“Excellent service at the Beaches Resort in Turks & Caicos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa

Save Saved
You added Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa to your Saves list
Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Lower Bight Road, B.W.I, Providenciales   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Red Lane® Spa Credit!!
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Cleveland
“Excellent service at the Beaches Resort in Turks & Caicos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2009

Our family had a wonderful time over Easter break at the Beaches resort. Thank you to Devion in the pub for his excellent service. The brick oven pizza was outstanding. Housekeeping in the Italian Village also did a great job.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,550)
Ridgefield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

As a stay at home mom of 2 girls (3 yrs & 21 mos) I was really looking forward to taking advantage of the Camp Sesame. I viewed the schedule before I left and was expecting an organized fun-filled day for the girls. I would say the care was good, but not great. Although they had an impressive schedule on paper, it was not as organized as I expected. It was the little things--a half hour to "get ready" for the next activity, a half hour scheduled for an activity that took 10-15 min, pool time only once a day, if that. The biggest issue for me, though, was that we had to pick them up for lunch!!! It really broke up the day and made me feel rushed--get them dropped off and before we could even relax, we had to go back to get them. Besides, if you have a child that is uncomfortable at first, you have to go through the whole drop off thing twice! (at this time the hours are 9-12, 1-5, 6-10) We never had the younger one nap there because I didnt like the idea of dropping her off for them just get her asleep. We were at another resort last year (Club Med) and it was so much easier to get them there at 9 or 10 and then have a bigger chunk of time together (with my husband), eat lunch hot and with 2 hands while having a conversation with my husband and then pick them up sometime in the afternoon. Last year when my older daughter was 2 1/2, she napped each day there from 1-3 because it was an organized day without interruption.
anyway, my 3 year old has NEVER cried when I have left her somewhere and in fact the first afternoon we were there we stopped in just to check it out and she didnt want to leave! But after the next time she went, she cried that she did not want to go back. One issue was that there were a lot of kids crying at drop off and the counslers were tending to them without any of them getting an activity started for the ones that werent crying! that led to a lot more crying.
The sesame street characters are around a fair amount, but not too much in your face. The show every night was cute and the kids loved it, but it started at 6:30. The problem with that is that most of the restaurants dont open for dinner till 6. So you had to eat at the same place every night before the show or wait until after, which was a bit too late for cranky, tired kids.
Overall, the resort is beautiful. The service was good. Although there is no room service, you can get things to go and they try to accomodate you. I had stopped at the front desk at an off hour to ask if I could get some yogurt for my younger one who was sick and the person from the front desk ended up bringing it to my room herself (45 min later, but she brought it!)
We did use a babysitter in the room twice, for $15/hour.
For an all inclusive resort, I felt as if there were too many things that cost extra. Internet service, wagon rental ($10/day!!!)--they do not provide strollers., you can snorkel off the beach, but if you want to go out on a boat trip to snorkel, it is extra.
As I mentioned, my younger daughter was sick when we first arrived and ended up having a seizure due to a high fever. It was a horrible experience as a parent, but the staff at the resort were fantastic. From Laverna at Giuseppe's restaurant who ran my husband and daughter all the way to the nurse's office to Adrien and some of the other hotel managers who came right out and got us to a doctor within 15 minutes. My daughter was fine, recovered from the seizure within a minute, held onto the fever for a few days, which put a damper on everything. Dr. Slattery, who we saw at his office and then again at the resort was also wonderful.

So despite the illness, we did have an OK time, but I would go back to Club Med again before returning here.

Michigan City,IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

This was our third time there with our son. He is 5 years old now. They raised the bar on their food from good to unbelievable. The new Italian addition makes the resort as classy and beautiful as Atlantis. We went to Atlantis last year and loved it, but we enjoyed Beaches more because of the relaxing A.I., endless family activities and entertainment, and even better food. No where else could our son have told his jokes at a talent show! Travelers would recognized him through out the stay and say " Isn't that Austin the comedian?" Talk about proud parents.
I used to only be able to get a Cosmo at two adult only bars, but now they are at all the bars. All staff were incredible! They treat you like a friend and joke with your children. It is genuine too. Lloyd went out of his way to have a meal prepared for us they had taken off the menu this year at Scooners. At the Italian pool bar Alexander walked over to refilled my Cosmo at one of the tables without me even asking. They treat you like family when they first meet you. I can't say enough about the food. There are so many delicious healthy choices, we ate like kings!
BRING INSECT REPELLENT! The sand fleas can't be seen or felt. They leave a big red mark. Benadryl made the marks go away in a couple days. I believe I got most bites at the Barefoot restaurant. It was one of my favorite places to eat.
We didn't have to get a babysitter at night because of the extended kids camp hours this year. He loved the camp activities and pirate party! We enjoyed the earlier shows so he wasn't too tired to enjoy them this year. They had something for everyone!
We booked for next year right away and saved 55%. For fun I like to research other family resorts online. I keep thinking one of these years I will find one that compares to Beaches.......NOTHING ELSE COMPARES. Austin is already planning what he will do for the talent show next year!!!!!

