didn't get back until 6:30 and my family ended up missing dinner together and Kimono's was not thrilled with our partial party.

in short: the tour desk operator was uninformed, unprepared, and rude. In hindsight, we would have saved our money and not bothered.

hertfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

We have just returned from our second visit to this fabulous resort and we are already planning our third. The resort offers all the benefits of a 5 star resort from the beautifully landscaped gardens and magnificent properties to an endless supply of stunning cuisine. Everything about our holiday was absolutely perfect and the standard was even higher than the previous year, which we thought was impossible but the team at Beaches achieved this. This is the unique selling point of Beaches "The Team"! The staff and management at Beaches Turks and Caicos are truly committed to making every guest's holiday perfect. Nothing is too much trouble, everyone from the gardening team to the catering team convey the message that they want you to enjoy your Beaches experience. If we could bottle that and sell it we would have made a fortune and the world would be a much nicer place, because not only are the staff pleasant and courtesy to guests they also communicate with each other in the same way. I would like to mention the following people who added an even extra special touch to our holiday Paulette in Customer relations who for the second year was just the loveliest person to deal with, Mercedes, Arnold, Omar and Milton who do an incredible job every day and always with the most amazing attitude, O'Brian who entertained and made sure we were never without a cocktail and finally Dwayne the butler who is such a fabulous ambassador for Beaches. Finally the teams behind the scenes in particular the chiefs and catering assistants and the housekeeping teams you do an "AWESOME" job.
If you are thinking of Beaches Turks and Caicos for your next vacation stop thinking and book it. You wont be disappointed!

York,PA,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2009

Beaches Resort-Turks & Caicos delivered as promised in all respects.
Superlative accomodations (French Villa), great food/ service. Gorgeous beach/grounds/pools. Full Scuba Diving course done by all : well organised and as enjoyable as a course can be. Subsequent diving was wonderful. Liquid Disco beautiful, but a bit "tame for our teens : 18 & 19 : "too many old people !!". Transfers from airport (15 mins away) seemless, but airport inself was disorganized/ chaotic. Return planned for 2010.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks & Caicos? Share your experiences!