This trip was for my husband's entire family. We had never been to an all-inclusive resort before and weren't sure it would be worth the expense. We read tons of reviews; some made us nervous. However, our expectations were exceeded on this trip. Everything and everyone was wonderful. We were picked up at the airport and transported quickly with an amusing driver. We were dropped off at the check-in lounge for our part of the resort, where we were greated with a cocktail. Although we traveled at the busiest time of year and the resort was booked, we didn't wait long enough to even finish our drink! Our luggage was dropped at our room - we stayed in the French Village. I would recommend the French Village as it was newer. Another part of our group stayed in the main building and thought their room was a bit smaller than ours and more dated / musty. Our room was very clean and they constantly brought fresh towels and water. We never had anything taken from our room - even the tip we tried to leave for the maids.
The French Village looks far from the beach, but nothing takes too long to walk to and you enjoy the journey. The pool by the French Village was wonderful. It had a hot tub and a baby area. The swim up bar was great and staffed by the amazing O'Brian who makes a kickin' Dirty Banana. The kids (ages 10, 10. 11. 12. and 17) were rarely to be seen except for check in with the parents. They had a blast at Pirates Island, snorkeling on the beach, beach volleyball, and Iguana's Pool with all of its activities. The youngest member of our group was our 2 year old daughter. She swam and played on the beach. She was enthralled with the Sesame Street shows at 5 p.m. just outside of our room on a couple of evenings. We did take her to the daycare for a couple of hours on a few days. They could swim and play on the playset. Otherwise it was pretty much like daycare for that age group. The hours are 9 -12, 1-5 and 6-9. The 6-9 allowed us to go to dinner as adults one evening.
We thought the food was good. We loved Kimono's - that was by far the most fun. Arizona's was good too.
While we were there we celebrated New Years Eve with a big party. And there was a beach party on Friday night that was a lot of fun. So evenings seemed full - although most of our group was in bed by 10 and glad to do so!
None of us could believe that we were never crowded in a full resort - not on the beach, not in the pools, and not at dinner. It was amazing. You really felt like you were special there and everyone tried to make you happy. We want to say how wonderful Joel was and thank Iguana's bartender, Patrick, for all his great drinks and fun conversation.
Some of our group tried out the fitness area and a bunch of us enjoyed the Red Lane Spa. Wow did we enjoy that!
We went snoreling at Grace Bay on a glass bottom boat - it was scheduled through the resort at $75/person. It was great snorkeling, but the glass bottom is simply not what you expect. However, there is a boat right on the resort beach that was called the Kitty Kat - it was brand new and some people we met from Canada (we loved all the friends we made) went out on it for $100/person. They had all the food and drinks they wanted and spent about 3-4 hours visiting islands and snorkeling. It sounded like a better trip! We also did learn how to pilot the Hobie Cats (free) and Kayaking (free). The banana boat was $25/person and the kids thought it didn't go fast enough.
We probably spent a total of $300 extra (3 people snorkeling, 2 t-shirts, a bottle of nicer wine, some photos, and some diapers - at $4/piece - don't run out of diapers or else!)
Here are some final Murphy's tips:
They take lots of photos for you - but they are expensive.
No one got burned, but we did take rash guards for the kids and they wore them everyday. We didn't need the bug spray (time of year?) The new water park is adjacent to the French Village and will be alot of fun!
The Murphy clan will certainly be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario"s Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort Villages and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos Resort Villages And Spa Providenciales