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

My husband, 14 year old twin boys, and I stayed at Beaches during school vacation week in February 2009. When we first got there, the place was mobbed since it was the start of school vacation week - everyone seemed to be from the northeast like us. We had to wait a bit to check in only to be told that they were overbooked and they wanted to upgrade us from the French Village to a suite in the Caribbean Village. This was also happening to another couple with younger kids and the woman had a fit! I didn't want to give all New Englanders a bad name so I was calm but firm in the fact that I thought French village was more desirable and wasn't convinced we were being given an "upgrade." One of the managers agreed to show us both rooms...we were supposed to be in a room with 2 double beds in the French Village but ended up with a suite with a king bed in one room and a pullout sofa in the other. The pullout was a little small for both boys to sleep in so they brought in a rollaway. Bottom line, it was a much nicer room so we were very lucky. Plus we had unlimited restocking of the frig which had beer, soda and snacks (I think it was a "concierge" suite). So while things started off rocky, we were very pleased with the room we received.

In summary, the place is huge. We went to the beach every day because it's gorgeous but spent every afternoon at one of the 5 pools. It was impossible to get lounge chairs at the new Italian Village pool unless you were there at 6 am but that is not in the cards with teenagers. Plus that pool is really filled with a lot of young kids and a lot of screaming. We were better off at the pool with the DJ and pool volleyball where more young adults hung out. Every day, my boys checked out a basketball at the activity hut and played pick up games. We also took advantage of the kayaks and "water trike" on a couple of days. I was very worried about being on an island where we would be "stuck" at the resort the whole time but there is so much to do, you never get bored. We did the Kitty Kat cruise (I negotiated 4 complimentary tickets due to the screw up at check in!) which was fun but I would not have paid close to $100 per ticket since all drinks and food are already included at the resort. My boys also enjoyed the video game room late afternoons when they were sick of being in the sun and my husband and I just wanted to nap poolside - it was great!

Having only been to one other all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana which was awful, I was very nervous about the food and drinks at Beaches (I got very sick in Punta Cana). However, my worries were for nothing. The food was very good - we tried almost every restaurant even the pizza served at Poolside was delicious. My boys loved being able to get virgin daiquiris or pina coladas whenever they wanted without having to worry about running up huge bar bills. My husband and I always tried the daily drink specials (yellowbird was a favorite) and they were very good - nothing was "watered down." My husband also was impressed with the beer selection.

We would definitely go back to Beaches and would love to go with a bunch of other families since there is so much to do and the place is so huge, you would never get on each other's nerves!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Just returned from an 8 night stay at the Beaches TCI. We had stayed at the Beaches Negril property two years ago, and had the vacation of our lives and didn't think it could be topped. Well, it has! All week, my husband and I were debating whether we liked this property or the Negril one better, and by the end of the week the winner was this one! I booked next week's trip on our last day there. . .good thing, because we're having withdrawal symptoms.

This is a much larger resort than the Negril Beaches, but it is laid out in a way that it does not feel like a huge place. There are 3 main areas, the Caribbean Village, the French Village and the new Italian village. When we arrived, it took about one day to orient ourselves, and we tried to teach our kids (8 and 11) how to find everything based on the village (each village has distinct colors and architecture) and where the beach was. Each village has its own pools, and we tried each and every pool during our very hot week. The Italian pool is definitely warmer, almost too warm by the afternoon. We preferred that one in the morning, and then usually moved to the French pool or the Cascades pool, which was deeper and had a waterfall and a view of the ocean. It was one week past the major spring break time, so the place was at 60% occupancey. Pool and beach chairs were easy to find at any time of the day.
After reading other reviews and forum posts, we paid about $200 extra to upgrade from a regular French village king room to the Luxury Walkout King. Totally worth the money as the room is freshly remodeled with the most comfortable beds/trundles we've ever had in a foreign country! Large flat screen tv, as well. The day bed/trundle combo was perfect for my two kids, and large enough for an adult. The Italian village rooms/suites cost significantly more, and the rooms are bigger, but we had access to the same facilities, at half the cost. The butler service seemed decadent, but almost laughably so, as the butlers would walk "their family" to meals and go directly to the front of the line. Most of us "poor folk" would just snicker as they walked ahead of us in line. The butlers would save seats and cabanas by the pool or beach, and place flowers and snacks and cold drinks in a cooler, but during this slow week, it just wasn't necessary. We had prime seats every day, with drinks and snacks that were readily available everywhere.

The food was actually good, which was a surprise because I always prepare myself for mediocre food at an all-inclusive hotel. There are so many restaurants, that we actually didn't get to at least 3 of them during our 8 days. My husband and son LOVED the authentic beer-batter fish and chips at the new CRICKETER'S PUB in the Italian Village. It was like a hidden jewel for dinner, as there were many empty tables. We also loved the shrimp cocktail there. We really loved the convenience of having lunch at ARIZONA's in the Caribbean Village. Can grab a freshly grilled hamburger, jerk chicken or hot dog and take it to your pool or beach chair, or can get some of the buffet food as well. Only went to one adult-only restaurant, Sopadilla's, and it was good, with excellent service. Sushi was good, not great, but who doesn't like "free" sushi? The menu was very limited there, but it was always full. Kids loved Bobby D's, which is open from lunch until 6am. My son would always comment when he woke up that "Bobby D's just closed one hour ago!" We would grab some ice cream with toppings anytime during the day.

Another great thing, for those of you with a picky eater. It is perfectly acceptable, and even recommende, that you stop by Bobby D's or the Pizza Place, and pick up a meal that your child likes "to go" and take it with you to another restaurant. Our daughter ate grilled cheese or a "white" pizza almost every night, but it didn't stop us from trying almost every dining possibility.

Our favorite cooling off spot was Cafe Paris, just steps from our room in the French Village, with a full menu of coffee concoctions to rival Starb*cks. Really! We don't usually splurge on iced lattes of frappucinos at home, but had at least 2 a day here. Thanks to TRECIA for her excellent service and disposition. She remembered our drink order after the first day, and would prepare it as we walked in. And they have delicious baked goods such as croissants, mini quiches, macaroons, mini tarts, and muffins, as well as soft-serve ice cream from 6 am until 10pm. And they have the most delicious fresh crepes with huge fresh berries and whipped cream throughout the day. I actually took 8 crepes with us for the plane ride. The staff is more than happy to supply you with foil or wrap and a plastic plate to take the food with you.

Kids only used the camp once, and they liked it, but we met several compatible families at the pool and that kept my kids busy more than the scheduled activities. The new water park is amazing. I just didn't like the lazy river as much as Negril's as it was very slow. The surf simulator was popular with tweens and teens, but my 8 year old was disappointed that he was not big enough. They are very safety conscious with the water park, as accidents easily happen. Most of the lifeguards (which were present at every pool and water park ride) were fairly strict about rules, especially at the slides and surf simulator.

Kids (and dads) love the dark, cool, funky XBOX ROOM. Every game imaginable, with soft, comfy couches and working controllers. It was a great place to go for a while when we had enough sun. Some parents even had to limit their kids. It is centrally located, near Bobby D's and the water park and kids' club.

The beach is to die for. Warm, calm water with a nearby reef for snorkelers. Just borrow Beaches' snorkle equipment (or bring your own), walk 8 minutes to the LEFT to the marked coral reef with red buoys and swim around the perimeter of the buoyed area. We saw so many colorful fish. . . and a SEA TURTLE!! That was one of our highlights, as it was unexpected. We also went on the NATIVE CRUISE instead of the Kitty Kat, as it included a trip to the CONCH FARM, and we had a blast. Went to a new snorkeling area (which wasn't as good as the nearby Reef that we walked to) for about an hour and then went to the conch farm. The current was very strong and it was difficult for the kids to find conch, but we managed to gather about 2 dozen alltogether as a group. We went to an island to swim and gather shells while the men openend 12 of the larger conch and prepared spicy ceviche. As they chopped and removed the conch, we sat on the shore and scrubbed clean the shells to take home. It was an expensive excursion (about 80 pp), but a memorable one, and we have 3 gorgeous shells as souveniers. Other than that, we really did not spend any other money. That's what makes BEACHES so terrific: no reservations, wallets, watches, or phones required. Just pure enjoyment of your family and your surroundings.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

We had been to this resort in 2006 and loved it. We returned to stay at the newly opened "Italian Village" section. This area was just perfect. The new pool is heated so it's great for young and old! Or people like me who like a warm pool! The suite we stayed in was great because it had a separate area with bunk beds for the kids (it's not a separate "room" since you walk directly into it from the hall doorway but it does have a sliding door for privacy from the master area). The Italian Village also is closer to the beach than some other areas of the resort and has a wonderful restaurant that is open for all meals. It's also close to the new waterpark area.

There's something for everyone. The beach is beautiful and the surf is gentle for all ages. I love Beaches because watersports are included. You can take out a small hobie or have a staff person take you out on a faster boat with a jib sail. You can kayak or use a water Tricycle, too. A half mile down the beach you can snorkel around a reef just offshore...just put on your mask and go into the water!! My 13 year old son isn't into the snorkeling so he played pool and used the yard games, etc. around the resort.

They have a great new teen disco area. You only have to be 18 to drink alcohol so be forewarned if you are taking older teens from the US - you will have a hard time enforcing not drinking since it is legal there. I did not like that the 18 - 21 year olds could come into the teen disco at 10 PM. It made my 17 year old daughter want to join in and the kids were rowdy for my 13 year old to be there (which he would have stayed if they weren't). I think they shouldn't be allowed or they should alternate nights for age groups or at least have the older crowd come in at 11PM???

The food is awesome. There are 16 places to choose from. The buffets work great with kids. There's even a Japanese style (cook in front of you) place - fun for a group or at least your family. We didn't have a bad meal anywhere.

Beaches is expensive but with alcohol and watersports included if you are an active group it's worth it. The Beaches staff is excellent, everyone is friendly and helpful, not any of the slowness or negative attitudes I have seen in other island resorts. We chose a concierge suite so we were always stocked with snacks, soda and water bottles for free.

Turks and Caicos is a beautiful location, too. There isn't the poverty you see on some islands. It's only a 15 minute drive to the resort, too.

There are things you will have to pay for if wanted....Banana boat rides and some of the off shore snorkeling excursions or large boat cruises (if you are staying in a concierge suite there are some things you get that others don't).

The nightly entertainment is a bit lame. In 2006 we saw a fire breather and some great dance routines but this trip it was mostly staff people trying to teach dances to the vacationers.

Overall it was wonderful. We were relaxed, well fed, treated like royalty, and had beautiful weather in a beautiful resort. We all came home happy.

Greenwich, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

We were at Beaches with the extended family (child 7 yrs ol, stepdaughter 22 with boyfriend 28), so we had different needs and expectations. We were all very happy.
The location is very good, just 15 minutes from the airport, so very easy for families with children. We stayed at the French Village. Rooms are large and beautifully renovated. The setting was very nice.We were in the Dijon building, the furthest away from the beach, and enjoyed it. We were not too disturbed by the night activity if we wanted to be in bed at 9 and we could get to the furthest attraction (the beach) with a 5 minute walk. Most of the restaurants were withing 3 minutes walk. The pools were great, not too crowded (we were there just after school break April 18-24). No problem in finding a place at the pool or towels. The Aquapark area was open and very well cared after. They would work on it (cleaning, testing ecc) from 5 pm to the night.
Food was good (I am an Italian expat, so not easy to please): we particularly loved Barefoot for breakfast and Dinner, Mario's and Gregory's plaza for lunch (great Pasta with Pesto, great salads, carpaccio. We tried the SPA and it was a very good experience. I had a session of a sort of foot reflexology with Uriel. I strongly recommend him (he is very experienced and very well prepared). The resort is big enough to scatter people around so you do not feel too crowded but it is also organized in a way that you can use all the serviced in a very convenient way. It just lacked a little more service on the beach or at the pool (no one stopping by to offer drinks). Will go back to BEACHES (maybe Negril, for a change).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa? Share your experiences!